Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

How did it go? I've only played tests so far...
i have played a test match on pro. After 52 over 122/4 . I got 1 edge and 2 bowled for mistimeing and 1 got c and b . Now ai players are playing save shots with and also spin bowling looks like real experience for mistimeing of bowl and hitting pad. I also played a 20 over match but it is not good like test but ai bowl very good. I played two match in hard pitch with quick pitch wear on under random chance of rain setting.

I've just discovered something that I suppose is common knowledge, but it surprised me. I've found that when on the front foot and moving the right stick towards point, it's almost always played an ineffectual shot, that my player has missed except at certain bowling lengths (I think when shorter, it hits it better). I thought this was the poorly implemented "front foot square drive", that I've heard so much complaint about.

So, in the nets I was just experimenting and on the front foot I then pushed the right stick in the direction of directly at the stumps (or behind the batsman) and all of a sudden I'm square driving it and hitting the ball a heck of a lot more.

So perhaps that (very oddly chosen) direction is the square drive and the right stick to point is an attempt at a flashy cut-to-square (which often doesn't work, particularly at full lengths)?

Anyone else have views on this?

I've just discovered something that I suppose is common knowledge, but it surprised me. I've found that when on the front foot and moving the right stick towards point, it's almost always played an ineffectual shot, that my player has missed except at certain bowling lengths (I think when shorter, it hits it better). I thought this was the poorly implemented "front foot square drive", that I've heard so much complaint about.

So, in the nets I was just experimenting and on the front foot I then pushed the right stick in the direction of directly at the stumps (or behind the batsman) and all of a sudden I'm square driving it and hitting the ball a heck of a lot more.

So perhaps that (very oddly chosen) direction is the square drive and the right stick to point is an attempt at a flashy cut-to-square (which often doesn't work, particularly at full lengths)?

its not a square drive, you drive when you play square drive where as this shot is some what like front foot cut or something but not square drive.

its not a square drive, you drive when you play square drive where as this shot is some what like front foot cut or something but not square drive.

Yeah I may have labelled them in incorrect order as was typing from memory. The point is though that the shot has a much better success rate than the current shot that's where you'd expect to find the square drive. Which is unfortunate I think.

Yeah I may have labelled them in incorrect order as was typing from memory. The point is though that the shot has a much better success rate than the current shot that's where you'd expect to find the square drive. Which is unfortunate I think.
yep , but to be more success full on this shot play it on back foot.

i just want to know can you get mods for the disk version for this game? PLEASE ANSWER

The shot you played is more of a "drive to 3rd man" than a proper square drive.

I don't don't know about that cricket_online. The shot to third man is usually held down on (from broadcast view and a right hander) an angle between 10 and 11pm. This is flat backwards at 12. It definitely seems like a different shot to me.

To my eyes this was going more to point, but I only did it about 10 times in the net. I will have another go in the morning on an actual ground. Thanks for the feedback though guys.

I don't don't know about that cricket_online. The shot to third man is usually held down on (from broadcast view and a right hander) an angle between 10 and 11pm. This is flat backwards at 12. It definitely seems like a different shot to me.

To my eyes this was going more to point, but I only did it about 10 times in the net. I will have another go in the morning on an actual ground. Thanks for the feedback though guys.
Batting animations need a new and fresh animations for the next iteration...I have got many ideas in my head but dont know how much of it will be possible...

Okay, just checked it before heading off for a sleep and yes, it is a third man shot, you and RoughSoul are completely right, but it's very unusual that you're pushing a shot in that direction and getting a sort've gully-3rd man shot, but if you have it on the diagonal angle that's in between square and backwards, it's actually more backwards of point. It seems around the wrong way to me.

So, I completely agree the square drive isn't there at all properly and the wild swing off the front foot through point that is there, hardly ever works.

Okay, just checked it before heading off for a sleep and yes, it is a third man shot, you and RoughSoul are completely right, but it's very unusual that you're pushing a shot in that direction and getting a sort've gully-3rd man shot, but if you have it on the diagonal angle that's in between square and backwards, it's actually more backwards of point. It seems around the wrong way to me.

So, I completely agree the square drive isn't there at all properly and the wild swing off the front foot through point that is there, hardly ever works.

Based on your timing that "3rd man drive" may go a bit squarer and look as if it's a square drive but it's not. You realize this when you time the shot perfectly and the ball runs to the 3rd man boundary instead of going to the backward point/point region. Omission of square drive shot is an oversight but I'm hopeful the issue will be addressed in the next iteration.

Users who are viewing this thread