Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

It's got to be a good thing for PC for sure :)

May not be a coincident that AC2013 delay decision was taken last week. Maybe after the BAC14 reveal happened.

They must have seen the quality and realized people wont be fooled this time.

Anyways, thats all theory. Delay is possibly the best thing happened to AC2013

Damn, never thought of that! Would people be happy if that happened?

I remember once during an English county match Sehwag purposefully hit the ball out of the stadium as it was reverse swinging, so they would get a new ball.(As said by his partner)
If you could implement such a feature then it adds an extra dynamic to the game.

It's got to be a good thing for PC for sure :)

And cricket gaming as a whole? I wish he fires well and make you feel the heat too :)

On another topic, why didn't you make the opening pair be different in heights and builds, in the sneak peak video?

I remember once during an English county match Sehwag purposefully hit the ball out of the stadium as it was reverse swinging, so they would get a new ball.(As said by his partner)
If you could implement such a feature then it adds an extra dynamic to the game.

And cricket gaming as a whole? I wish he fires well and make you feel the heat too :)

On another topic, why didn't you make the opening pair be different in heights and builds, in the sneak peak video?

The lost ball won't make it into this game - I did think that they replaced balls with similar wear? (Don't know exactly where I read that it happened in a match somewhere in the past.... could be totally wrong)

We've only released a fraction of what we have... we haven't set the bar yet, merely the first step.

Good idea - we should have made it more obvious - next time more height difference for sure.

The lost ball won't make it into this game - I did think that they replaced balls with similar wear? (Don't know exactly where I read that it happened in a match somewhere in the past.... could be totally wrong)

We've only released a fraction of what we have... we haven't set the bar yet, merely the first step.

Good idea - we should have made it more obvious - next time more height difference for sure.

They replace with a similar wear, true but by overs. Much of the effort trying to shine the ball on one side would go in vain. I mean, how can one perfectly recreate the one side shine as it were before in real life?

So official trailer for announcement will set the bar? I hope Trickstar learns not to burn its stumps again. :p

----------

Also Mike said EA has the ICC license, do you think they are making a cricket game for 2014 World Cup T20?

They replace with a similar wear, true but by overs. Much of the effort trying to shine the ball on one side would go in vain. I mean, how can one perfectly recreate the one side shine as it were before in real life?

So official trailer for announcement will set the bar? I hope Trickstar learns not to burn its stumps again. :p

----------

Also Mike said EA has the ICC license, do you think they are making a cricket game for 2014 World Cup T20?

I doubt it to be honest. EA is putting its money into the next-generation. At the moment not even all of its franchises (e.g. NHL) have next-gen versions. I doubt they'll put money into making a cricket game, particularly one for a specific form of it.

Yes we are aware of the competition as Ross is a good guy and has a great team behind him.

Oh can you feel the love :p

Am i jealous of Big Ant? Not really, they are a good team and from what I can see so far they are putting together a good cricket game! I have been a competitor all my life and i think competition is good especially for you guys as either way you are the winner. We are starting from behind but we it is going to be a long sprint and let the best game win.

No they are a GREAT TEAM not good and the game they are putting together is BRILLIANT not good, he wont admit it but he is running scared!!!!

Last edited:
Oh can you feel the love :p

No they are a GREAT TEAM not good and the game they are putting together is BRILLIANT not good, he wont admit it but he is running scared!!!!

Running scared? And he chose to hide in the lion's den? For all that he did, atleast Mike isn't running scared. Imagine facing people when you are in such a situation.

----------

I doubt it to be honest. EA is putting its money into the next-generation. At the moment not even all of its franchises (e.g. NHL) have next-gen versions. I doubt they'll put money into making a cricket game, particularly one for a specific form of it.

You don't need to make just on form, they have the license, they can create the whole game and give importance to the world cup event.

EA are not in the business of creating games that do not sell 1M+ units at full price.

Running scared? And he chose to hide in the lion's den? For all that he did, atleast Mike isn't running scared. Imagine facing people when you are in such a situation.

He should have been here months ago but instead he ignored the community that is going to have a big impact on his game sales. Yes it took balls to come and admit his mistakes but as far as im concerned he's too late. Now he wants everyone to believe that the game could surpass BA Cricket, sorry but no!!!!

EA are not in the business of creating games that do not sell 1M+ units at full price.

Probably they will realise the possibility after looking at your game. If AC2013 decides to redeem itself after a sneak peek, why wouldn't other miracles happen?

----------

He should have been here months ago but instead he ignored the community that is going to have a big impact on his game sales. Yes it took balls to come and admit his mistakes but as far as im concerned he's too late.

I go by better late than never. You gotta be positive about something, give the guy a chance, atleast he can't hurt us anymore.

Its a matter of time until MF comes back and gives hard slap to all those who are hoping/expecting better from them.

Users who are viewing this thread