Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

will the comet go from being red to a different colour when the ball starts to reverse. will the comet be white in one day or twenty twenty matches

Read about mate. Dont just flood the place with questions that have been asked a lot already. Click on the link in my sig or see the first post of the gameplay video.....cheers.

Read about mate. Dont just flood the place with questions that have been asked a lot already. Click on the link in my sig or see the first post of the gameplay video.....cheers.

have looked cant seem to find details about 12th man or sub fielders, comet discussions I get are open to speculation but just wondering how if there is no set time for reverse to occur how the player will know when the ball is starting to reverse.... havent seen that in any posts either

have looked cant seem to find details about 12th man or sub fielders, comet discussions I get are open to speculation but just wondering how if there is no set time for reverse to occur how the player will know when the ball is starting to reverse.... havent seen that in any posts either

The comet will not change colour and cannot be changed.

I guess the player will notice when the ball begins to reverse swing. I imagine that in hard modes a team will need to look after the ball well to ensure that it can start to reverse swing at a certain point.

That would be the most realistic thing, to suddenly notice as a batsman that the ball is reverse swinging rather than knowing it wil do so after x amount of overs or as a bowler just press button x if my stats are high enough.

The whole control system in this game is utterly different. It will depend on our input right up to delivery what the ball does in the conditions available. No more press a and bowl a leg cutter or what ever.

Injuries will be there for all types of situations. Whether a sub fielder comes on etcetera I dont know.

will the comet go from being red to a different colour when the ball starts to reverse. will the comet be white in one day or twenty twenty matches

A white comet on a light yellow/brown pitch may be hard to pickup. I'm sure they tested a variety of colours and red was the best.

A white comet on a light yellow/brown pitch may be hard to pickup. I'm sure they tested a variety of colours and red was the best.

Dont the umpires wear red? And from batsman's view you could lose it... I'm sure theyv tested it through the ringer so I'm sure itl be fine :cheers

I hope AI is smart enough to prepare the ball for reverse against Human Players. It will be great to experience the thrill of facing a fast in swinging toe crusher at lightening pace. I am drooling as I type :facepalm

Where the fearsome tweak is our release date :(

Ross, in the gameplay video, when the batsmen has been given out on 3 greens, although officially it's 3 reds to give a batsman out. Even though the rest of the game is awesome.

Ross, in the gameplay video, when the batsmen has been given out on 3 greens, although officially it's 3 reds to give a batsman out. Even though the rest of the game is awesome.

See the first post of the video thread for your answer. It is NOT a mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to have the Friday off :)

Hey ross, a better idea....
You have mentioned many times that you guys already play the game, so why not recors what you play and show some glimpses fielding, bowling,stumping, and a diving save of a sure boundary..:)

Hey ross, a better idea....
You have mentioned many times that you guys already play the game, so why not recors what you play and show some glimpses fielding, bowling,stumping, and a diving save of a sure boundary..:)

Fielding wold be great to get a look at, especially AI fielding against a human player.....

What we know about the fielding is that they are very responsive and walk- in while fielding [Can be seen on the top right of the video]....The keeper goes to the line of the delivery and fielders always look for a chance to get run out dismissals even when a decision is being claimed of LBW [As seen in the video]...
Other things are said in the What we know so far thread....Anything new other than this...:)

TableTop has a different audience, I think :)

Dunno about that. I for one would buy it for sure. Almost wish it came out before cricket 14. It would have filled up the beta spot of cricket 14 and looks like mad fun to play.

Ok so I just played MLB 13 for the first time and I have to say that if that is the kind of thing Big Ant is looking to do with cricket games then I whole heartedly support them. If they can get anywhere near the level of detail and immersion that's in that game first time up they'll be doing very well. Hope the game is a huge success so they can start chucking money at it and make the sequels even closer.

so ross the boss, whats for this friday, keep on telling us what you gonna serve in the food party but never tell when you gonna serve :facepalm we keep on waiting ....

Users who are viewing this thread