Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

As subcontinent cricket forms the major chunk of cricket calender having asian commentators would be great.

As subcontinent cricket forms the major chunk of cricket calender having asian commentators would be great.

given how low in the list of expected sales the sub continent is, i wouldn't hold my breath if i was you. max one i would have thought but even that's unlikely.

Still reckon the 12th man would be the way to go! Then you get all the commentary team for a fraction of the price! Love the idea of Bill Lawry, and maybe Big Max Walker. Can't see them getting Benaud, and since the game is built with brand new engine etc i would suspect they won't be using commentators who've been used before in other games.

Still reckon the 12th man would be the way to go! Then you get all the commentary team for a fraction of the price! Love the idea of Bill Lawry, and maybe Big Max Walker. Can't see them getting Benaud, and since the game is built with brand new engine etc i would suspect they won't be using commentators who've been used before in other games.

I once proposed doing this in a game: using impersonators rather than the real thing. The lawyers would not allow it for a second... :spy

Damn lawyers!!! I would've thought if 12th man doesn't break any laws with his albums He isn't breaking laws, as long as its not being advertised as using real commentators? In fact all the guys at channel 9 and sky seem to be fans, regularly quoting "242/2" in a Benaud accent!!! That's a real shame, the fill in sections would've been great with Bills pigeons etc. no chance of Kevin bloody Wilson either then!!! Oh we'll back to Richie in the central missionary position!

Dh0ni and T3ndu1kar should commentate...

If ind, pak, lanka or bangla are playing overseas then uk or aus accent in commentory is fine but in home series its weird to have foreign accent commentators.

If ind, pak, lanka or bangla are playing overseas then uk or aus accent in commentory is fine but in home series its weird to have foreign accent commentators.

yes, but, with all due respect, your markets are tiny in comparison with the UK, Aus, SA...

india may have a billion people, but very few of them can afford the game (or will buy it legally) - so as a gaming market it is pretty tiny. when that changes expect to see more indian/asian commentators but for now i guess it will be mostly Aus and maybe some English (and Michael Holding as Ross has seen my earlier comment and is flying him in to record some stuff for a day one patch as a special treat).

What about Tony Cozier?? Fantastic voice

Yeah, till then we should be grateful to have our national teams and sub continent player models in game.

What about Tony Cozier?? Fantastic voice

I really wish we have these great voices in-game.

Yeah, till then we should be grateful to have our national teams and sub continent player models in game.

Mate, what we should be grateful of is that someone has made sincere attempts to make a decent cricket game!

That's really not what I said is it? It would be bizarre to create a cricket game without half of the world that plays cricket in the game.

But it would be equally bizarre to load a game that you expect to sell higher in at least 3 other countries than the largest sub-continental country with sub continental commentators. i'm not saying there won't be any, just that if i were you i wouldn't expect there to be and certainly no more than one.

It would be like making a Kabaddi video game and making the commentators Tony Gubba and John Motson just because there was an England team in it.

----------

yeah tony cozier would be great. also big fan of barry richards and ian smith.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread