Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Mike said a lot of things in his short time with us, he will be remembered.

When people actually do work towards your game, as in provide content and advice, and for which you promise them a Beta then it becomes an issue of respect, or lack thereof.

Will there be a reveal for like the commentators and a few other things ross or are you going to let the play-sessions do that for you.:spy

I doubt you'll be able to hear commentary at the play sessions anyway :p

When people actually do work towards your game, as in provide content and advice, and for which you promise them a Beta then it becomes an issue of respect, or lack thereof.

Totally and I'm not sure what Barmy does/doesn't know about Mikes Houdini impersonation, but I do know a few members of PC chipped in helped them out, so it's a pretty clear cut lack of respect for us as a place. Given we're the "core fans" and were name-dropped during the Lords press event, it seems we're only good enough when we're of use to them and when we're not, we're kept in the dark... pretty sh#t way to treat anyone, especially customers. Hence, not bothering with the game. Not even at twenty bucks...

lol

I'd would have also promised you a Beta but you would have been conflicted having already received one from MikeF...

We were told that it was up to 505 and they had their own people. We did do closed beta testing of the AC09 patch and that is generally acknowledged to have been a success (despite it's non-official release).

As far as we're concerned we should be beta testing every cricket game...

Hence, not bothering with the game. Not even at twenty bucks...

Spot on. I have seen several people saying they want both games to succeed, to encourage more people into the market.

Not me. As I have said, it's fairly clear Big Ant have passion for cricket, and this is going to keep them "honest" without competition. I want the quality of their game to increase the market for cricket games and for new entrants to be attracted that way, knowing the bar is set high and they have to do it right.

If Ashes succeeds, it says to any new entrants "get a big name, put out any crap, treat customers with zero respect" is an approach that can work. Do we really want that?

As a human being, I don't wish failure and the negative consequences that follows on anyone. As a consumer, I want Ashes Cricket 13 to fail so hard "pulling a trickstar" becomes an actual thing.

("oh no, i just crashed my new porsche into a bus full of nuns, guess i really pulled trickstar.")

There is no other forum with the cricket knowhow that we have here both generally and games wise.

We were told that it was up to 505 and they had their own people. We did do closed beta testing of the AC09 patch and that is generally acknowledged to have been a success (despite it's non-official release).

As far as we're concerned we should be beta testing every cricket game...

You are... Don Bradman Cricket Academy 14 Beta :)

In all seriousness, if you had been a part of the development process then that would have been more likely, if I had offered it to you then it would have been a certainty.

Ross, I know you must have covered it but I still thought of suggesting it again. BA should add the Cricket Academy players in the playsessions. Many gamers - outside of the PC forum - don't know much about the CA and will still be complaining about the unlicensed players. They should get to know the power of CA with near-perfect facial features, skills, attributes and most importantly, the body and height differences of real players, people will appreciate the game even more. And DBC'14 will get the praise and appreciation it so thoroughly deserves.

Best of luck! :thumbs

There will be an internet link via my iPhone - people will do what they do...

If Ashes succeeds, it says to any new entrants "get a big name, put out any crap, treat customers with zero respect" is an approach that can work. Do we really want that?
It's called pulling an EA and consumers seem to love it judging by the comments wishing EA were making a *insert sport here* game.

It's called pulling an EA and consumers seem to love it judging by the comments wishing EA were making a *insert sport here* game.

A cheap game with an iconic brand will sell well, it is what it is.

Edit - to be fair, EA have actually pulled a few games for not being up to their bar.

i've said it before and i have said it again, Joe Public is a moron. A dribbling moron in sweat pants and a stained t shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread