Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
is it reading too much into this to think "stadium pack" hints that it might be more than just an SCG update?

Or that its too late to implement as release is nigh??

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
is it reading too much into this to think "stadium pack" hints that it might be more than just an SCG update?

*If* there was a stadium update it would have to be more than just the SCG - it wouldn't be worth doing otherwise.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach

Well, if it's not every IPL and World T20 stadium, as well as 16 more English stadiums, I'm cancelling my DBC15 pre-order.

It sounds like it could be more than just an update, which would be nice. The Bradman Oval is brilliant but it would be cool to have one or two more very small grounds, like a county out ground. I feel the Bradman Oval will be the ground I play the most at as I look forward to the calm, relaxed atmosphere of a small ground compared to the loud crowd noises at bigger stadiums.

Edit: I missed Ross's post before I posted but the point still stands.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
I agree, a few more smaller grounds would be great, a village green with a pub, church, little pavilion and little scorers box!!! Obviously a few grounds like that for England, and similar type settings for grounds in other countries.

Lebanna

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I agree, a few more smaller grounds would be great, a village green with a pub, church, little pavilion and little scorers box!!! Obviously a few grounds like that for England, and similar type settings for grounds in other countries.

The great thing is that you could have quite generic "backgrounds" for certain countries (eg, england would probably be greener than the UAE) and then add features like scoreboxes, small pavilions etc and voila you can have a host of small club cricket grounds for each country. Obviously it would take time (and money) to make so wouldn't expect it straight away, but in future iterations it would give a nice touch for the career mode (going from 1 spectator and his dog at a club "ground" to 100,000 fans at the MCG)

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
I long for the day that a cricket ground in a video game will have a massive tree placed at an annoying deepish mid on position, but for now I'll stick with the small village grounds.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
We have lagaan apparel so a ground without grass, raw pitch etc in village would be nice.

also an option for matting pitches, and uncovered pitches that would get super wet if there's rain as well as having accelerated deterioration.

ciki

School Cricketer
We have lagaan apparel so a ground without grass, raw pitch etc in village would be nice.

It'll be great Specially In career mode at age of 16/17 I would love to play on that type of grounds......It will be realistic & player can feel first class cricket......
GREAT IDEA.......:clap

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
I long for the day that a cricket ground in a video game will have a massive tree placed at an annoying deepish mid on position, but for now I'll stick with the small village grounds.

Didn't Worcestershires ground have one years ago?

@Lebanna yep it would be very nice to do that, obviously for future versions its a good idea! Maybe even go as far as have templates of stands, pavilions and score boxes of different sizes that you can use to create your own ground! I think this time round, what we have is a great start, I'd much rather the gameplay is right than the number of grounds etc, but for the future it would be a good extra feature! Imagine creating a Swiss national team and having beautiful snowy mountains in the background with the sound of cow bells and yodelling!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread