Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

With the amount of people demanding mom ceremonies you'd think people are wanting a point and click adventure cricket game with hundreds of dialogue trees (I would totally play that game)

I'm happy to thoroughly interview anyone whom I beat for 20mins after an online game. Should the unlikely scenario occur that I lose any given game, then CONNECTION HAS BEEN LOST

Challenge accepted :p

Hello All,

By looking at the net practice session it looks like this would be the Cricket game of the century. There is everything you can edit. May be too flatter by seeing one of the most awaited Cricket game but I hope the gameplay will be the most difficult and realistic. There are several things you can edit and play which will be the game changer. I love the Beta version and waiting for the full version of this game.

I hope everyone agree with me......and we will find out when the full version will be released :thumbs

I can't wait for that feeling when the forums will explode with patches, mods and bugs(assuming all games have them) when the game comes out. My only wish is to not be disappointed...been waiting for a long, long time! Good luck Big Ant Studios, you guys really have feelings for the cricket fans who want a decent cricket game. :D

Maybe controllers....

100% agree with this, I can definetly see myself breaking a controller in a drunken rage at being given out in my career mode with no challegers left on 80 odd

then having to beg my wife to drive my drunken a$$ to EB games to buy a new one

followed by the same scenario all over again the following weekend....

100% agree with this, I can definetly see myself breaking a controller in a drunken rage at being given out in my career mode with no challegers left on 80 odd

I will be playing the English career mode, which means it will just go on and on and on whatever my performances are......................

From what I saw on the career mode videos, it looks great. I particularly loved the Don Bradman oval although I would expect a much smaller crowd watching a club match. The career mode itself could possibly follow the likes of NBA or FIFA with news stories (eg. 'star of the future hits century off 30 balls' or something) which sort of builds momentum and 'crowd support' which would hopefully be recognised by selectors....or vice versa if you score say 67 on debut then 0,1,5,12,0, etc etc etc where you'd get a 'star falls from grace' or something. This is probably just bells and whistles but rounds up the whole 'my player' experience. In international cricket (esp), there's a lot of stuff that happens before and after the test in the media..not just what happens on the pitch (eg. whats happening to Flower/Cook right now! :yes lol)

One thing that has really impressed me (amongst others) from what I have seen/heard/played of DBC14 are the sound effects. Some of the best, most detailed and rich I have heard.

I guess it's pointless giving congratulations when we haven't played the full game, but based on what we have heard I think BA's sound guys really should be commended for what they have come up with so far. Far better than many other sports titles and games in general IMO and probably only on a sniff of the budget. Very well done.

:thumbs

One thing that has really impressed me (amongst others) from what I have seen/heard/played of DBC14 are the sound effects. Some of the best, most detailed and rich I have heard.
:thumbs

YES!! thats right...everything I've heard to date has been great...from the sound of the nick to the 'bowler' to the sound of the ball on bat. Its funny how little things can impress you :yes

And what's more nicer is every contact of bat and ball is different, from ideal(middle of the bat, top to bottom), edge, mis-time, fast bowling to spin bowling and the fact that nets are indoors, it'll be different altogether again on the field of play,,,Wow! *claps hands*

Hey big Ant, I had a question... I've noticed that in the videos in the play through that the SCG has the old stand (which is understandable as you made the stadium before the stand was built). Can we expect you guys to update that in a patch later down the track?
Cheers,
Alex

We really have a great game coming here. These guys at BA are truly creating something for all the tragics out there. Thanks Ross and co.

Hey big Ant, I had a question... I've noticed that in the videos in the play through that the SCG has the old stand (which is understandable as you made the stadium before the stand was built). Can we expect you guys to update that in a patch later down the track?
Cheers,
Alex

It will have to be a later addition, hopefully we will be able to have a "stadium pack" or update.

It will have to be a later addition, hopefully we will be able to have a "stadium pack" or update.
It's worth noting that I've been reliably informed via our Facebook page that "Pakistan India sub continent stadia licences den dis game will break records for sure".

Users who are viewing this thread