Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

I think this guy was the first to play this scoop. Although its little bit different than dilscoop but basic concept was same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, I don't see how questioning how it is classified a separate shot, when it is quite clearly just a flick over mid-on with a stylised finish, means I'm mentally deficient.

There you go...
A flick would not go for a 100 metre six out of the ground mate. Please, if you are not ready to accept it, then lets drop the argument. There is no point in going on and on.

Its everything in followthrough, nadal gets that topspin with his forehand with overhead finish. Dhoni gets that power from that overhead followthrough.

Its everything in followthrough, nadal gets that topspin with his forehand with overhead finish. Dhoni gets that power from that overhead followthrough.

Isn't all the power transferred to the ball prior to the follow through? I'm sure Dr Pomers will be along shortly with his Physics lesson....

Isn't all the power transferred to the ball prior to the follow through? I'm sure Dr Pomers will be along shortly with his Physics lesson....

The other day I hit a ball right out of the middle, was sailing over the fence, but then the ball realsied I didnt have a helicopter follow through and turned around and came straight back to a fielder.

True story ;)

There you go...
A flick would not go for a 100 metre six out of the ground mate. Please, if you are not ready to accept it, then lets drop the argument. There is no point in going on and on.

Andrew Symonds played this punch over wide mid-on that could go far. At 0:26 this is a similar shot, not quite the one as there isn't footage of it

Lets all sit down and agree that there is no better shot than a nice back foot cover drive. Especially in a test match!

There you go...

When are you going to realise that we are massively taking the piss every time this comes up?

You don't need to take this so seriously.

Andrew Symonds played this punch over wide mid-on that could go far. At 0:26 this is a similar shot, not quite the one as there isn't footage of it

You seriously don't see any difference between an on drive and the helicopter shot? Do you think an on drive can generate as much power as MS Dhoni's helicopter does? Power is a prerequisite for the helicopter shot and it is not your normal on drive and is a very unorthodox shot. Please see the video if you have time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets all sit down and agree that there is no better shot than a nice back foot cover drive. Especially in a test match!

I would have to say Robin Smith's square cut is still the most perfect shot I've ever seen!!

The helicopter is just a well timed, powerful flick with an extravagant flourish.

----------

I would have to say Robin Smith's square cut is still the most perfect shot I've ever seen!!

The very reason my first bat was a GN Elite with a yellow grip (at the ripe old age of 9).

Users who are viewing this thread