Don Bradman Cricket 14 General Discussion

Biggest score in 20 overs? :p

B0A637EFB3B8971B2ECB75DCC956A5A0BCE47475

I call shenanigans. There is no way Sam Robson would bat for 100 balls without nicking off

Rookie difficulty, 10 ball overs and it's a custom match type for a 5 day game with 200 overs per day, no bouncers allowed, T20 style wides and no new balls. Also a midnight start time and 13 hour 20 minute sessions... Basically it's all set up so I can slog everything :p.

Until the batting gets sorted so I can play properly, I'm just going to save/reload and see how far I can get into this by hitting each and every ball for six. I doubt I will get through all 1000 overs, but it is very easy and can be done whilst not even concentrating and with one hand on the controller by using the advance shot every time so you can pretty much watch TV while doing it.

Rookie difficulty, 10 ball overs and it's a custom match type for a 5 day game with 200 overs per day, no bouncers allowed, T20 style wides and no new balls. Also a midnight start time and 13 hour 20 minute sessions... Basically it's all set up so I can slog everything :p.

Until the batting gets sorted so I can play properly, I'm just going to save/reload and see how far I can get into this by hitting each and every ball for six. I doubt I will get through all 1000 overs, but it is very easy and can be done whilst not even concentrating and with one hand on the controller by using the advance shot every time so you can pretty much watch TV while doing it.

Surely batting in a proper game even post patch 2 has to be more fun than that

Surely batting in a proper game even post patch 2 has to be more fun than that
I don't know... I'm just finding that the more I play, the more the frustrations outweigh the fun for me while batting. I had it happen again where I was nearing my first career Legend/Procam fifty and hit a perfectly timed shot straight down a fielder's throat and it just pisses me off.

I'm going to just dick around doing silly stuff like this or whatever until something is done about the aerial shots...

Is this your version of a dirty protest??
Haha it's actually not that bad... Yet! I want to just see how far I can get, maybe I should stream it to Twitch or something - it's almost like playing Desert Bus...

Haha it's actually not that bad... Yet! I want to just see how far I can get, maybe I should stream it to Twitch or something - it's almost like playing Desert Bus...

You broke my record then..

I just edited the teams' home grounds so all my county games are at the two English grounds.

I didn't realise you could do that and so I had a look and saw that you can choose the which country's Summer you have so I figured I might as well at least see some of the other ground around the world and so now my English County Cup will involve 4 continents and a heck of a lot of air miles!

40 overs into my 'Mega Test' maximum challenge - both batsmen on 1200 from 200 balls. 960 overs left and a potential total 60,000 runs to be made... It could take weeks to complete but maybe I'll get there :p.

I assume you block out any no balls?
There hasn't actually been any no balls yet - that would be a way to beat the 'maximum' score I hope to set of 60,000 runs. I'm finding it much easier against pace bowlers than spinners, because the top spinner is much faster needs vastly different timing so I always seem to fluff them whereas with pace I can usually get the 10 sixes in a row for the over. I'm saving after each over vs pace and every 3 or 4 consecutive sixes against spin.

I am using the 'Forfeit the game' option to get back to the menu and reload whenever I fail, so my games played/games won ratio in the stats page is horrendous, and I'm not aware of any easy way to wipe these :p.

I had it happen again where I was nearing my first career Legend/Procam fifty and hit a perfectly timed shot straight down a fielder's throat and it just pisses me off.

Have you tried with no hud?

Users who are viewing this thread