Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Description of Issue: Match reduced to 43 overs due to rain and I had chased the target in 34 overs, but it's showing as AI won the match.

Same, I just had this in a career ODI against Zimbabwe. Target was 151 in 43 overs. Made 152 runs in 31 overs and Zimbabwe celebrated the win. The margin was the difference between our scores, so the game ignored the D/L target (but ended play once that target was reached.)

It's nice that I got MOTM, but anytime it rains it's now impossible to win.

Attachments

• IMG_2843.JPG
    IMG_2843.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2844.JPG
    IMG_2844.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2850.JPG
    IMG_2850.JPG
    476.8 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2852.JPG
    IMG_2852.JPG
    671.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
the batting problem lies only with all rounders..
when i started a career with only Batsman i batted very nicely..

batting with all rounders is a pain..:noway..should be a little easy..

I think that makes sense. Most all-rounders, like mine, clean up in the bowling. You can't be taking 5 - 7 wickets per innings and average 40+ with the bat, I suppose.

This makes it more balanced, and after a few in-game years batting will hopefully improve.

by easy i meant...
i got caught at deep square leg twice playing a full pitch spinner delivery on the leg stump which was very nicely timed..i mean what else should i do..

the basic shots with sticks should hit on the ground first and not in the air..
otherwise there is hardly any shot left to play but defense or play aggressive ground shots..

i'm just saying basic shots should not be hit in the air..until i play a short ball on the front foot or a really bad shot..

Not to break your will, but the aggressive ground-shots go in the air as well. There's no guaranteed way to hit it along the ground, because the ball/bat/pitch physics represent pretty accurately, reality. It's about timing the ball correctly so you're hitting it at the correct point-of-impact on the bat. Takes a lot of practice, to be honest and even then you'll get caught out even if you're a fraction of a centimeter above ground...

The error lies with the fielding AI and not your timing of the ball, IMO.

As posted earlier, video of the glitching fielders as they get near the middle line of the field, the only two times I've ever had this show up.

PS3 - Latest Patch
Second innings of a 4 day domestic Aus comp, Career, Legend difficulty
QLD vs SA
I think Melbourne Stadium
Get Best teams only

Was going for a aggressive drive as the field was up, skied it a bit but still think the ball would have landed safe considering the fielders distance. Also was hoping the fielders would collide and drop it.. but oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to break your will, but the aggressive ground-shots go in the air as well. There's no guaranteed way to hit it along the ground, because the ball/bat/pitch physics represent pretty accurately, reality. It's about timing the ball correctly so you're hitting it at the correct point-of-impact on the bat. Takes a lot of practice, to be honest and even then you'll get caught out even if you're a fraction of a centimeter above ground...

The error lies with the fielding AI and not your timing of the ball, IMO.

its probably the fielding yes..
but i still think taking single should not be a task and should come easily if i used basic shots correctly....coz even the lightly pressed R2 is useless..is as good as full defensive shot..

anyways i hope the batting gets easier with all rounders as you play for more years..

this should happen more often in the game..

Last edited by a moderator:
I played my first game in an indian test match in career mode.. the game got over and got stuck.. this has happened twice.. any help?

why there are 3 fielders outside the inner circle in power-play??????????????????????

AI doen't honor any basic field setting rule, i.e. more than 2 or 3 outside the fielding circle, posting more than 2 behind square on the leg side or having more than 5 fielders on the leg side.

Mode Career
Match: 4/5 Day English county games (cant remember name right now)
After batting and then simulating to player, the game ends with what should be a draw.
However my team got the win. That happened twice and both times my team batted first. I have noticed other teams "Draw" but not when i am playing.

Is it also possible to remove the Umpire warning for bouncers on the final ball of the over.

by easy i meant...
i got caught at deep square leg twice playing a full pitch spinner delivery on the leg stump which was very nicely timed..i mean what else should i do..

the basic shots with sticks should hit on the ground first and not in the air..
otherwise there is hardly any shot left to play but defense or play aggressive ground shots..

i'm just saying basic shots should not be hit in the air..until i play a short ball on the front foot or a really bad shot..

It's all about the timing when it comes to balls being hit in the air or on the ground in that case. Play it late if you want to keeper it down. As in really really late, so late that you are terrified that you're going to get bowled late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread