Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same isssue with me too. Whenver I play a short with backfoot and shot towards midwicket, the batsman is palying a straight bat shot towards mid on. Earlier I thought ity was due to timing but when i play in the nets the shot is working fine but this error is happening while paying in career mode

I face the problem off both front and back foot. I end up hitting the ball to fine leg most of the times even though right stick is pointed in the direction of mid wkt or wide mid on.

Same isssue with me too. Whenver I play a short with backfoot and shot towards midwicket, the batsman is palying a straight bat shot towards mid on. Earlier I thought ity was due to timing but when i play in the nets the shot is working fine but this error is happening while paying in career mode

Happened in Online match as well for me...Played straight drive but the batsman played cut shot got 2 LBW because of that....

----------

I think Ross should look into this and tell whether there is an issue like this in the game....As it has happened to few people here...:yes

Hey Ross, can you tell us if co-op will be made available in any of the first 2 patches?

Hey if anyone's interested, I've managed to finagle a kinda-sorta workaround for entire test series being played at the same venue - basically you download multiple copies of the team you want to play against (save as new clubs) and change their identities as having different home grounds, then schedule tour matches on the appropriate dates. So for Bodyline, I have 4 1930s Australia teams, one with SCG, one with MCG, etc, and set the first and last matches at the SCG as the listed test series in the tour creator, with the 3 "tests" in between against the duplicates as tour matches (which are only 4 days, but so far I've never even lasted a full 3 days, so not an issue yet!).

It doesn't entirely work with regards to series results and player stats, but it does allow you to play a series of matches against ostensibly the same team at the correct times and places, which for some people (well, for me anyway) is the primary concern with the historical tours. Hope that helps some people.

Mode: all
Match Type: all
Over Count: Irrelevant
Ground: Irrelevant
Teams: all
Description of Issue:Some people already mentioned it. Compared to nets, in-game feels like the circle around the ball is showing up too late. It makes me premeditate shots a lot. Would like to see the circle show up right before the ball leaves the bowlers hand.

Last edited:
I just lost a couple of wickets in my test match, and the opposition AI sets an attacking field with one mid off, one silly point, and TWO short mid offs standing next to each other. So, four fielders between me and mid off! :rolleyes

When you view 'All' on 'Big Wheel' in a second innings it shows the first innings as well, both for the whole team and individual batsmen.

The career mode achievements don't pop! Over 100 wickets and over 2000 runs and no achievements. Don't know if this is the same for the ps3, but they are glitched on the 360. If anyone from bigant is reading this, please look into this with your planned patches. Thanks.

Long time lurker, first time poster, have come across a bit of a crazy issue, will describe below:

Mode: Career Mode
Match Type: Pro40
Over Count: Irrelevant
Ground: Irrelevant
Teams: Surrey v Notts
Description of Issue: Player career mode as an all-rounder, right-handed bowler medium pace. Left the field of default settings and was generally bowling swing away from the batsman (diagonal up left) with a normal length. AI continually played the ball straight past the bowler to a man fielding (Mid-On) then set off on a run. As I was bowling AI (on Pro difficulty) ran themselves six times in total, at one point were 13/9 before ending up 30/10 with the last man ran out. Everytime it was mid-on that ran them out.

I've read elsewhere that you're looking into run out issues, but wondered if this specific one was related to the type of bowler/delivery so thought it'd be worth raising here.

Have also seen a different potential issue - when I've bowled balls that could be considered wides, if I appeal for an out, the delivery is not given as a wide.

Sorry for two issues in one post and apologies if this has been raised already elsewhere. Thanks.

Last edited:
The career mode achievements don't pop! Over 100 wickets and over 2000 runs and no achievements. Don't know if this is the same for the ps3, but they are glitched on the 360. If anyone from bigant is reading this, please look into this with your planned patches. Thanks.
This is fixed in patch 1. As soon as you get another career wicket and/or run it will unlock.

This is not an issue but still.. there is no xp for maiden over?

This is fixed in patch 1. As soon as you get another career wicket and/or run it will unlock.

Hi HBK, is the fatigue factor impacting the pace bowlers too drastically addressed in this patch? This is one of the main issues which is affecting the gaming experience in playing longer formats in the game.

I had a strange one today. The AI appealed for LBW and Eoin Morgan was given out. I thought it might have been going down the leg side so I called upon DRS as I was already 45-6 or something stupid like that.

When consulting the third umpires replay I clearly hit the ball. As in no arguments. The ball didn't even brush the pad but then it went on to the hawkeye screen and the umpire didn't reverse his decision.

I don't know if the third umpire needs new glasses or it's a bug, because there is no way I could possibly have been out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread