Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed one bug while playing a casual odi... the batsmen don't cross over when the striker is caught out. I hit the ball high in the air and took a run. The batsman was caught and the batsmen had crossed over but the new batsman took the strike, instead of the non-striker.

HI Ross or anyone else who can help me here, I have been playing and enjoying a t20 IPL league I have created on VETERAN level...

I played my last match against Pune and i won on the super over, but once it went back to the main screen it showed me tieing the match giving me 1 point instead of the 2 points for winning...

I have attached two screenshots, the 1st showing the win in the super over the second showing the match tied with 1 point added to the table...

If you can have a look at this that would be great

PS - I am currently in my VETERAN campaign, we may need another difficulty level soon as I could be reaching the LEGEND mode sooner than I anticipated.

Kind Regards
Riz

Attachments

• 20140416_030333.jpg
    20140416_030333.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 20140416_030506.jpg
    20140416_030506.jpg
    912.8 KB · Views: 25
Mode: Single player
Match Type: T20
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 2.1 overs
Ground: don't recall
Teams: Aus vs India
Get Best:
Description of Issue: Caught behind clearly as the batsman clearly edged the ball going down his leg side. Wicket keeper clearly took the catch. Yet, no one appealed and not given out.
Replay clearly showed major ball deviation after hitting the ball (leg glance).

Happened twice already. Looks like leg glance catches, the AI doesn't appeal and you never get out that way even though you are clearly out.

Get Best:
Description of Issue: Caught behind clearly as the batsman clearly edged the ball going down his leg side. Wicket keeper clearly took the catch. Yet, no one appealed and not given out.

Happened twice already. Looks like leg glance catches, the AI doesn't appeal and you never get out that way even though you are clearly out.

Was the umpire @Biggs? He's just looking after another PC friend!

Just clarifying a few issues regarding 'Competitions' and 'Tours'.

So when making a Tour, you select (or for the preset Tour's it's already selected) a Country for the Tour to take place in. For example, Australia. When you add in a competition to the Tour template, the Home Grounds are randomly selected from those that are within that touring nation. So for Australia, there is random choice between Adelaide Gardens, Melbourne Oval, SCG and Bradman Oval.

As for Competitions on their own. The home ground is based on the Home Teams Home Ground. The reason that a lot are getting 'Melbourne Oval' is due to what is set in the Identity of the teams playing.

Also another clarification. Someone mentioned about having to play as 'every side' in Competition or not being able to choose one side. This isn't quite true. While you don't out and out select one single team, you have the choice of simulating through any match you don't wish to play. If you want to randomly play one match with another team, that choice is there too, especially if you end up losing along the way with the team you originally wanted to go through with.

Yep this was the same in AFL Live (and no doubt RRL1/2) play the game you're involved in and then 'sim all' the remaining fixtures in that round.

Just clarifying a few issues regarding 'Competitions' and 'Tours'.

So when making a Tour, you select (or for the preset Tour's it's already selected) a Country for the Tour to take place in. For example, Australia. When you add in a competition to the Tour template, the Home Grounds are randomly selected from those that are within that touring nation. So for Australia, there is random choice between Adelaide Gardens, Melbourne Oval, SCG and Bradman Oval.

As for Competitions on their own. The home ground is based on the Home Teams Home Ground. The reason that a lot are getting 'Melbourne Oval' is due to what is set in the Identity of the teams playing.

Also another clarification. Someone mentioned about having to play as 'every side' in Competition or not being able to choose one side. This isn't quite true. While you don't out and out select one single team, you have the choice of simulating through any match you don't wish to play. If you want to randomly play one match with another team, that choice is there too, especially if you end up losing along the way with the team you originally wanted to go through with.

I had created a three nation series and there was`nt any option in the pre-game menus that allowed me to simulate without having to get into the actual tedium of the in-game routines (toss). Is there a way to simulate without actually going into the match.

This has happened a few times but I think it needs to be fixed. During my career mode for Yorkshire when I bowl (fast-medium) and i bowl the batsman there is no appeal. I then appeal and it is given not out. When I review the decision it just shows replays of the wicket and remains not out.
Hop this can be addressed.

HI Ross or anyone else who can help me here, I have been playing and enjoying a t20 IPL league I have created on VETERAN level...

I played my last match against Pune and i won on the super over, but once it went back to the main screen it showed me tieing the match giving me 1 point instead of the 2 points for winning...

I have attached two screenshots, the 1st showing the win in the super over the second showing the match tied with 1 point added to the table...

If you can have a look at this that would be great

PS - I am currently in my VETERAN campaign, we may need another difficulty level soon as I could be reaching the LEGEND mode sooner than I anticipated.

Kind Regards
Riz

Best post I'VE EVER READ.

AI Batting

I am playing the t20 wcup.
In the first two matches I batted at the Amateur level , and scored 160 and 189 vs Windies and aussies .

I saved the game on each occassion after 1st innings batting and then started bowling at PRO difficulty .But on both occasion I got the opposition out for less than 40 . In the first over of each match bowling with ajmal ( spinner) I got 4 and 5 wkts respectively.

The AI played some ridiculous shots and got caught in the deep with only 2 fielders in the deep ( powerplay ) also , they ran like crazy , almost 3-4 batsmen got run out in each innings ...when there was no single available at all in side the circle...

I am wondering if this is a fluke or these things happen on the regular basis with AI batting ..

Not sure if it's ever been mentioned, but just occasionally as a fielding position I seem to be stood at Gully, directly behind another gully fielder, (as in he's stood about 5 yards in front of, and directly between me and the batsman.)

Get Best:

For the record - I've been out caught by the keeper down the legside a heap of times...

Not sure if it's ever been mentioned, but just occasionally as a fielding position I seem to be stood at Gully, directly behind another gully fielder, (as in he's stood about 5 yards in front of, and directly between me and the batsman.)

Yep the ai use this field when I bat as well I put it up when I see it next time in correct template

I had created a three nation series and there was`nt any option in the pre-game menus that allowed me to simulate without having to get into the actual tedium of the in-game routines (toss). Is there a way to simulate without actually going into the match.

Competition has the option to simulate pre game. Tour doesn't seem to.

You made a competition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread