PS4/Xbox One Versions Troubleshooting/Bug Reporting

gogga

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Umpires call on LBW reviews is getting on my.....

I get the odd one where the ball may or may not be clipping the stumps but this one earlier infuriated me beyond belief! Most likely not a bug etc and more just a chance for me to rant it off but is there any rough guidelines on what constitutes Umpires call? Appreciate the line and pitch were both off so could have gone against me etc but then whats the point of swing bowling if you can't be marginally off line :D

Oh and in terms of height it was a good way down the stumps below the bails so height no issue.

CNcZQ0xWEAA5lGk.jpg

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's pitching outside off, so not out. Doesn't matter what happens from that point. But I'm a shit umpire and I would give it out.

gogga

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Bugger. Thought it may have been something along those lines due to them missing. They sold it to me well though playing the whole snicko and thermal camera no edge me thinking fianlly overturned a decision and then BAM.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's pitching outside off, so not out. Doesn't matter what happens from that point. But I'm a shit umpire and I would give it out.

impact outside off, not pitching...

i had one the other day playing a test match and getting battered with a huge opening partnership... went around the wicket to the left hander and bowled an inswinging yorker that looked absolutely plumb. given not out and i reviewed it - sure enough it was hitting middle about a third of the way up - but impact was umpire's call for just outside off.

i was nearly in tears! needed a wicket so desperately!

gogga

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Seems I've hit a problem with mine. Can't get past a match in career played the match and it ended and went to the screen where you usually see what you got in the batting pool etc it plays the music and everything but no images pop up. Have restarted 3 times and happens every time is it a corrupt save or is there anything I can do to salvage this?

EDIT

Seems I simulated the match and after playing the next it's worked fine. Phew!

Last edited:

feddy

School Cricketer
Umpire never gives wide if bowl is on the line or even sometimes wider than the line

feddy

School Cricketer
The problem in Don Bradman cricket seems to me to be related to the one with spin where drift rules and spin off the deck hardly exists much at all. It seems that pitch conditions aren't being replicated as they should off the deck.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree Also spin bowls sometimes flights way too much n slow deliveries in spin bowling r so unreal...

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I have been facing a wierd problem since today morning. The game gets stuck at the 'Awaiting sign-in' stage on my Xbox One. The music and the animations in the background continue playing fine but the game never goes to the main menu.

It was working fine till last night. Wonder whether it is a problem with the servers?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It was working fine till last night. Wonder whether it is a problem with the servers?
The only servers that the game would be communicating with at that point are the Xbox Live ones - the only server that Big Ant control in the process is the sharing server, which you only access once you're past that point and go to the Academy part of the game.

Do other games work?

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
The only servers that the game would be communicating with at that point are the Xbox Live ones - the only server that Big Ant control in the process is the sharing server, which you only access once you're past that point and go to the Academy part of the game.

Do other games work?

I found out it was an Xbox Live specific issue which now got fixed. Thank you.

angad

Chairman of Consent
is there any rough guidelines on what constitutes Umpires call?
CNcZQ0xWEAA5lGk.jpg

Umpire's call is when less than 50% of the ball is hitting the stumps/pitching in line/hitting in line.[DOUBLEPOST=1443517521][/DOUBLEPOST]Faced a bug on PS4 where the bowler threw the stumps down at the striker's end with the batsman well inside the crease, yet he was given out 'bowled'

mjmglw2007

School Cricketer
Sorry if this has been posted before but has anybody else come across this 'bug' : On a fairly regular basis , maybe every few games I will get a edge from the batsman whilst bowling , not a clear edge but a audible snick noise that I think is out. So I review the decision and the DRS begins and everything is good and legitimate until the hot spot comes up. There is clearly a white mark on the edge of the bat and on replay the keeper takes a clean catch but the review is given not out and commentators say "wasted review" or only "one review remaining" etc.
As I said it's actually happened a few times now, never in the same match but still fairly regular.
Playing on PS4.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sorry if this has been posted before but has anybody else come across this 'bug' : On a fairly regular basis , maybe every few games I will get a edge from the batsman whilst bowling , not a clear edge but a audible snick noise that I think is out. So I review the decision and the DRS begins and everything is good and legitimate until the hot spot comes up. There is clearly a white mark on the edge of the bat and on replay the keeper takes a clean catch but the review is given not out and commentators say "wasted review" or only "one review remaining" etc.
As I said it's actually happened a few times now, never in the same match but still fairly regular.
Playing on PS4.

Reviews work only for LBW in DBC 14. No point using a review for any other thing as the decision will not be reversed no matter what the evidence.

Users who are viewing this thread