Don Bradman Cricket 14 Official Trailer

Just a point, but the headline itself says nothing about a game. You only have to look at the first sentence of the article, in which it is mentioned it is a game, to see the it says this game has been cancelled. Even if you ignore the part where it says Ashes game, surely it's still pretty self evident that people who have seen "Crap game is cancelled" article, aren't going to suddenly think it's back on shelves when they see any cricket game in shops? In the meantime, you've got the chance to capitalise on the Christmas market, etc, etc, etc.

They are still confused that's why at the end of the trailer neither
-Available 2013
-Early 2014
showed up.

So what that's his words end of November. Now what happen

Do you actually read what Ross posts? No one could have predicted how bad the Ashes release would have been, and the subsequent coverage.

Things change. Get over it. Be happy you're not getting another crappy game.

Just a point, but the headline itself says nothing about a game. You only have to look at the first sentence of the article, in which it is mentioned it is a game, to see the it says this game has been cancelled. Even if you ignore the part where it says Ashes game, surely it's still pretty self evident that people who have seen "Crap game is cancelled" article, aren't going to suddenly think it's back on shelves when they see any cricket game in shops? In the meantime, you've got the chance to capitalise on the Christmas market, etc, etc, etc.

You give "the man in the street" way too much credit.

It's about whether the date we have chosen is the most appropriate in the circumstances.

I dont know what i am thinking is right or wrong....After seeing these many people in PC.Net live(around 600+)....I think it will be success when ever you release......Many of my friends don't have PC.Net Account....But they just check without logging in........I may be not good at this point though....Go Ross What you want to do but we are behind you .......

Come on ross, I know you are stuck in a pretty bad situation. But think about giving it to us as a X'mas present :D

Not sure if its a realistic comparison due to NBA 2k being a well known game, but when NBA Live was cancelled, that meant that everyone that loved basketball games leaned towards 2K. Even though they didn't like the franchise. Hardcore NBA Live fans were left with only one basketball game, and that game became even a bigger beast.

In my opinion you cannot do both. DRS and the like are not "classy" and are certainly not Bradman.

We have a lot of video up our sleeves. The main thing is to act as if you don't know the "more" that is to come.

If you want to differentiate yourselves from 'that other game', wouldn't DRS and nitty gritty stuff like the player creator and career mode in a trailer make it even more obvious to the 'man on the street'

Nice trailer though.. If that is Dharamshala that is a cool addition

It's about whether the date we have chosen is the most appropriate in the circumstances.

I agree with Ross. Hardcore gamers like us [members & guests of this forum] can understand difference bet. AC13 & DBC14.
BUT many casual gamers cannot.:noway

You give "the man in the street" way too much credit.

Probably. :(

But how many of those men in the street are you banking on paying full price for a cricket game they don't otherwise know anything about? In terms of the cricket gaming community you seem pretty set right now.

But we are old enough to know and differentiate between the Best game and the trAsh, we couldn't be bothered more about the debacle, masses outside the forum and the social media will see the game in stores and pick it up,,,especially if its "The Only Cricket Game to Have in 2013",,,,they mustn't think for us,,,,gamers want this game, Big Ant needs the sales, Put the game on shelves and let us play it

Awesome Trailer,,,it makes waiting even harder after seeing it, Nice work Ross

In my opinion you cannot do both. DRS and the like are not "classy" and are certainly not Bradman.
But career mode certainly is and would have in my view be extremely simple to integrate into a trailer

- starting out with Bradman in his prime
- then having a created player walk out on to the ground with the commentators mentioning the debut match
- slowly have the player visually age and build up skill
- end on the player recreating the perfect Bradman-esque coverdrive and then fade in Bradman doing the same and then 'The Legend Continues' tagline.

You can still show off just about everything else in the trailer, like the stadiums and catches, etc. but within a narrative of the key mode of the game and the Bradman legacy.

We'll have separate "feature" videos. I'm OK with how the campaign is beginning.

But career mode certainly is and would have in my view be extremely simple to integrate into a trailer

- starting out with Bradman in his prime
- then having a created player walk out on to the ground with the commentators mentioning the debut match
- slowly have the player visually age and build up skill
- end on the player recreating the perfect Bradman-esque coverdrive and then fade in Bradman doing the same and then 'The Legend Continues' tagline.

You can still show off just about everything else in the trailer, like the stadiums and catches, etc. but within a narrative of the key mode of the game and the Bradman legacy.

Yeah "be the legend"

Are you allowed to even mention that other product in your marketing campaign?

Thank Ross for the Trailer... Its Awesome

Users who are viewing this thread