Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just spoken to Game in uk vie twitter and they have said they will get stock two days b4 release & will not break dates unless told they can do

They also said stock levels will be low so make sure its pre-ordered

So it looks like its a waiting game here...

Yeah I also feel sorry for you guys in the UK. I hope they actually do have that stock available on release day as they say they will.

That's pretty crap Iversen. Mine was shipped from Mighty Ape yesterday although they didn't receive their stock until about midday yesterday so I wonder if that was the same for EB et al and it's getting delivered to each of their individual stores today. Doesn't seem a particularly good "strategy" if the release date gets missed and as you say, certainly puts you off spending your money on Tru Blu games in future.

I'll pop into JB Hifi Wellington at lunch time and see if they have it in.

Last edited:
@C A Iverson - you are in Invercargill. It's basically like expecting to find a copy at the South Pole...

It's Iversen "Balmy", spell it rite! :p As for me being in Invercargill, it's never been a problem before with anything else. Nearly all shipping to New Zealand's South Island gets the same delivery time-frame unless there's been some kind of accident. :)

----------

That's pretty crap Iversen. Mine was shipped from Mighty Ape yesterday although they didn't receive their stock until about midday yesterday so I wonder if that was the same for EB et al and it's getting delivered to each of their individual stores today. Doesn't seem a particularly good "strategy" if the release date gets missed and as you say, certainly puts you off spending your money on Tru Blu games in future.

I'll pop into JB Hifi Wellington at lunch time and see if they have it in.

Hey thanks invisibleman18, but it hasn't put me off buying Tru Blu titles, just pre-ordering them. I think I made a silly move in that regard.

You could be right on the money about the delay for other stores being linked to the slight one that Mighty Ape had. Due to Mighty Ape being predominantly an online shop, they might've jumped up and down first, knowing that they rely on getting things shipped out the day before release. I hope you get yours very soon mate. :)

Last edited:
I'm planning on picking it up from jb during my lunch break today. Going to be the longest day ever waiting to get home to play.

Something like that. Gotta have a laugh during this wait (which is a tiny one compared to you poor old brits). :yes

I was with Tru Blu yesterday, all stock had left him with enough time to be in every location on the planet in time for the 3rd/4th release date.

In order to make sure people had it for the 3rd some locations had their stock early, they sold it and have caused issues for other localities.

If one NZ outlet has it then it is hard to point the finger at Tru Blu in this instance as it is more likely the issue is somewhere else (freight forwarding/customs/whatever).

The UK situation is different, a little over the term "strategy" being used for all outcomes and localities as in context I agree with the strategy that is being used in the UK in response to a certain set of circumstances. All I can hope is that people understand that I have always delivered what I can and staff have always tried their utmost to give all they can to this game, that history of delivery should allow some benefit of the doubt and understanding that there must be some issue in the UK that NO ONE has alluded to or guessed or is even close to understanding. Unfortunately some people will fill a void of information with negative bullshit. If the UK gets the game within a week of the release date will all of the bullshit being spewed page after page have been justified?

If the UK gets the game within a week of the release date will all of the bullshit being spewed page after page have been justified?

Yes.

Did we lose a war?

:-)

PS: This is a joke. It's a common thing that when the UK is slighted by any part of the colonies, we blame it on a war. I do not subscribe to this joke, but I support it because it remains funny.

Last edited:
I should add CA that preorders help us greatly as it means retailers buy more stock (they multiply preorders by X).

I certainly appreciate the vote of confidence.

----------

Yes.

Did we lose a war?

:-)

Looking at the Japanese and German economies I often wonder who actually won....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread