Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you have it do ya Biggsy? If so, then this guy really does get it. :)

Latest I hear from EB Invercargill is that they're expecting stock this afternoon. I bet it's just another cruel carrot-on-a-stick!

Quick someone say something funny to calm me down. Now please!

Just checked JB Hifi Wellington and it's not on the shelf but the guy behind the counter had a pile of them and was taking out the disc and booklet (which are kept behind the counter while the box goes on the shelf). I assume this is something that happens pretty soon after stock is unpacked so it must have arrived only minutes earlier. So there is still hope for Invercargill today.

My order is still showing as being at the depot waiting for the courier van to return. Target delivery time was 9am this morning.

@Ross you mention complications with the UK. Is it safe to assume any issues with the UK are now satisfactorily overcome and that a street date of the 11th is on, or do any issues still exist which may yet see further delay beyond the 11th?

Understand if you are unable to answer, just a very keen pommie here looking forward to trying out the game!!

Just got the call!!! Finally! Zoomed out the door, got it. Just got back and about to go a little bit obsessed for a while I think.

Great stuff. My courier is still at the depot apparently where it's been since 6am. Not looking good for today now, it seems to have missed getting on the van this morning. Unless the tracking details just haven't been updated and it's actually in my mailbox which I'll find out in about 2 hours.

Great stuff. My courier is still at the depot apparently where it's been since 6am. Not looking good for today now, it seems to have missed getting on the van this morning. Unless the tracking details just haven't been updated and it's actually in my mailbox which I'll find out in about 2 hours.

Just got off playing it for a bit and a lot to talk about, but not happy that invisibleman is missing out.

Well if it's Mighty Ape's usual delivery method, it'll be Courier Post who're the courier and they either:

A) Call and see no-one's home, so keep it on the van and attempt a re-deliver tomorrow.

B) They will drop it at your backdoor or mailbox, if you haven't requested that someone must be there to collect it.

C) Make a mistake. Which could cause anything.

It sounds like you are in C) and they haven't loaded it into the van this morning. You can contact them via an 0800 number and ask them where it exactly is (depot, van etc). Even ask if it's on the van, why they didn't drop it off in your mailbox.

Otherwise if you are at work tomorrow, you could have the same situation.

The only other thing you can do is, on a break go to their depot and pick it up. You must ascertain where it is first.
Hope you can get it. :)

There are different issues with India. (Grey imports from the UAE have caused great concern)

And you were worried about the game being 'exported' from here :p

----------

Includes both

Nope....Xbox360 copies are delayed from what I have heard. As of now only the PS3 copies have been shipped.

This is from IVG:

Update from distributor:
?
Xbox 360 version is delayed to 7th April.
?
PS3 version has arrived at their warehouse in Bhiwandi (Mumbai) today, and will be handed over to retailers like FK tonight. So those who ordered online, their orders should be dispatched by tomorrow and delivered by original release date of 4th.
?
It looks like the publisher didn't like that they decided to release early, so they're saying they're going back to the 4th April release date, but I suspect (don't take my word on it) that you'll start seeing the game in stores tomorrow itself in Mumbai.
?
I will be picking up our contest winners' copies tomorrow from their office so they should also get it by 4th

Last edited:
Just got off playing it for a bit and a lot to talk about, but not happy that invisibleman is missing out.

Well if it's Mighty Ape's usual delivery method, it'll be Courier Post who're the courier and they either:

A) Call and see no-one's home, so keep it on the van and attempt a re-deliver tomorrow.

B) They will drop it at your backdoor or mailbox, if you haven't requested that someone must be there to collect it.

C) Make a mistake. Which could cause anything.

It sounds like you are in C) and they haven't loaded it into the van this morning. You can contact them via an 0800 number and ask them where it exactly is (depot, van etc). Even ask if it's on the van, why they didn't drop it off in your mailbox.

Otherwise if you are at work tomorrow, you could have the same situation.

The only other thing you can do is, on a break go to their depot and pick it up. You must ascertain where it is first.
Hope you can get it. :)

Nope not in my mailbox and it's now 5pm so that's that for today. Very angry they have failed to deliver it on release day and who knows if they even will tomorrow? Then of course it's the weekend when couriers won't run. They usually leave it in the mailbox as I never request signature required from Mighty Ape, and in fact I ordered something else in the same order that was in stock and was left in my mailbox the next day.

On the tracking site it was processed in Auckland last night for a overnight deliver and the last entry was 6.06am this morning: "We were waiting on your courier coming back to our depot so that they could take your item out for delivery." So it sounds like it just didn't get put on a van this morning.

I'm mostly annoyed that I broke my own promise not to pre-order games after the Ashes shambles last year. I caved in because it sounded like stock was going to be limited and I didn't want risk missing out and having wait until the 2nd shipment and I also had $10 Mighty Ape credit to use by the end of March. Now my 2 experiences of pre-orders are a game that was delayed on release day and then later cancelled altogether, and a game that hasn't arrived on release day. Should have just paid the $20 extra (or $16 when you include the shipping) to get it off the shelf at JB Hifi today. As it happened they had only just received their stock when I was able to get there this afternoon anyway so assuming they weren't completely sold out from pre-orders I'd have been able to get it.

I'll call Courierpost and Mighty Ape now and see what's happening.

----------

Ok called Mighty Ape and they apologised as the courier should have delivered it today and have given me a code for free shipping next time so thumbs up to them. On hold to Courier Post now.

----------

And Courier Post just said sorry it didn't make today's cycle and couldn't say why. Hopefully will be in the next delivery cycle. Should have known it would be happen. Certainly won't be making the mistake of pre-ordering anything ever again.

Anyway hope you lucky ones are enjoying it. I'll check back in tomorrow to let you know whether it comes but not going to read any more for now or I'll just get jealous!

Last edited:
And you were worried about the game being 'exported' from here :p

----------

Nope....Xbox360 copies are delayed from what I have heard. As of now only the PS3 copies have been shipped.

This is from IVG:

I know! Grey imports into India - never would have believed it. My understanding is that India has sold out of it's first shipment. Stores may have a few but the distributors do not.

Finally Got my Copy Yesterday with Steelbook :cheers

Attachments

• 20140402_212548.jpg
    20140402_212548.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 30
Is it confirmed for sure, that it will release on 4th April? As the sites I use to pre order has it down as 11th April release.

Does the amount of preorders have an effect on the price? I've noticed that flipkart and amazon uk have reduced their price slightly within the last week.

I know! Grey imports into India - never would have believed it. My understanding is that India has sold out of it's first shipment. Stores may have a few but the distributors do not.

Thats awesome news :cheers!! I can tell you for a fact....there is huge interest in the game here. People are excited about it but a lot of them are waiting for:

a) Price drop from retailers (though many are already providing it at very attractive rates, however everyone is not aware of these prices yet)
b) PSN release (as people are expecting it to be cheaper)
c) PC release (as some feel graphics on PS3 look crap as compared to PC :p + the option to mod etc.)

So if you are saying that the first shipment is already sold out (and unless you sent only 1000 copies in the first shipment :p) and you factor in the fact that a lot of grey copies are already sold in the country as well as people waiting for the digital release......things look really promising!!! Hope India hasnt let you down and it does become one of the primary markets for you when you make the sequel :p!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread