Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love playing at the Bradman Oval, it's actually the best ground in the game... Makes me long for a career mode where you start playing on school grounds or local park-type pitches in front of a handful of people...

Absolutely: would love to see a lot more stadiums and little parks in the game. Who on earth is paying to get my English County sides over to Melbourne to play their games is a mystery to me. ECB gone mad......bloody Kevin Pietersen again.

----------

I know zilch about modding/programming/etc but I'm assuming DB14 can be modded right?

If so, what exactly could they mod?
- bat/pad sponsors?
- field names?
- changing the career mode to something other than Aust/UK?

and will BA be supportive of modding?

Ba have said they will be bringing out a Cricket Academy that will be very very mod freindly so that all the art work can be grabbed and edited.

Absolutely: would love to see a lot more stadiums and little parks in the game. Who on earth is paying to get my English County sides over to Melbourne to play their games is a mystery to me. ECB gone mad......bloody Kevin Pietersen again.

----------

Ba have said they will be bringing out a Cricket Academy that will be very very mod freindly so that all the art work can be grabbed and edited.

Re grounds - totally agree. But, personally I'd more than happily just settle for the DB oval but with a different name (lancashire park or derbyshire park, etc) because, TBH its just a ground anyway.

Re modding - I was hoping we could mod the sponsor names, gear names, etc (eg. Kookaburra, Sahara, Gray Nicholls, etc) in CA but its not to be - hopefully its something that BA will allow us in the future. That would just complete the overall experience I reckon.

I am one of those who will buy it on pc also.
currently have it on PS3.
I really wanna see how the Modding community will mod this game,
going to be very interesting. looking forward for that for sure.
since for me, i like the way they did Cricket 2007. the rest of cricket, didn't really modded great for me.
I like this DBC even before its mod. so how great it will be after.

I think after a while, say first year, with a couple of PC platform patches in from Big Ant, it'd be nice to allow some modding and take the game to the next level. I never thought about the modding aspect being the primary reason to own this game on the PC platform in addition to PS3.

But PSN and Steam being two different beasts is going to ruin the sync possibilities. :noway

I think after a while, say first year, with a couple of PC platform patches in from Big Ant, it'd be nice to allow some modding and take the game to the next level. I never thought about the modding aspect being the primary reason to own this game on the PC platform in addition to PS3.

But PSN and Steam being two different beasts is going to ruin the sync possibilities. :noway

lol true. but the graphics is also other reason n most important wanna support Big ant in creating this game.
Some thing new and Hoping for future cricket games from them. :) .
plus i play my pc more than my console .
even if it didnt had mod, still would of buy it. lol i did that with Cricket captain 2009 & 2012.
I bought both Download version and Cd version lol. crazy its just me.
lol i may even buy a Box version of DBC if it do have it.:D

Last edited:
Great. However, you cannot preorder it.... I would preorder this as soon as I see it available...

Don't want to keep gaming in the basement with the PS3 (as is Dark Souls terrifies me so I like to game on my gaming laptop in bed next to my wife and scream and wake her up. Lol)

This is the first time I've heard anyone do so.

This is the first time I've heard anyone do so.

Yeh...normally it's the other way around where the wives wanna watch tv on the very same screen on which you are playing the ps3 and scream you into submission incase you decide to be a warrior :spy

Only on the same basis that a lot of retailers took PC pre-orders once a PC version was confirmed. The page doesn't have any PC specific detail, not even a specification listing which is already public knowledge.

I would advise not to pre-order the PC version yet, and wait for an official announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread