Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In general, how much percentage of current DBC 14 owners (on consoles) do we think will bite the bullet for PC version for the sake of better looking graphics and possibly smoother gameplay because of the sheer power of the PC platform that the game may benefit from?

Also, if one buys for PC (and have the game on the console already), I am guessing there is no way to sync the progress, correct?

Have it on PS3 and will be getting it on PC especially for the mods and better graphics.....

In general, how much percentage of current DBC 14 owners (on consoles) do we think will bite the bullet for PC version for the sake of better looking graphics and possibly smoother gameplay because of the sheer power of the PC platform that the game may benefit from?

Also, if one buys for PC (and have the game on the console already), I am guessing there is no way to sync the progress, correct?

I have it on 360 atm and i will be getting it on PC too mainly for the mods also better graphics :P

Ditto to the Double D's (Dutch and Dridge). Although my desire is to be able to use my third PC monitor as a 3rd PC monitor when I'm not playing the game without having to mess around with physical changing of the cables, and so I can experience the sound alot louder than right now with my good headphones.

I am one of those who will buy it on pc also.
currently have it on PS3.
I really wanna see how the Modding community will mod this game,
going to be very interesting. looking forward for that for sure.
since for me, i like the way they did Cricket 2007. the rest of cricket, didn't really modded great for me.
I like this DBC even before its mod. so how great it will be after.

I am one of those who will buy it on pc also.
currently have it on PS3.
I really wanna see how the Modding community will mod this game,
going to be very interesting. looking forward for that for sure.
since for me, i like the way they did Cricket 2007. the rest of cricket, didn't really modded great for me.
I like this DBC even before its mod. so how great it will be after.

I know zilch about modding/programming/etc but I'm assuming DB14 can be modded right?

If so, what exactly could they mod?
- bat/pad sponsors?
- field names?
- changing the career mode to something other than Aust/UK?

and will BA be supportive of modding?

I know zilch about modding/programming/etc but I'm assuming DB14 can be modded right?

If so, what exactly could they mod?
- bat/pad sponsors?
- field names?
- changing the career mode to something other than Aust/UK?

and will BA be supportive of modding?

I'm assuming anything other than gameplay would be able to be modded. But the way Big Ant is supporting its product, I don't see modding would be as much of a difference maker as it was for other games such as EA Cricket 2007. If Big Ant nail the game in patch 2 and have regular updates via patch or DLC, there may not be any need of mods.

I'm assuming anything other than gameplay would be able to be modded. But the way Big Ant is supporting its product, I don't see modding would be as much of a difference maker as it was for other games such as EA Cricket 2007. If Big Ant nail the game in patch 2 and have regular updates via patch or DLC, there may not be any need of mods.

exactly, thats what I'm thinking. BA have ALREADY provided us with modding tools (sort of) ie. with CA so we can update names, etc. What we do need though is to somehow make a copy of Don Bradman oval and rename it to any other county ground (say) without its own stadium. It kinda kills the 'moment' when you're playing Yorkshire vs Derbyshire at DB oval! lol.

I love playing at the Bradman Oval, it's actually the best ground in the game... Makes me long for a career mode where you start playing on school grounds or local park-type pitches in front of a handful of people...

I love playing at the Bradman Oval, it's actually the best ground in the game... Makes me long for a career mode where you start playing on school grounds or local park-type pitches in front of a handful of people...

I play at the Bradman Oval for 70% of my games. It's very good for first class and One day games, but the atmosphere is rather muted for t20's. Having just finished my first big bash season, it's great fun and much more difficult than the t20 cup. I love playing at the two big grounds for t20's.

Oh for sure, the big stadiums are fun for those matches... but how many cricket games have had little parks, rec-grounds or school fields to play matches on? I reckon that's the next step... Big Stadiums are nice n'all but a true career mode should have you starting out at a park ground, or vacant lot on a Mumbai side-street...

Bradman oval, sepia filter, pre-war clothes and big heads It's the way cricket was meant to be played.

Oh for sure, the big stadiums are fun for those matches... but how many cricket games have had little parks, rec-grounds or school fields to play matches on? I reckon that's the next step... Big Stadiums are nice n'all but a true career mode should have you starting out at a park ground, or vacant lot on a Mumbai side-street...

Oh definitely. I love the bradman oval. It's great for first class and it feels like proper county cricket. I would love more small grounds. As we don't get a good view of the big ones, most just blur into one, so school or park grounds would be great. I'm just saying the big ground atmosphere is great for t20's.

Agree. Having been to a few Div 1 matches, there's usually very few people around..heck, even the bradman oval (in DB14) has more people than I normally see...well, in Bris anyway :P

I always envisaged DB14 to start at the Div 1 level before State, national, etc and playing at DB oval is just perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread