Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I've heard anyone do so.

There was a time I used to assemble my own PC and spend hours tweaking it and customizing it and worry about the Arctic silver paste I applied to the CPU heat sink and check and measure temps etc.

Now, with 2 kids, I don't have the time nor as much interest in doing that. Maybe I will assemble my pc but I'd rather just buy a gaming laptop which works really well (I have Asus ROG 17" 3D gaming laptop) and play in 3D or regular in bed with an Xbox 360 controller.

I get most games in 1080p at nearing 60fps and tbh I am more than happy with even 30fps because it is very difficult to tell the diff between 30fps and 60fps - several people I did blind test on picked 30fps as better than 60fps - from young nephews to older people - proving to me that if you get consistent 30fps you're good. A good contemporary gaming laptop easily exceeds that normally for 95% of games at high resolutions.

Also found that most people couldn't tell the diff between 720p and 1080p which was also surprising but maybe expected.

Anyways, I've digressed a lot. There's good reason to game on a gaming laptop in bed rather than a beefy desktop for an extra 5fps

There was a time I used to assemble my own PC and spend hours tweaking it and customizing it and worry about the Arctic silver paste I applied to the CPU heat sink and check and measure temps etc.

Now, with 2 kids, I don't have the time nor as much interest in doing that. Maybe I will assemble my pc but I'd rather just buy a gaming laptop which works really well (I have Asus ROG 17" 3D gaming laptop) and play in 3D or regular in bed with an Xbox 360 controller.

I get most games in 1080p at nearing 60fps and tbh I am more than happy with even 30fps because it is very difficult to tell the diff between 30fps and 60fps - several people I did blind test on picked 30fps as better than 60fps - from young nephews to older people - proving to me that if you get consistent 30fps you're good. A good contemporary gaming laptop easily exceeds that normally for 95% of games at high resolutions.

Also found that most people couldn't tell the diff between 720p and 1080p which was also surprising but maybe expected.

Anyways, I've digressed a lot. There's good reason to game on a gaming laptop in bed rather than a beefy desktop for an extra 5fps

You missed the point my friend :)

On a smaller screen(<22),its pretty hard to tell the difference.As the screen gets bigger,its pretty easy to do so.

On a smaller screen(<22),its pretty hard to tell the difference.As the screen gets bigger,its pretty easy to do so.

Actually, this was on a 27" screen. I've tried with movies on a 50" screen and a 120" wall projector and results were similar.

Some people can tell between 720p and 1080p and 30fps and 60fps. But the majority seems to not be able to tell.

It also depends on the source material. I've seen that BluRay is well mastered and some movies, it is very clearly evident that 1080p is much more sharper and smoother. For some games, 60fps does appear easy on the eyes but generally the differences are not that easily observable especially with certain games. With car racing games like NFS, I think 60fps does appear smoother but still tough to tell because you're whizzing by at such high speeds.... If it dips below 30fps then you can tell.

Best way to discern for yourself is to enable Fraps and play and guess the fps or see which appears smoother and then look at the top corner to see your own reuslts.

Just love that @fanirama doesn't have time to worry about building a computer, but has loads of time to force his family and neighbours to focus group his AV kit.

Fanirama: BBQ at mine saturday.
Neighbour: your new TV arrive?
Fanirama: yeah, 60in, 4K!
Neighbour: i'm vegan. And Amish...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread