Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"We're" not the target, Australia is the target market initally. It's called "launch a cricket game when cricket is on the tv strategy"

It's the most complex of game releases that I have been involved with.

The most concerning factor is the continued price drop of the competition, it kills the market for all of us, like burning your own crop to starve an enemy.... It reminds me of line from "ruthless people" where Midler says she's been kidnapped by KMart because the kidnappers keep lowering the price....

There is no relevance to this thread but he is just so funny, got to love Danny Devito... from Ruthless People

Last edited by a moderator:
"Ashes Owe-Sometime Cricket" is what, down to less than $30 Australian now isn't it? That's horrific...

"Ashes Owe-Sometime Cricket" is what, down to less than $30 Australian now isn't it? That's horrific...

It's currently $20 for the PC version - it cannot be profitable. There is no future in it and causes harm to all.

edit: It's Freakin' less than a digital version of Lacrosse!

It's currently $20 for the PC version - it cannot be profitable. There is no future in it and causes harm to all.

edit: It's Freakin' less than a digital version of Lacrosse!

Just a thought on that Ross, if you do get your game out before theirs, would it really matter at what price they sell their game (I mean it still will, but the damage would be much less)? From what we have seen so far there is a huge HUGE difference in the quality and longevity provided in your game as compared to theirs, which are two things that decide the fate of the game (in most cases). Now if you come out before them (even by a couple of weeks :p), it would benefit the game in two ways:

a) People who are already aware of both games, know that DBC14 is a superior product, and thus would be more inclined to buy it when it releases, irrespective of the price.

b) People who are not aware of both the games might initially opt (preorder) for the other game due to the lower price and license name, but by the time that game releases there would be loads and loads of videos on youtube and facebook by the people who already bought your game showing how awesome it is....and that would generate more interest on the net and outside as well through word of mouth. Thus there would be a much much higher probability that the same people who were not aware of this game earlier would come to know of it and would choose it over the other game, which 'might' have almost nothing to show.

It's so hard to judge what the public will do. There is a possibility that potential buyers might see the cheap price of Ashes 13 and think it is Ashes 09 and avoid that game because they see Bradman 14 is full priced and therefore must be a new cricket game.

This is what one can hope for...

Also, hopefully Ross has a good enough relationship with the guy at EB to get better shelf space. :thumbs

Ross you guys mentioned on FB that will post pre-order for other countries as well but nothing there yet (if there is anything official I am sorry just guide me there anyone) I dont want to make a pre-order on aussie site as the delivery time is around 2 to 4 weeks (how the hell will I wait that long)... I feel that if I order in England I will get it more quickly as it is nearby me (I am in Germany)

Helppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

The pre-order opportunities will come for certain in UK, SA, Australia, NZ. Other territories we are working on. As with our previous games the window is always short.

The pre-order opportunities will come for certain in UK, SA, Australia, NZ. Other territories we are working on. As with our previous games the window is always short.

India....Still working on??:yes

We have number of solutions for India but it is a matter of choosing the right direction.

Thanks a ton...For the moment I made a pre-order at game exchange with a quick extra shipment charges but will cancel and order at once when you guys announce any official shop online or best digital download for PS3.

b) People who are not aware of both the games might initially opt (preorder) for the other game due to the lower price and license name, but by the time that game releases there would be loads and loads of videos on youtube and facebook by the people who already bought your game showing how awesome it is....and that would generate more interest on the net and outside as well through word of mouth. Thus there would be a much much higher probability that the same people who were not aware of this game earlier would come to know of it and would choose it over the other game, which 'might' have almost nothing to show.

Some valid points, the problem is when you factor in we haven't had a cricket game for four years and people are VERY wary of buying the "Cricket" gaming brand because of (some valid) perceived failures among recent titles. When you factor in the price difference between the two in Australia is going to be between 50 and 70 bucks, those who are wary and wanting to "take a gamble" are going to go for the low-cost option, which is only going to damage the reputation of cricket products (if it's terrible) and dent any results because Big Ant will lose the consumer battle if they swamp the market with discs for only 20 bucks a pop. That's a gamble, many, will write off happily...

Long-term, it just hits the "Cricket Brand" as a console or PC game in the market really hard, because people will associate any product that's out as "only better than that other POS..." which isn't exactly, a glowing review. If BigAnt gets out the gate beforehand, as it's most likely going to do and has probably been the plan all along, then that gives them 3 maybe 4 weeks of sales before Ashes comes in and stinks up the place, if it's bad... we literally have no evidence either way.

Best thing we can do as a small collective is buy the game and then tell people about it. Word of mouth (especially on Social Media) will do a lot to convince people to buy the (likely) more expensive product over the near-app-market-priced game.

All comes down to how good the product is in-hand, we're going to find out in just a few weeks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread