Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of people ridiculing Ashes Cricket, not to say that Ive enjoyed their games thoroughly (Probably i'll given all of them 6/10), but i dont think anyone see's the larger picture.

DBC 14 so far, looks great!! I hope it provides a good & an ever lasting gaming experience. Ashes Cricket on the other hand, have had little or nothing to show. But lets face it, both have to ultimately deliver. Having said that, does it main that we have to Boycott Ashes Cricket 13.

I want to give them the credit to admit that they were not ready yet & have hit the drawing board.

Coming back to the larger picture i was talking about, it is very important for both the Cricket games to succeed. The Success would fast track evolution of Cricket games, attract investors, increase R&D which would make Games better, healthy competition (I'll come back to this), Licensing would become easy, Reduce costs, etc...

I mentioned Healthy Competition earlier, I feel one of the reasons why we've had substandard cricket games is because there has been no or little competition. Year on Year, since 2007, we've had only one quality Cricket game Publisher. This year when there was competition Ashes 2013 was pulled out. Trust me if they had no DBC i'm dead sure all of us would've already had a copy of Ashes 13.

I urge the fans to support both the titles, you can never write anyone off until the last ball.:)

Thanks Mike.

Just a thought on that Ross, if you do get your game out before theirs, would it really matter at what price they sell their game (I mean it still will, but the damage would be much less)? From what we have seen so far there is a huge HUGE difference in the quality and longevity provided in your game as compared to theirs, which are two things that decide the fate of the game (in most cases). Now if you come out before them (even by a couple of weeks :p), it would benefit the game in two ways:

a) People who are already aware of both games, know that DBC14 is a superior product, and thus would be more inclined to buy it when it releases, irrespective of the price.

b) People who are not aware of both the games might initially opt (preorder) for the other game due to the lower price and license name, but by the time that game releases there would be loads and loads of videos on youtube and facebook by the people who already bought your game showing how awesome it is....and that would generate more interest on the net and outside as well through word of mouth. Thus there would be a much much higher probability that the same people who were not aware of this game earlier would come to know of it and would choose it over the other game, which 'might' have almost nothing to show.

I think the market is not that huge for cricket games to really find people whom are unaware of which game is better and the other game is not even reality yet... I think with kind of advertisement done for DBC (screenshots,videos constant feedback for future customer) it will be hard for other game to sell a lot of copies only few kids (please dad buy me cricket game and dad buys the cheaper one & some silly guys like me whom really have to buy every cricket game out there would buy a copy)

I think the market is not that huge for cricket games to really find people whom are unaware of which game is better and the other game is not even reality yet... I think with kind of advertisement done for DBC (screenshots,videos constant feedback for future customer) it will be hard for other game to sell a lot of copies only few kids (please dad buy me cricket game and dad buys the cheaper one & some silly guys like me whom really have to buy every cricket game out there would buy a copy)

Good Point!! Pricing would be big factor. Leave alone Screenshots & Videos, Not many are even aware that we've got DBC 14 due for this year.

...as opposed to the thousands that were expecting Ashes back in July, right?

Not many are even aware that we've got DBC 14 due for this year.
There's no reason for them to be. It's too far out from release for Big Ant to care whether the general public is 'aware' - people will easily miss small promotions over a long period of time, but massive advertising right before release will get people's attention when it matters.

India is a Challening Market

We have number of solutions for India but it is a matter of choosing the right direction.

Absolutely, Very challenging market. Want an advice, Don Bradman is great but for Indian market choose your Ambassador wisely. Cash in on Mr. Sachin Tendulkar's retirement or Mr. Sunil Gavakar's veteran Status (keeping classic players as ambassador as your strategy).

----------

There's no reason for them to be. It's too far out from release for Big Ant to care whether the general public is 'aware' - people will easily miss small promotions over a long period of time, but massive advertising right before release will get people's attention when it matters.

Considering the fact that they're planning to release the game during Ashes or lets say this year, aren't they behind? Thats what people are trying to say, Lack of clarity.:)

Considering the fact that they're planning to release the game during Ashes or lets say this year, aren't they behind? Thats what people are trying to say, Lack of clarity.
Well the Ashes haven't started yet so no.

Will the game be available on release date in india or will it be coming later in india?

Absolutely, Very challenging market. Want an advice, Don Bradman is great but for Indian market choose your Ambassador wisely. Cash in on Mr. Sachin Tendulkar's retirement or Mr. Sunil Gavakar's veteran Status (keeping classic players as ambassador as your strategy).

----------

Considering the fact that they're planning to release the game during Ashes or lets say this year, aren't they behind? Thats what people are trying to say, Lack of clarity.:)

Tendulkar!! Why hasn't ANYBODY else thought of this.

I think they're fine coming up with their own strategies...

Garzee Tindoolka will be promoting the game in the sub continent

[/PressRelease]

[/Thinks he works for BigAnt]

Tendulkar!! Why hasn't ANYBODY else thought of this.

I think they're fine coming up with their own strategies...

Well i'm sure you don't have to be smart to think of this, but a suggestion to cash in on the retirement. And who stopped them from their strategies. Isn't this a forum for discussions & suggestions?:)

It is. Just not terrible suggestions or ones that have been discussed, debunked and drawn-out...

Great the play-sessions have a date, can't wait to read and watch about this amazing looking game soon. PS Ashes who knows what they are doing, maybe they will cancel the game or release on time. If I was Ross I would try not to think about it to much, if the game is as bad as we think it will be then people will buy it and take it back to the shops.

I can see it now, this cricket game sucks but I still want to play a cricket game. DBC14 what is that, looks on the back cover and reads the features and buys the game. The end, sounds like a love story.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread