Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't that all the more reason to get the game out as long before them as possible?

So we need to be in the height of the Cricket season and not near their $20 game... if you can please let me know when they are going to drop that thing on us then I'll tell you when we are releasing.

Obviously they think releasing in mid-November achieves that.

that's what confuses me - the actions, in releasing in mid-nov, indicate they don't think it will release; the comments in "they're killing the market" with the price drop, indicates they think it will release...

As I said above, it seems to me it's been over-thought, maybe that has added to the complexity.

Their previously communicated plan, of releasing as soon as possible in the Aus cricket season, still seems to me what would have been best, and would have meant late Oct/early Nov. I guess issues in testing the day one patch or CA bugs have pushed that back, so maybe this is still "as early as possible" in that sense.

----------

So we need to be in the height of the Cricket season and not near their $20 game... if you can please let me know when they are going to drop that thing on us then I'll tell you when we are releasing.

i guess you don't think much of my first mover advantage theory?

Well let's not get into how much earlier you could/would have released but based on their track record so far November ought to be yours.

I have not given a release date as of yet, sure you will all see the game on 7 November (live or via videos) but that is not the date of release.

----------

Well let's not get into how much earlier you could/would have released but based on their track record so far November ought to be yours.

We will see... if they had passed submission in June/July it would have been out - lets see if it passes submission this time because if it does then get your twenty bucks ready.

We will see... if they had passed submission in June/July it would have been out - lets see if it passes submission this time because if it does then get your twenty bucks ready.

Do you think there is any possibility that being called Ashes 13 and $20, up against a more expensive "14" title people will not think it's an old game being reduced? and the 14 will be
more attractive, regardless of licenses?

So we need to be in the height of the Cricket season and not near their $20 game

Seeing that the other game is titled after a tournament that will be played at the height of the cricket season in Australia and thus would be released either before or during that tournament, it is obvious that you cannot achieve both.

So either you take the initiative and capture the market before they can disrupt it or wait till they disrupt it and then release your game as the 'Saviour'. The former looks unlikely as the window for releasing your game before the other one while retaining a clear distance between the two releases seem to be gone now (assuming that AC13 will release before or during the Ashes), while the latter seems possible only if you release your game next year :) (December can also be an option, however if Australia loses a couple of tests to England, then I dont think the excitement levels would be the same) !

that's what confuses me - the actions, in releasing in mid-nov, indicate they don't think it will release; the comments in "they're killing the market" with the price drop, indicates they think it will release...
I see it basically as a challenge to 505 - now that they know they'd be going near head to head if they released it to their 'November' schedule. Could they really go head to head and show off their game proudly directly against it?

It's okay. They do drinks coasters
I'd have thought it would be deserving of your Cricket 07 treatment?

Seeing that the other game is titled after a tournament that will be played at the height of the cricket season in Australia and thus would be released either before or during that tournament, it is obvious that you cannot achieve both.

So either you take the initiative and capture the market before they can disrupt it or wait till they disrupt it and then release your game as the 'Saviour'. The former looks unlikely as the window for releasing your game before the other one while retaining a clear distance between the two releases seem to be gone now (assuming that AC13 will release before or during the Ashes), while the latter seems possible only if you release your game next year :) (December can also be an option, however if Australia loses a couple of tests to England, then I dont think the excitement levels would be the same) !

i am not a "typical" gamer, but let me present a counterfactual history lesson for everyone.

if Ashes 13 released in June or July, I'd have bought it. I wouldn't have even known about Big Ant/Bradman cricket. With Ashes being a stinker, with my fingers burnt previously, I would have been highly unlikely to buy Bradman a couple of months after. Since all cricket games get touted as the best ever and are a huge disappointment.

I might have hazarded a purchase next year at a reduced price, or a 2nd hand copy, but no way at full price. Not even a chance. And I love cricket.

I can't believe I would have been the only one to act like that in that scenario.

I won't by Ashes now even if it releases first, but for those without the knowledge of the whole clusterf*** that Ashes is, the same scenario will apply.

Similarly, if I had bought Bradman first, if I liked the game I don't need to buy Ashes - CA lets me play with the "real" players and I can keep it up to date much easier.

Not to repeat myself, but first mover advantage. Especially when you're the new guy in town, have a less topical license, and a higher priced (but higher quality) product. Get established, get word of mouth. Don't give them a chance.

----------

I see it basically as a challenge to 505 - now that they know they'd be going near head to head if they released it to their 'November' schedule.

"we need to be in the height of the Cricket season and not near their $20 game" - they obviously want to avoid that.

Not to repeat myself, but first mover advantage. Especially when you're the new guy in town, have a less topical license, and a higher priced (but higher quality) product. Get established, get word of mouth. Don't give them a chance

I think almost everyone on this forum agree with this!

One think Ross has always been consistent with, is that DBC14 will be releasing BEFORE AC13. Are you at liberty to say if this is still the case Ross?

One think Ross has always been consistent with, is that DBC14 will be releasing BEFORE AC13. Are you at liberty to say if this is still the case Ross?

I thought their original plan was to release after Ashes June/July release... only when we got the November release did he say DBC would be first. Now that may be up in the air.

I thought their original plan was to release after Ashes June/July release... only when we got the November release did he say DBC would be first. Now that may be up in the air.

Yep, my post should read after the AC13 delay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread