Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, my post should read after the AC13 delay

Based on the recent discussion in the 'Release Date' thread, it seems (*as per my interpretation only) that if Ashes Cricket 13 releases before or during the first ashes test for $20, then DBC14 may release after that.

Ross: You said that play session will be held in Oct...But got only Nov date because of their [EB] busy schedule or you decided that Nov was best time for that??:)

"we need to be in the height of the Cricket season and not near their $20 game" - they obviously want to avoid that.
The key is that those are mutually exclusive if Ashes releases. So blow them out of the water by releasing at exactly the perfect time for their game if they could have gotten it to market.

I hate to put it so bluntly (and maybe I'm just overtired), but I wish Ashes Cricket 13 would just f@%k off and stop ruining our fun on us.

If it wasn't for them we would actually have a cricket game in our hands about now (or soonish)

I would think that's the reason for Ross thinking of releasing near the ashes series as people would be expecting a cricket game around the time and people going to stores looking for a cricket game knowing about the other game would also have a chance to see this game at the time they expect the other game to release..This would matter for them in regards to sales and popularity of the game....:cheers

I am just expressing my views but I really do not know how Australian markets work...:)

I hate to put it so bluntly (and maybe I'm just overtired), but I wish Ashes Cricket 13 would just f@%k off and stop ruining our fun on us.

If it wasn't for them we would actually have a cricket game in our hands about now (or soonish)

There has not been a day since I have not felt that since after their release delay!!!

The key is that those are mutually exclusive if Ashes releases. So blow them out of the water by releasing at exactly the perfect time for their game if they could have gotten it to market.

which to my mind is the one thing we have a guarantee of NOT happening, since that would be by 7th Nov.

Ross mentioned in a previous post (not sure of the thread) that the peak time is before the event - i think he mentioned the Olympics as an example. At most they will have a week before the event... and again, it might be unlikely but imagine Aus lose by an innings in the first test, interest in their most profitable market folds...

i appreciate i am making it appear more black and white than the reality, but i think for whatever reason ross is seeing more shades of grey than there really are... because the internal logic of some of his posts is contradictory too.

Bottom line, you've got a great product, you know interest is gonna peak around the 21st (unless we have a 2005 type series on our hands) so why give yourself such a small window to capitalise on that? Or put yourself in the position of releasing AFTER the peak? it makes no sense whatsoever.

Fun fact - the last cricket game that came out for an Australian Ashes Series came out on the 24th of November.

(EA's Cricket 07 for those of you playing at home)

I understand it is natural for you blokes to crap on about the release date and such

But lets not digress at whats just happened

All our gameplay questions will be answered in 3 weeks time

I will be there, at swanstin street on thurs the 7th!! What time are we starting this event ross, i will be there 15minutes earlier keen as to start a career, or at least watch someone from big ant go through the early proceedings of a career, whatever is on offer!!!

And to put things back in perspective, we know its coming after November 7th and before December 31st. Given how long we've waited, a couple of weeks isn't going to make a massive difference.

Totally understand a lot of this conversation is about what is the best commercial decision for Big Ant, but can't help but feel some of the discussion is somewhat fuelled by just wanting to play the game ASAP.

And to put things back in perspective, we know its coming after November 7th and before December 31st. Given how long we've waited, a couple of weeks isn't going to make a massive difference.

Totally understand a lot of this conversation is about what is the best commercial decision for Big Ant, but can't help but feel some of the discussion is somewhat fuelled by just wanting to play the game ASAP.

well, i make no secret of the fact of being very impatient to play, but i also want this to succeed, i am keen to understand as much of the strategy as Ross is able/willing to reveal (i am always keen to learn anything, literally anything), and finally, realise goodwill is finite and don't want it squandered

----------

Fun fact - the last cricket game that came out for an Australian Ashes Series came out on the 24th of November.

(EA's Cricket 07 for those of you playing at home)

first test started on 23rd that year...

how many copies I have to buy if I want @ wholesale rate? 1 box (20 copies per box right)? or more? if someone knows about this, please PM me a reliable authorized distributors/wholesalers details etc.

I'm asking this not only for DBC 14 game, other games too. I have this idea to open a web-store or go eBay (games only).

thanks

I second this. Of course there are valid points of discussion too, but the desperation in some other posts is evident also.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread