Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Can understand/get on board with that. Still can't claim to fully understand the excitement of people not in Melbourne, but can see they're not as pointless as I thought :)

This guy doesn't get it, even a little bit.

lol.
i guess we're looking at different things.yes you wouldn't get those in depth details for sure with in five minutes and they are imp.but you'll know just how the game feels,how batting has been implemented and basically the feel.
i was disappointed with ashes 09 with in the first 5 minutes.you won't get much out of it but it's better than nothing.
you won't know if it is brilliant or not,but you'll definitely know if it sucks or not.which is part of the aim for the general public .for us pc guys we'll rely on matt's visit if he gets a long time on the game.

They're great if you can get along, utterly irrelevant if you can't. Usually a good way to spread the word about the game among the hardcore and casual passers by alike. Ideally Matt would be getting a bit more hands-on time than just the open-day play session, which would benefit us a little more than the public one...

Any idea about the amount of hours the play session will be??:)

Ok. Can understand/get on board with that. Still can't claim to fully understand the excitement of people not in Melbourne, but can see they're not as pointless as I thought :)

I would guess the people that won't be able to go will be hoping someone that can go will post some pics/vids of the game being played. That's about the best us non Aussies can hope for.
I've been to many "play tests". Game stores have "shut ins" on many occasions. It's a very popular thing, but it won't happen in the uk for a cricket game.
All major game selling stores in the uk will have the following advertisements in their stores this November...........battlefield 4, ghosts, watchdogs, dead rising 3 and those little things called next gen consoles. Don bradman 14 will not get so much as a small poster in the storeroom. It's sad, but it's true. I'm not going to question the sales strategy of big ant, but November couldn't be a worse month to release. Sure people will say cricket fans will buy it, and they will. But as far as everyone else goes, it's going to be displayed somewhere between fifa 08 and the 99p bin, so there's no way it will catch their attention.

Last edited:

What's not to be excited about. Yes, most of us won't get our hands on it. But the people who will, they will literally have whole game on hand since they are displaying the whole product and not just a demo

Lot of videos and details will come out along with videos. And I am pretty sure Matt will get his review copy before the game releases so we will have a true honest opinion.

I have been to couple of these and if you are smart enough one can get a lot of details out in the 10-15 min of hands on game time. Not everything but still lot more then we have experienced so far

So many people in this thread are being cry babies. Do this instead of that. Remember guys, Big Ant have been very professional and have put out few games before DBC 14. So they do know exactly what they are doing. Have some trust. If it was Trickster's I wouldn't even look at this thread

I went to the AFL live tests (2 actually).

What it does is allows people from the public to say "yes this game is actually something good".

with the AFL test i played for about 10-15 minutes and absolutely loved it. told everyone i knew about it...

It's really good for positive feedback. it could backfire if the game is too hard to pick up but i'd say Ross and CO would set the difficulty up so that's not as much of a problem.

Unfortunately i'll be on a ship during this play test so won't be able to go. hopefully game is released by end of nov when i get back.

At last something to cheer about :cheers. The thread had become a little dull over the last month and for me personally this is the best news in over a month :)
Can't wait for fellow PC members to share their experiences at the play sessions.

Come play Don Bradman Cricket 14 with MikeM, Ross, HBK, and a host of other Big Ant Studios staff who will also be there to catch up for a chat
Recording devices welcome :)

Many guys in Bigants official fb page is thinking that WWE'e HBK is coming for the launch :lol

:facepalm

Before you reply anything else its a good idea to read this:

Easily in the top 5 most discussed topics here...

1. Release date
2. Cake
3. Chris gayle
4. Friday
5. Sachin tendulkar

Honorable mentions : ashes 2013 and gazi.

well i'm so into this thread ,when the release date actually gets announced and this is closed i'll have withdrawal symptoms

Still can't claim to fully understand the excitement of people not in Melbourne, but can see they're not as pointless as I thought :)

For me personally, I wouldn't give a lot of thought to negative feedback as the player doesn't get enough time to get a sense of what's happening around and/or the correct way of doing things.

What I'm excited about is the amount of footage that we will get to see after the session is over. Also, I hope we do get to see the whole of Big Ant team together/single shots.

Wait, will big ant host a live streaming video? That would be awesome.

Or maybe matt can do it? If he has the necessary equipments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread