Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross, I am heading down to Melbourne this week on a business trip. Mind if I pop in to BigAnt Studios and say hi?

I am speaking at Game Connect Asia Pacific and then heading to Redmond for Xbox One stuff this coming week so it will depend on when you are around as I might not be.

Maybe PM me and we will see what we can do (this sort of thing is better in PM).

Edit: I should add, I wont be able to show you the game :)

Ross and the Big Ant team have used Sachin's Retirennt as a very good strategy for selling. In all likelihood the game will release during Tendulkar's last match, as the entire world would be following the game and it would be a cricket crazy environment everywhere. Keeping that in mind they have scheduled the playsessions about 2 weeks prior to the release. Very intelligent thinking panel they have, I must say. :)

I imagine it had close to, if not zero impact on their strategy. Zero. Not everyone cares about Sachin as much as India does.

maybe Chief or Ross could give us their thoughts on first mover advantage?

I prefer only mover advantage myself :)

There is a lot to this and maybe 10% has been raised on here. There are so many intricacies, for example, if commercial "buyers" at retail haven't seen something this week or next then your product will not be seen before Christmas. I am not trying to be difficult but it's just not that easy when there are so many levels between development and retail. We have made significant investments that cannot just be rolled on a dice, the long term viability is what it is all about.

I am speaking at Game Connect Asia Pacific and then heading to Redmond for Xbox One stuff this coming week so it will depend on when you are around as I might not be.

Maybe PM me and we will see what we can do (this sort of thing is better in PM).

Edit: I should add, I wont be able to show you the game :)

Sounds good. I will send a PM. Oh yes, I wasn't aiming for a sneaky look at the game. I've waited many years, I can wait a few more weeks :)

We will all see it in 3 weeks so let's look on the bright side, release date well good luck again ross as I hope everything goes well. PS November release.:rolleyes

I also hope he doesn't mind me adding that I am sure that confidentiality agreements, written or in spirit, apply and it is not reasonable to ask him questions about Ashes on anything that is not public domain, he likely has no ability to reply.

Legality aside, out of professional courtesy I would never talk about things gone by unless they were in the public domain already. I've kept this stance from the beginning. It wouldn't be right.

As I've said, I went from Codemasters to another company that (thorough subsidiaries) had substantial interest in Cricket and I wouldn't share anything with them either. It wouldn't be cool.

@chief That is what I meant by spirit

@chief That is what I meant by spirit

@ross I know. Just wanted to double stamp it. You know. For everyone. :yes

----------

Smart ass chief, still a cool man I see chief. :D
PS Chief maybe you should make a cricket game and start your own company, already got a name for you dude.

Chief Enterprises.:eek:

All being well, you'll hear from me again at some point about a fresh Cricket "game". But it will be a long, long way away from what's gone before.

It'll need a new thread. And, in fact, an entirely new PC category. ;)

@ross I know. Just wanted to double stamp it. You know. For everyone. :yes

----------

All being well, you'll hear from me again at some point about a fresh Cricket "game". But it will be a long, long way away from what's gone before.

It'll need a new thread. And, in fact, an entirely new PC category. ;)

when is it releasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread