Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so, we are the customer we're obviously going to ask questions

Nothing against you, mate. :D

But, there is a difference between asking questions & 'being repetitive(bugging kinda)' with questions. Understand that latter is coming from the impatience of having to wait, but repeating around the same fact wouldn't help ourselves & anyone. :) We all know that game would be out in 2013, & we just had to wait for the official announcement which is definitely the strategy of sellers. Buyers, by no means can demand/questions on the milestone dates from the publishing companies. That is driven by their own sweet way!

Not really, I don't understand what it is do questions have to be asked in such a manner or if not they are deemed rude/offensive?

Really struggling to decipher what the above is actually supposed to read as.

So you don't see the difference between...

"Hey Ross, it'd be good to know what your thinking behind xyz was if you're able to share?"

"Why is xyz like this? Why can't you just tell us?" (and the question gets repeated after it has already been answered)

Nothing against you, mate. :D

But, there is a difference between asking questions & 'being repetitive(bugging kinda)' with questions. Understand that latter is coming from the impatience of having to wait, but repeating around the same fact wouldn't help ourselves & anyone. :) We all know that game would be out in 2013, & we just had to wait for the official announcement which is definitely the strategy of sellers. Buyers, by no means can demand/questions on the milestone dates from the publishing companies. That is driven by their own sweet way!

the person I'm speaking about wasn't asking about release dates :)

Really struggling to decipher what the above is actually supposed to read as.

So you don't see the difference between...

"Hey Ross, it'd be good to know what your thinking behind xyz was if you're able to share?"

"Why is xyz like this? Why can't you just tell us?" (and the question gets repeated after it has already been answered)

Yeah I'd agree if he was actually speaking like that or even said that, he asked a simple question and even stated he just wanted a discussion on release strategy but then was ripped into by the tight circle of chums, just makes me laugh how blocker is pretty much asking the same thing and how you've tried to paint him out as a total dribbler when in reality he was a nice guy.

The nice guy kept asking the same questions despite them either being answered by Ross or being told the information he wanted couldn't be shared. We both know remembering what posts actually said isn't your strong suit so lets just leave it there.

@israr I think there is already minutes of videos already, and more will come from the playsession for sure.?

+1

I think it's unfair to crib about not getting enough videos. Haven we already got more pre-release videos than any other cricket game in the past? And on top of that there is a trailer and play session that is yet to come.

I sometimes feel we take Ross for granted (am myself guilty of it at times) just because he answers to our post on this forum. He can easily vanish from these forums and choose to remain distant if he wanted to.

The nice guy kept asking the same questions despite them either being answered by Ross or being told the information he wanted couldn't be shared. We both know remembering what posts actually said isn't your strong suit so lets just leave it there.

and blockerdave is asking the same question despite them being answered by ross or being told the info can't be shared...but you are correct lets leave it at that :thumbs

How does it generally work when playsessions are organised. Is there usually a lag between playsessions and the actual release date? Are we expecting another month after the playsessions or will the release date be known at the time of the playsessions so that potential customers will know when the game will be available.

+1

I think it's unfair to crib about not getting enough videos. Haven we already got more pre-release videos than any other cricket game in the past? And on top of that there is a trailer and play session that is yet to come.

I sometimes feel we take Ross for granted (am myself guilty of it at times) just because he answers to our post on this forum. He can easily vanish from these forums and choose to remain distant if he wanted to.

@angy and @ross...

I misinterpreted a post by ross in the official forum.what he meant was there are already lots of videos and what i thought he meant was a lot of videos are just around the corner. My bad again.

Having said so, me and almost everyone else (hopefully) would like to watch more videos like the bars video. Not because ross hasnt showed us enough, but just because we are very greedy :p

----------

How does it generally work when playsessions are organised. Is there usually a lag between playsessions and the actual release date? Are we expecting another month after the playsessions or will the release date be known at the time of the playsessions so that potential customers will know when the game will be available.

Very likely we will know the release date by then, as the retailer hosting the play session would like to have pre orders on the store for all the excited gamers.

As far as I know we're the first developer down here to do them in public with dev staff attending, of course I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's the case, so there is not "normal".

----------

The time of the playsession has been set:

12 - 4pm 7 November 2013 @ EB Swanston Street Melbourne 3000

but DBC won;t be released at least until the 8th Nov, if the play session on 7th is the "premiere". more likely it would be 14th to fit in with Aus release. so at the absolute best, it gets 1 week of sales. (If AC13 releases after 21st, but still in Nov, they have 2 weeks. If it doesn't release in Nov I assume it won't release.)

i cannot for the life of me understand that... first mover advantage is huge, especially if you expect your competitor to low ball you on price, you HAVE to get out before them and establish yourself as the quality product (this is not video game specific, it's basic commerce).

to me, DBC should be releasing end of Oct/early Nov. The cricket season is in Aus, the Eng team si in Aus and playing tour matches, the buzz is starting. When the buzz reaches it's max in the lead up to the 1st test, your product is on the shelf and established.

It was mentioned a bit ago that Cricket still is not in the big picture in Australia at the moment. Not that I'm reading the papers or watching the news much, but everything is still pretty quite allowing people to get over the footy. We had Bathurst last weekend which probably is the most major Australian sporting event between NRL ending and Ashes starting (unless the Indy 600 at the Gold Coast, QLD counts for much? It is on during the 25-27th October). The hype will start building only in the few weeks before the first test. Any promotions/release now or before the 7th would mostly be wasted.

It was mentioned a bit ago that Cricket still is not in the big picture in Australia at the moment. Not that I'm reading the papers or watching the news much, but everything is still pretty quite allowing people to get over the footy. We had Bathurst last weekend which probably is the most major Australian sporting event between NRL ending and Ashes starting (unless the Indy 600 at the Gold Coast, QLD counts for much? It is on during the 25-27th October). The hype will start building only in the few weeks before the first test. Any promotions/release now or before the 7th would mostly be wasted.

And the Melbourne Cup on the 5th. The horses will dominate sports coverage for a week or two.

The Australian squad is typically announced a week or so before the test (so speculation regarding the squad will ramp up around then).

There's spring carnival on the way too - that's why we are holding the Premiere two days *after* the Melbourne Cup.

roll around nov. 7th and eventual release I say....I'll need to be surgically removed from in front of my ps3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread