Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i'm sure you don't have to be smart to think of this, but a suggestion to cash in on the retirement. And who stopped them from their strategies. Isn't this a forum for discussions & suggestions?:)

Before you reply anything else its a good idea to read this:

For "personalities" sometimes you just know someone, or someone that knows someone and it works out directly and they tell their agent to just do the deal. Mostly though there are agents involved from the start and it all goes through them. I have family that know Sachin, still had to go through management though and it didn't work out!

that gives them 3 maybe 4 weeks of sales before Ashes comes in and stinks up the place

if AC13 releases, surely it has to release on or before 21st Nov, the date of the first test. any later and it will just be ridiculous.

but DBC won;t be released at least until the 8th Nov, if the play session on 7th is the "premiere". more likely it would be 14th to fit in with Aus release. so at the absolute best, it gets 1 week of sales. (If AC13 releases after 21st, but still in Nov, they have 2 weeks. If it doesn't release in Nov I assume it won't release.)

i cannot for the life of me understand that... first mover advantage is huge, especially if you expect your competitor to low ball you on price, you HAVE to get out before them and establish yourself as the quality product (this is not video game specific, it's basic commerce).

to me, DBC should be releasing end of Oct/early Nov. The cricket season is in Aus, the Eng team si in Aus and playing tour matches, the buzz is starting. When the buzz reaches it's max in the lead up to the 1st test, your product is on the shelf and established.

Also, Aus is considered the most profitable market... I imagine the buzz will be big there leading up... but what if they get spanked in the first test, buzz declines, interest in a cricket game declines and you got what - 1 or 2 weeks of peak interest in your most profitable market?

just seems strange to me. I know I am not party to all information, but I get the impression it's almost been "over thought".

It is. Just not terrible suggestions or ones that have been discussed, debunked and drawn-out...

Biggs, first of all not all have the time to read through all the discussion topics. So we're not aware that we have smart Snowy Casanovas who've already given 'great' suggestions.

And Secondly, If you don't like a suggestion just read it & comment of you have anything worthwhile to say..

Can't make it down here?

I am on a short holiday from the 4th to the 8th of November so I would love to say yes but I have my parents coming up to cairns to see me.:facepalm
PS Ross any change of cairns, I would go for sure.:clap

you could swap out every other player in the game for all the tendulkars on the CA server and still have several spare.

i am sure at least one person will do that..

And yet atleast 90% of those tendulkars would look exactly like the (fake) players that we swapped him with in the first place :D!

Ding ding ding.....in the red corner......

Hmmm...second thoughts, seeing Biggs in a boxing robe would not be pretty!

I was thinking the other day when I was in CA, Biggs looks a lot like Daniel Vettori from his created CA model. Hello is that you Daniel Biggs Vettori.:spy

----------

Ross I know you must love release date questions so just a little one, will we find out the date before the play-sessions happen.:D

Also since the playsessions have been announced, is MattW's visit to BigAnt's office still a GO?

Now...it's getting hot !! we have got the world premiere date... most probably ross is going to announce the release date after the play session.. they might be looking forward to release it before 21st november... i would love to see the full trailer after the announcement..Rll2's trailer was awesome..i think dbc 14's will be much more superior :D ... thanks ross :thumbs

It's the most complex of game releases that I have been involved with.

The most concerning factor is the continued price drop of the competition, it kills the market for all of us, like burning your own crop to starve an enemy.... It reminds me of line from "ruthless people" where Midler says she's been kidnapped by KMart because the kidnappers keep lowering the price....

Isn't that all the more reason to get the game out as long before them as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread