Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the initial "set release" of 21st June,,,,the pushed back date is likely to be 21st November as well, as they targeting the start of the Ashes tournament,,,,so even with MikeF being quiet, they can just come and drop the game on the 21st, because after that its pointless. So Ross should just counter that date, whether AC13 will release or not.

14 Nov, would mean 8-9 days before the coin toss, and the good gospel would've spread about how BEST DBC14 is .

I would suggest that Ross' quoted post there is sarcastic in response to Barmy's post.

Because it would disadvantage them to try and 'avoid' an Ashes game that probably won't release and certainly will suck, they are basically now on the path of releasing to their own schedule for when it would be ideal to release a game.

By staking their claim on mid-November before 505 could, they have flipped the question - it's not whether Big Ant want to avoid Ashes, it's whether Ashes will try and avoid Big Ant.

Not that 505 have much of an influence on that - it's all up to whether Trickstar can deliver a game that can be approved.

Both games releasing in the same window would make every review a comparison, and even a cat could figure out which one is a more thorough simulation of the sport.

it's always difficult with reading of course, i didn't take it as sarcastic. there was other stuff too in the quote, about if he knew when that would drop he could say when DBC would drop.

if it was sarcastic, of course, that would change a lot, and invalidate a lot of what i said and my assumptions. i don't think it was.

i don't think ashes will release, but if they do, they will have to release before 21st Nov.

the only thing we know about DBC is it won't release before 7th. if they think there is any chance of AC13 releasing, they won't release in Nov.

if they think there is any chance of AC13 releasing, they won't release in Nov.
Totally disagree - there is no time after a pre-first-test AC13 release for the market to be 'ready' for a new game. They are going to either crash head on or Ashes won't release (or release in January), there's no shortly after AC13 in early December in my mind. That would be insane.

There's no reason for Big Ant to be the one to blink.

I make the secondary assumption that EB won't be having dev-kits or modified consoles for the play session, so retail discs would need to exist at that point. If they exist, then the release would be a matter of distribution.

How? They are going to release in the exact same month that is the most recent 'promise' from the guy who hangs in there.

They are glaring, not blinking.

How? They are going to release in the exact same month that is the most recent 'promise' from the guy who hangs in there.

They are glaring, not blinking.

are they? i hope they will, and up until the last couple of days that's what i thought too. but right now i am less sure. i am perfectly happy to acknowledge i may have missed sarcasm, or read too much into certain comments, and i may be wrong. i'd be happy to be wrong, I am DESPERATE to play this game.

today, if i were a betting man, i wouldn't be betting on a Nov release.

mind you, as my ladbrokes account shows, it's a LONG time since i had a winner.

For a company that regularly releases games with less than a month between the announcement and availability, I cannot see the play session being a month out from release.

That's one of the reasons I can't see it being December.

^ Yep, I put my money on a November release too. I'd be very surprised if it did stretch till December.

There's absolutely no way the company that has a game as good as this one is wanting to "avoid" a game that nobody has seen, heard or smelled in 3 months and keeps missing deadlines. Ross' doesn't strike me as the kinda guy who's up for playing chicken with an inferior product. What we know for certain is; DBC Will be out before 2014 is over. Fact. Whatever is happening across the road at Trickstar has been so volatile and unreliable, Ross' would have to be having a nightly s?ance to figure out their sh#t... I honestly don't see him factoring their "maybe date" into any of their plans. It's just the game-face he's had on from the beginning because he's been 'in the loop' on whats going on there and been our only source of reliable info on that game since about June.

There's absolutely no way the company that has a game as good as this one is wanting to "avoid" a game that nobody has seen, heard or smelled in 3 months and keeps missing deadlines. Ross' doesn't strike me as the kinda guy who's up for playing chicken with an inferior product. What we know for certain is; DBC Will be out before 20142013 is over. Fact. Whatever is happening across the road at Trickstar has been so volatile and unreliable, Ross' would have to be having a nightly s?ance to figure out their sh#t... I honestly don't see him factoring their "maybe date" into any of their plans. It's just the game-face he's had on from the beginning because he's been 'in the loop' on whats going on there and been our only source of reliable info on that game since about June.
The only and ONLY reason for DBC to avoid other game is that some many people might get carried away with the licensed product.
Some correction there BTW.;)

Last edited:
There's no reason for Big Ant to be the one to blink.

There might be. If AC13 can't win on being the better game and release date they can win on price. If they launch ASAP prior or near to DBC14 at a $20 price point they effectively undercut the competition and assuredly gain sales they definitely get sales when they wouldn't have. It is what 2K did to EA when they made NFL games, and it hurt EA.

Also, is the average consumer really going to know the better product, we will, they won't. The price point will boost Christmas/Holiday sales for AC13 if they release soon.

DBC Will be out before 2014 is over. Fact.

Agree with that bit ;).

On a serious note, I took Ross' "killing the market for all of us", "avoid their $20 game" statements at face value... all my other assumptions, right or wrong, stem from that.

Last edited:
I meant 2013, it's late here and I'm still jetlagged. Storm in a teacup, Blocker.

Although i will be surprised if the game does not release in november, i do agree with blocker about the game getting pushed for a december release now.

Had the same feeling blocker had while reading ross's recent posts. Ross seems quite conflicted himself about setting an actual date and it shows in his posts a little. I understand bigant has released games before under a month after announcing it. But this is a different issue as ross does not seem even sure about when to release the game. And even if he decides the date today at someimes during mid november....it seem implausible for big ant and trublu to gear up suddenly like this with a month to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread