Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Release date(s) Thursday 7 Novenber
is this the final release date of DBC 14???

No it is the date of the play session, the release date is yet unknown.

However my educated guess would be around the end of November/start of December allowing 1 or 2 weeks after the play session to announce the date and two weeks after that the actual release.

How long before the release date will Amazon UK have pre-order available? If it all?

That'd be really nice, would love to have this game on steam. Would also be cool if down the line they had a micropayment type system of some sort but maybe not

However my educated guess would be around the end of November/start of December allowing 1 or 2 weeks after the play session to announce the date and two weeks after that the actual release.

I find it hard to believe that they would actually allow the people attending the play-session to reveal it all (be it gameplay details, controls, videos) before they do it officially. My guess would be on a release date/trailer reveal possibly next week, but most definitely before the 7th of November.

I find it hard to believe that they would actually allow the people attending the play-session to reveal it all (be it gameplay details, controls, videos) before they do it officially. My guess would be on a release date/trailer reveal possibly next week, but most definitely before the 7th of November.

Ross and co. have already stated that recording devices like smartphones are welcome.

That'd be really nice, would love to have this game on steam. Would also be cool if down the line they had a micropayment type system of some sort but maybe not

Out of morbid curiosity...why do you think that would be cool?

The general consensus of the mass gaming community is that micro-transactions are killing the integrity of the industry.

Last edited:
^ I somewhat agree. Microtransctions seem fair in FTP games. I'm curious too how it would be something that people would be looking forward to wrt DBC14.

The general consensus of the mass gaming community is that micro-transactions are killing the integrity of the industry.

WOAH! Citation required? :-)

I'd even contest that there is no such a thing as the "mass gaming community"... In the same way that I wouldn't consider there to be a TV or Movie "community".

Why do you think micropayments is "cool". I find it a turn-off and quit any game or app which tries to dime & nickel me. If you are in a charitable mood you can write Ross a check but I for one wouldn't want to see a game where popup comes up "To upgrade your bat to Grey Nicolls Viper, pay $.99". When I pay for a game, especially on consoles, I expect the game to be fully functional and complete. I can understand patches or DLC in some cases, but micropayments is a big no no in my book.

Ross and co. have already stated that recording devices like smartphones are welcome.

I think Pat is referring to the initial gameplay videos of the game coming via playsession event where most videos will be uploaded by the fans and not the publisher. You don't want the first few videos of a new game come from gamers - think about the AC13 vine video fiasco for a moment. There should be an official video coming out from the official channel (via publisher & developer) before the playsession as I don't think Tru Blu & Big Ant want to risk a DBC 14 vine moment.

I think Pat is referring to the initial gameplay videos of the game coming via playsession event where most videos will be uploaded by the fans and not the publisher. You don't want the first few videos of a new game come from gamers - think about the AC13 vine video fiasco for a moment. There should be an official video coming out from the official channel (via publisher & developer) before the playsession as I don't think Tru Blu & Big Ant want to risk a DBC 14 vine moment.

Yep, exactly my point.

Are there genuinely people clamouring for games to not include content out of the box in return for selling it piece by piece to us later, especially after paying full price for the game?

Does anyone want to go online to play against people who have paid for skill/equipment upgrades that make them better than you without playing better?

I've brought it up a few times - I was really looking forward to the new Sim City, it's always been a favourite game of mine - but EA have managed to combine almost every reason for me to not support their business model into one game.

There is a very tiny portion of users who benefit from an ability to buy your way better - but whenever you add that kind of component into a game, there's automatically an incentive to make it very hard to earn your way to that point through normal gameplay.

That's not a model that's consumer friendly.

I'd even contest that there is no such a thing as the "mass gaming community"... In the same way that I wouldn't consider there to be a TV or Movie "community".

Sorry, should have said mass/major gaming online communities (e.g Reddit gaming subs, many of the major review site forums)

The attitudes towards micro transactions don't necessarily equate to behaviour however.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread