Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the lack of trailer before play sessions is due to release not necessarily being as imminent as some might assume. The play sessions will at best kick the launch off...

Plus, it's possible maybe that with such an innovative control system (as ross said, forget everything you know about cricket games), and this being in their opinion the best cricket game yet by a distance, they would use people's reactions to actually playing it as part of any trailer... (e.g. "wow, i thought these controls would be hard, but they're as easy to pick up as a Queenslander's sister"... "when i hit that four playing as the don, my knees went so weak you coulda knocked me over with a galah's fart"... Etc. etc.)

----------

We got the first real footage months ago.

Yes and no... We've seen some quality footage, but (correct me if i'm wrong) most if not all of what we have seen has understandably been "set up", rather than on the fly game footage, which i think is what Punk was driving at. Though to be fair, we wouldn't see on the fly game footage in a trailer, either, so it would hardly change that!

True...hard to tell what he is driving with most of his posts anyway.

I would also tend to think that the 'lack' of a trailer would be because Australia still isn't in cricket mode. After the Melbourne Cup today, the focus will significantly shift towards the cricket. This could be (pure guess) the shift that Big Ant is waiting on before really getting their teeth in to the promotional stuff.

Last edited:
When we produced AFL we fought against the poor reputation of previous AFL games which we needed to turn around, that stigma followed throughout our development until we showed people the game at playsessions. AFL Live is the best selling AFL game to date and arguably the best AFL game produced thus far.

The Don Bradman Cricket 14 playsession has really one goal, to continue the open dialog with fans and thus allow them to see that the game is real and playable. Whatever is captured will be warts and all, it will be real, you will know what you are buying before you put out your hard earned.

Trailers are theatrical pieces of work designed to sell games, while ours is captured entirely in-game and is not touched up, the cameras are changed significantly. I understand the want to see it but the fact is today is the Melbourne Cup holiday and it is still Spring Carnival, no one here in Australia is talking about Cricket, yet.

the game is real and playable.

Citation required :p

...would be strange if the first real footage we see is from a phone

Yeah, totally... even stranger would be the first audio of the commentary would be sourced through a tiny-mic on an iPhone...

We got the first real footage months ago.

The "real" footage has almost always been a debug-mode type presentation, setting up a scenario to give us an example of how it works in-game, which is how 99% of companies present their product anyway. Even in "level demos" or "walkthroughs" in other titles, it's always a scripted scenario for things to happen rather than a proper-in-game play through. In almost ALL promotional material, the developers want you to see the game in the best light possible, not (using a cricket example) a player 5 down for 2 runs in a 50 over match. The "real" stuff is always going to be a numpty playing it in-store...

Last edited:
Well i am keeping my hopes up to see a trailer sometimes this week.

I would be shocked if it wasn't announced during Q&A's at the play session. Seems to be the perfect opportunity, captive audience, in-store for pre-orders... But I could be wrong.

I'm expecting that too. If they don't, we will all have to wait until the end of time for it to be released. Well, at least we aren't waiting for Ashes Cricket 2013.

Anyone else just happy we're going to see more of the game?

Sure seeing all the specific details and nuances would be nice, but just seeing the core gameplay - a few wickets, a few boundaries, some nice manual fielding - is exciting itself.

Anyone else just happy we're going to see more of the game?

Sure seeing all the specific details and nuances would be nice, but just seeing the core gameplay - a few wickets, a few boundaries, some nice manual fielding - is exciting itself.

In all seriousness, how much of the game will we see? How long will they get on the game? Will they be able to do aything or will it be scrolling through menus and trying to add their player through CA.

Especially it will be people who have never played before - surely expectations of boundaries/wicket (unless by AI) and especially manual fielding should be kept in check? Given the radically different controls, i mean.

a trailer and gameplay videos from the company itself is what i'm more interested in than the footage from the play sessions.they should be releasing a few after the play session.waiting for some reactions from them though about the feel ,mostly from matt.

Might be worth me pointing out for the people who will immediately want to see absolutely everything - I'm an hour and a half away from the EB Games store this is happening in, and then there'd still be time after that to organise and upload any video/audio I record.

I will put the controller map up tomorrow so you can have a look prior to play.

Will there be a San Jose play session? I previously requested a Geneva one but my current location makes San Jose easier.

At a pinch, I would accept San Francisco, but it would be a bit annoying.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread