Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many copies will you need to sell to make this game a financial success?

Forgive me as I have no idea how many copies a game needs to sell to make some paper.!!
While the specifics are probably confidential, articles like this put it at ~?3 per copy sold. Big Ant's investment in this game is upwards of $2 Million, so ~400,000 copies at least to break even? The actual share back from the publisher might be higher with Big Ant making the game with their own money - but equally they could have spent far more money on it.

Ross has said in the past that they probably won't break even on this edition of the game, but it would establish the Don Bradman Cricket brand and then the utilisation of what they've already made would make it easier to start profiting on the next edition.

I really want this game to be a success and to have future editions. I will buy 2 copies.

Guess what the whole family is getting for Christmas....

While the specifics are probably confidential, articles like this put it at ~?3 per copy sold. Big Ant's investment in this game is upwards of $2 Million, so ~400,000 copies at least to break even? The actual share back from the publisher might be higher with Big Ant making the game with their own money - but equally they could have spent far more money on it.

Ross has said in the past that they probably won't break even on this edition of the game, but it would establish the Don Bradman Cricket brand and then the utilisation of what they've already made would make it easier to start profiting on the next edition.

On VGChartz, whilst I remember from a while back on the forum is not being particularly reliable, still states that Ashes Cricket 2009 sold over 500,000 copies. As this has a big brand and better features, surely this could eclipse AC09?

Last edited:
I really want this game to be a success and to have future editions. I will buy 2 copies.

Guess what the whole family is getting for Christmas....

I really want that too hey! so I'll buy a PS3 copy and PC copy for the Mods, as both PS3 and PC are connected to one TV, will just need a PC controller

On VGChartz, whilst I remember from a while back on the forum is not being particularly reliable, still states that Ashes Cricket 2009 sold over 500,000 copies. As this has a big brand and better features, surely this could eclipse AC09?

VGChartz is one of the most unreliable sources of sales data available.

Our Sprint Cars game with them is out by 10000% - they pretty much guess the sales based on leaderboards.

Ashes 2009 also came out with no competitor in the market, which would have helped even if those figures are accurate.

That's why, despite how annoying it is for us as consumers, all the speculation about what's happening with AC2013 matters. If DBC14 can't get a good start because of it, it hurts them long term, while for 505 Games, it would be a positive for their long term profitability (despite them making huge losses selling AC13 so cheaply) to hurt a competitor.

Ross: Can we have a countdown for the announcement of the release date??? Knowing the day of announcement will make us wait till that date to avoid another set of Release date related questions...:yes

Ross: Can we have a countdown for the announcement of the release date??? Knowing the day of announcement will make us wait till that date to avoid another set of Release date related questions...
To which the obvious question would be, if you know the date you will announce the release date, why not just announce the release date?

There's absolutely nothing that Big Ant can do to avoid release date questions - even releasing the game wouldn't stop them.

As soon as the game is released there are going to be posts asking when the next game is coming out

To which the obvious question would be, if you know the date you will announce the release date, why not just announce the release date?

There's absolutely nothing that Big Ant can do to avoid release date questions - even releasing the game wouldn't stop them.

Yeah I agree ...:cheers

Last edited:
How long have we all been patient regarding the release date on both Big ant and 505 games...this is going on to long...please release the date. We as your fans really have been patient long enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread