Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think ross said the game would release before october. If it gets delayed i probably wont buy it as soon as it comes out because i have exams next summer :(

Yes you will just like most of the folks on PC.net. By the way wouldn't Christmas/new year holidays come before the summer and exams?

DBC 14 is coming on 31-12-2013
Ashes 2013 20-09-2013

Pls pm me this week's winning lotto ticket no.

Yes you will just like most of the folks on PC.net. By the way wouldn't Christmas/new year holidays come before the summer and exams?

If the game comes out in about december, by the time exams come, i will still be seriously into it, I don't want it interfering with exams, so instead I will try to get it as soon as my exams finish

i think trickstar is playing smart here..at this stage,anyone including me will buy any decent cricket game which releases first because there is no new cricket title since ic2010 no matter if its good or bad..and since ac13 cant be better than dbc14 they know after dbc14 releases nobody will buy their game..they wanted to release game well before before dbc14 but because it fail to complete on time they delayed it but then played it smart by announcing so called very unlikely ''many more new features like dbc14'' so that they can delay release date of competitor dbc14 indirectly and release it before big ant to increase their sell ..:yes

There's no chance AC13 will be out first.

Ross said a while back that part of the reason for originally saying before October was to give enough time after AC13 to have the market ready for a cricket game - Ashes can't release before November (and probably late November), so to keep the promised '2013' date, there's not enough room after AC13 releases to give that same breathing room to market a different game.

I don't think 505 have the same market position to announce a release date close to release - Big Ant could probably organise the launch and release the game with weeks to spare after 505 announce when the game would be out.

I have a feeling basically Big Ant will hold off to start to see if there's any obvious hidden features in AC13 and then start a two-three week marketing campaign before release.

You've basically just described this thread.

Ross said a while back that part of the reason for originally saying before October was to give enough time after AC13 to have the market ready for a cricket game - Ashes can't release before November (and probably late November), so to keep the promised '2013' date, there's not enough room after AC13 releases to give that same breathing room to market a different game.

I don't think 505 have the same market position to announce a release date close to release - Big Ant could probably organise the launch and release the game with weeks to spare after 505 announce when the game would be out.

I have a feeling basically Big Ant will hold off to start to see if there's any obvious hidden features in AC13 and then start a two-three week marketing campaign before release.

Fair enough. People who keep on asking/pestering about why the delay in announcement should be forwarded to this post. We gotta consider/understand Ross's side of thinking/strategy too.

Good post it puts a lot of questions to rest. But I have one question that I can't seem to understand and no one has answered yet (not that they have to) but you say BA are holding of to see if there is some obvious hidden feature in AC13, now lets say there is what will BA do about it? Like at this stage why does it matter it's not like BA can modify their game or something if AC13 has the same features there's nothing they can do...that's what I don't get about them holding out to see what they have

I understand why they don't want to announce the release date, but why arn't there any UK places letting you pre-order

Good post it puts a lot of questions to rest. But I have one question that I can't seem to understand and no one has answered yet (not that they have to) but you say BA are holding of to see if there is some obvious hidden feature in AC13, now lets say there is what will BA do about it? Like at this stage why does it matter it's not like BA can modify their game or something if AC13 has the same features there's nothing they can do...that's what I don't get about them holding out to see what they have
To be able to market against it.

The majority of people won't buy both games - it's been three years since a console cricket game, so there's a good market out there for a new game - but only one. So as well as getting the timing right, they need to cover all the bases on why their game is the one to get.

Sure they can't satisfy the three people who buy a cricket game to hear Michael Slater - but even if Ashes genuinely can deliver an 'and more' to DB14 - or even just say that they have, then they will want to be able to cover those bases.

They will want to focus their marketing on countering any possible reasons to buy the other game, based on how AC13 is marketed. I imagine they will heavily focus on the Cricket Academy editor to counter the Ashes licences, and Don Bradman!

The fact is both game companies aren't very famous. BigAnt Studio and Trickstar ... Both of them didn't introduce any groundbreaking game so far. So this time competition is rather tough. As I didn't like IC2009 very much and didn't play IC2010 as I didn't had a ps3 back then(but heard it was bad) so I can assume BigAnt will easily win here. If codemasters would be developing IC2013 then I would have had a different view. :yes

p.s lucky for them UBISOFT not doing any cricket game !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread