Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...pretty impressive....I've done the coast to coast 6 times....but I just want to know when this game will be in my hands.....so it COULD be in my console before 2014!

so basically the conclusion is that DBC is not coming before october 1st as promised by Ross earlier....

The key is the "talking about figure" on FB we have less likes but always double to triple the amount of people "talking about" us...

Right now 37764 likes and 448 people are talking about the Ashes FB page, we have 5468 likes and 991 talking about Don Bradman Cricket 14.

The number of likes are less as people are still not aware about DB cricket 14, compared to the brand value create by Ashes cricket. You seriously need to put a lot of effort in marketing this game to generate the hype to gain the profits.

so basically the conclusion is that DBC is not coming before october 1st as promised by Ross earlier....

Yes...its not!!! The plans changed as soon as Ashes Cricket 2013 missed the mark. Ross mentioned this more than a couple of months back (i.e. the day the official announcement for AC13 delay was made) that the release plans would change

----------

The number of likes are less as people are still not aware about DB cricket 14, compared to the brand value create by Ashes cricket. You seriously need to put a lot of effort in marketing this game to generate the hype to gain the profits.

Read Biggs post....Likes can be bought!!! It does not in anyway reflect the actual sentiments of the 'buying public'. Dont read too much into it!!!

Yes...its not!!! The plans changed as soon as Ashes Cricket 2013 missed the mark. Ross mentioned this more than a couple of months back (i.e. the day the official announcement for AC13 delay was made) that the release plans would change

----------

but Ross already knew that AC13 will be delayed so y did he said that dbc14 will be released before october then?

but Ross already knew that AC13 will be delayed so y did he said that dbc14 will be released before october then?

Well, there is a misconception that Ross 'knew' the game will be delayed!! He was told by his sources that the game would be delayed, but there is no way he was 'sure' about it. If you read the posts that were made uptill the last day of Ac13's release, it was still not 100% sure that the game will be delayed. Infact, till the very last day, even the retailers (amazon) were saying that they would be receiving their stock and the game would release on time.

It became 100% sure only after the actual release date went by without any of the retailers receiving their stocks, and eventually an official announcement was made.

Release Saga .........

Based on my analysis and assumptions there are two month options for Big Ant Studios to release DBC 14, one month is October and the other month is December. I don't see Big Ant Studios releasing the game in November because Trickstar reputation has been really destroyed since their two delays and they can not afford any more delays. I can't see DBC 14 and Ashes C13 will be released in the same month because it will affect both the games sales and customers will be perplex to play both games at the same time so the conclusion is that when Ashes cricket 13 confirms it release so DBC 14 will also tell us the date of release. Hope we the customers will get the best product because we need an awesome cricket game. Best of Luck to Big Ant Studios for putting massive efforts and i hope they win race VS Ashes Cricket 13 :)

Why on earth will a cricket game made in Australia be released right after the AFL Grand final, During Rugby league finals time and Rugby union 4 nations time. How on earth would that benefit Big Ant or even any of us cricket game fans in anyway?

Who is going to buy a cricket game when AFL, NRL and international Rugby Union is at fever pitch (not to mention the ashes series just concluding 2 weeks ago).

If this game was released around the first Ashes test this summer or even on the same day as the boxing day test it would be far more logical than releasing it within the next 6 weeks.

If all that is not daunting enough lets throw in AFL LIVE release on the 12th sep, GTA 5 17TH sep(very likely to break all sorts of game sales records) and Fifa just a week or 2 after that.

Last edited:
Releasing a brand new cricket game on Boxing Day would be so unfathomably stupid...

Yes it would be extremely stupid to release a cricket game on the biggest day of cricket in Australia but not stupid to release it when cricket is out of season and all major footy codes are in finals climax.

A week or so around the 1st ashes Gabba test would be the best time plain and simple and if not that then boxing day is the 2nd best option.

The next 6 weeks is just unreasonable.

I agree around the time of the 1st test makes the most sense...however as for the 2nd option...

Reasons why it is unfathomably stupid

A) Ashes Cricket 2013 is planned to be released by then
B) The Australian cricket season would already be a month old
C) Missing out on Christmas sales...seriously?

Agree with you totally losing out on x-mas sales would be a big loss. Cricket season may be underway for over a month before the 1st Ashes test but the reality is that cricket will only be hot topic again a week or 2 away from the 1st GABBA test and as for AC13 i would not take any of their plans seriously.

Bottom line is Ross should just put all the English and Sub-continent cricket fans that are not familiar with our sporting calendar in Australia out of their misery. Releasing a cricket game in Australia in September or first half of October just does not make any sense at all.

----------

Read Biggs post....Likes can be bought!!! It does not in anyway reflect the actual sentiments of the 'buying public'. Dont read too much into it!!!

Hi angad, did Ross mention why the release date for his game is so heavily dependant on Ashes Cricket 2013? I never really understood why it is? I mean i get why releasing 2 games in the same month can be confusing to the public and all but is it to avoid AC13 because it has better brand recognition?

Hi angad, did Ross mention why the release date for his game is so heavily dependant on Ashes Cricket 2013? I never really understood why it is? I mean i get why releasing 2 games in the same month can be confusing to the public and all but is it to avoid AC13 because it has better brand recognition?

They are a direct competitor. Competitive forces will always have an impact on the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread