Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received a text last night saying Don Bradman has been pushed back for release in 2014 here in south Africa by the suppliers on ps3.

ok might not get an answer however will this news affect your plans at all Ross?
you said in your interview with twistie that you had a date but with this release in two days does it change anything for Big Ant?

ok might not get an answer however will this news affect your plans at all Ross?
you said in your interview with twistie that you had a date but with this release in two days does it change anything for Big Ant?

Ross has already said he would see what happens in the next few days before deciding what to do. So its 50:50 at the moment really.

Think about it - if they can't get online play working on PC, it's not going near a console. I think it's release is totally irrelevant to the wider market now.

Exactly. Like I said before, a $20 Steam release shouldn't mean diddly squat for the retail release of DBC. If it came out on 360 and PS3 for $60...then yes that would have an impact. But right now, it is just a matter of sitting back and watching the train wreck come out in a couple of days.

I suppose a great case study would be the situation between Rugby World Cup 2011 and Rugby Challenge video games which both came out in 2011 around the time of the World Cup.

Ross may or may not know how those two games went head to head against each other. Both targeting a relatively small market with a mixture of licensed and unlicensed content. I still can't understand how you could have a WC game and not have the Wallabies or All Blacks when the competition was actually in NZ.

I can't imagine either of these games were as successful as they would have liked due to the other game taking market share away. I think there are some parallels you could take into the 'battle' between DB14 and AC13.

Also, as an interesting note: RWC2011 published by 505 Games, Rugby Challenge published by TruBlu. Hmmmm...

I know the situation intimately and it is not too dissimilar, and is tracking the same sort of path.

Consider also that there is a Rugby Challenge 2 - as far as I know there is no follow up RWC.

I can't be entirely sure, but from what I heard Rugby Challenge sold more than Tru Blu's and Sidhe's goal. That was mostly through the fact that RC had most domestic competition licenses and Australia and New Zealand national team licenses. Also it was something like the best selling game ever in New Zealand...? Which doesn't mean much, but still. And yeah, now there is a RC2 so, there's that.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The thing is, I don't think Big Ant has any option other than to release now. If they release sometime next year after AC13 (presuming they actually release something), many people who bought AC13 will not want to try another cricket game. Also, the interest in cricket will be far less than it will be during the Ashes series. I think the only option is for DBC14 to be released as planned, sometime in December.

Another factor to consider is that although AC13 may sell more now during the Ashes series, as we continue on to next year, a game branded 2014 will sell more than a game branded 2013. I think DBC14 will have the better long term sales figures no matter what.

EDIT: Okay I see I'm contradicting myself. Basically, I think there is no better time for DBC14 to release than this year. Ultimately after the Ashes next year, DBC14 will have the best sales figures. I think they will put up a good fight (which they could very well win) against AC13 (again presuming they release anything more than digital) during the Ashes series. I think the 2014 label is a really smart marketing ploy. It ensures longevity and gives off the impression of it being 'newer' than AC, which is always a good thing. At the end of the day, DBC14 will sell better. Hope that's a bit clearer, I've got a head full of boggled up thoughts.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Ross must be sitting somewhere probably laughing at this train wreck (I mean, come on, no front foot/back foot shot selection option?) and also perhaps feeling slightly relieved. It's highly likely now that Ashes is not coming out on consoles and the road is clear for DBC14 to come out on its own.

I am pretty sure Ross must be sitting somewhere probably laughing at this train wreck (I mean, come on, no front foot/back foot shot selection option?) and also perhaps feeling slightly relieved. It's highly likely now that Ashes is not coming out on consoles and the road is clear for DBC14 to come out on its own.

I highly doubt it. I still recall Ross' statement about the game being "pox on all our houses" and I guess that's exactly what's happening.

^^Probably not if it is digital only. But that's something to be seen.

The only thing I care about is will this crap hurt DBC14, I see a small amount of sales over the next few weeks. PS Ross take the market I say now.:yes

Last edited:
Hi Ross.. would you change your plans for release date of DBC14 after this crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread