Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm calling Ross as the "official Planet Cricket reviewer" - surely you won't need more than an hour to play the game to its fullest; and a few more to capture a few screenshots and write "This is awful" over and over again?

this is when the unique mouse-based batting controls are actually really good and the game is fun...

i guess this explains the silence... legally unwinding a contract for full retail, multi console release down to a PC only, digital only no fanfare push out wouldn't have been easy.

prediciting anything about either of these games seems impossible, but it's hard to see how they can do a release on other platforms after this, because a staggered release makes very little sense.

Agree completely with you. Ignoring the actual release strategy...the quality (or lack there of) should be enough to say no console release

One thing that it could be is that they are still planning to release on consoles, but they had to get something out in November because CA or the ECB refused to allow another delay; so they release a non-hyped up steam release now and release a console release down the line and PR it then; while adding things like online through a patch (if that's even possible)? That's pretty much what we were thinking might have happened in June; and it perhaps explains the silence.

It also could be because they are incompetent developers; which is probably far more likely!

I feel genuinely sorry for anyone employed at Trickstar who busted ass on this title, this is the thanks they get... Zero fanfare and thrown away for a couple of Big Macs on Steam. Lando Calrissian got a better deal...

One thing that it could be is that they are still planning to release on consoles, but they had to get something out in November because CA or the ECB refused to allow another delay; so they release a non-hyped up steam release now and release a console release down the line and PR it then; while adding things like online through a patch (if that's even possible)? That's pretty much what we were thinking might have happened in June; and it perhaps explains the silence.
At the expense of badly damaging their brand and poisoning the well on a later console release with how incomplete the PC version is looking like being.

^

That's a given - it'd also poison the well for future cricket games, which doesn't help other developers at all.

Silly question: what competition has been handled worse: the last world cup or this Ashes?

From the manual:

Sounds to me like they're a little confused...

As far as I can see a Steam PC-only release is perfect for Big Ant. No competition either on consoles (where 90% of the market is) or in shops. That might of course change...

For the minority of us struggling in countries where fast, unlimited internet is a real luxury, a steam release absolutely sucks.. At least I have an Xbox!

I need to go search out a vague quote of mine from the past and slap it in my signature so I can publically self-handshake my awesome internet kinda sorta prediction skills

Agree completely with you. Ignoring the actual release strategy...the quality (or lack there of) should be enough to say no console release

oh dear, i hope Biggs doesn't agree too or it'll mean DBC in March 14 ;)

just going by the screenshots, and the abortion of a manual, i'd bet the mortgage money on them not having passed submissions.

I need to go search out a vague quote of mine from the past and slap it in my signature so I can publically self-handshake my awesome internet kinda sorta prediction skills

i'd have gone with "of course it's releasing you muppet"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread