Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would repeat that with console sales making up 90%+ of the market and footfall important for christmas-shopping-type buys this AC13 release is not bad news for DB14. Provided however they can get their product to market and onto the shelves as soon as possible.
If I were Ross I would be dancing a jig right now safe in the knowledge that my game will outsell Ashes Cricket.

Not yet, it is still not clear whether the game is cancelled for consoles or not. If they have cleared the submissions this time around and are willing to risk their reputation by releasing the PC version then it does not make sense not to release the game on consoles also.

No. If they're able to release on console what makes no sense is releasing PC only (via digital download) first.
It looks to me like they're trying to cut their losses and recoup what they can.

No. If they're able to release on console what makes no sense is releasing PC only (via digital download) first.
It looks to me like they're trying to cut their losses and recoup what they can.

also worth considering that they may have an obligation to release something...

anyone on this forum buying AC13 (except Ross for "comparison" and Matt for review) is, pure and simply an idiot and doing a disservice to cricket gaming.

we should be pretty well informed that the game is rubbish, and the 505 and trickstar have treated cricket gamers with contempt and do not deserve support. buying their game gives them or other developers no incentive to do better.

Yep I did the pre-order on steam today and I have quite a few (selfish) reasons.

- I played all cricket game released since brian lara on sega so why not this.
- I am on a business trip starting from this 25th till mid December so I can play it on my laptop when I have little time.
- Bigant and Trublu to blame for this purchase (if they would have released DBC 14 by now I may would have thought of not buying it)I will send Ross receipt of this wasted 20Euros as soon as I test and label it crap.
- Last but not least come on its 20 euros for a cricket game worth a try thats all.

also worth considering that they may have an obligation to release something...

Nah, don't be ridiculous. It's not as if they have announced a video game, promised exclusive insights, undergone a considerable amount of marketing, announced a release date, cancelled a release date the week of release, promised no more lies, promised information, not given information, posted a shoddy vine clip, continued to promise information, continued to not give information and continually announced that their product is better than their competition. Or am I mistaken?

There was always a case that people would buy the game that released first.

----------

Nah, don't be ridiculous. It's not as if they have announced a video game, promised exclusive insights, undergone a considerable amount of marketing, announced a release date, cancelled a release date the week of release, promised no more lies, promised information, not given information, posted a shoddy vine clip, continued to promise information, continued to not give information and continually announced that their product is better than their competition. Or am I mistaken?

It's not totally ridiculous. They'll have taken money from sponsors etc as and they may have a contractual obligation to use the Ashes license. As it happens I think they could have got away with ditching the whole project but obviously they feel that the route they've taken is their best chance of minimising their losses.

Now if Ashes does release on 21st then the release date will be announced on that day for sure....As starting for pre orders is a must as Ashes may make continue the frustration of cricket gamers as it has been doing for the past decade...People will lose hope....:)

I'm buying it look like don bradman cricket is history now it's Almost end of year no body no when is coming

Now if Ashes does release on 21st then the release date will be announced on that day for sure....As starting for pre orders is a must as Ashes may make continue the frustration of cricket gamers as it has been doing for the past decade...People will lose hope....:)

there is no way, no way on earth, the game as presented in steam has got through console submissions. not a chance.

ross should be rushing DBC out the door now - "wanna play a good cricket game? online and multiplayer on console? here you go boys..."

A rushed release won't hurt DBC's sales at all. The game better hit the market early December. Ashes will be exposed to the masses by then.

People buying AC, I guess they feel you can't look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak, personally I wouldn't want a lame horse at any price!! Maybe Ross could release a basic 10 over demo on friday( free and available on steam) just to dent any sales of that tripe,imagine as tricksters plan seems to be go in cheap to undermine bigant,(how do you like them apples fegan) then release DB in the next couple weeks and clean up for Xmas!!

Passing console submission is a matter of being "compliant", as in generally not crashing. Gameplay is a concern but will not get you a fail.

We have no idea if the console versions are coming or not at this point. "Early September" is nearly upon us and "all will be revealed" soon I guess.

I have no idea why anyone even bothered with the "all that and more", "DRS in DLC", "Reverse sweep in DLC" and all of that other bogus crap...

People buying AC, I guess they feel you can't look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak, personally I wouldn't want a lame horse at any price!! Maybe Ross could release a basic 10 over demo on friday( free and available on steam) just to dent any sales of that tripe,imagine as tricksters plan seems to be go in cheap to undermine bigant,(how do you like them apples fegan) then release DB in the next couple weeks and clean up for Xmas!!

What if the horse is dead ;)

We are predicating this on actually receiving the game this Friday on Steam - true we have paid - but we are yet to actually have it in our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread