Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the minority of us struggling in countries where fast, unlimited internet is a real luxury, a steam release absolutely sucks.. At least I have an Xbox!

I'd say there's a chance of an Xbox and retail PC release on November 28th but don't think they can make PS3 for that date. To be honest if they had console ready why would they be going for a PC-only digital release a week before?
Console is where the money is so I still think this is actually the best news Big Ant could have hoped for short of cancellation.

I'm expecting the last sentence of the review to be "At least its not Cricket Power!" now!

WHAT IS WITH THESE FIELDING CONTROLS!!!

This, this and this are previous cricket game reviews of mine - I seem to get lumped with the official reviews of the worst games.

You don't seem too keen on the Cricket Revolution/Power series?;) Your queries with the control system are probably backed up with the screenshot showing you 7/8. I wished I'd read your review before wasting money on Cricket Power. The worst cricket game I've ever had.

You don't seem too keen on the Cricket Revolution/Power series? Your queries with the control system are probably backed up with the screenshot showing you 7/8. I wished I'd read your review before wasting money on Cricket Power. The worst cricket game I've ever had.
Difficult controls as a way of overcoming a lack of AI difficulty is one of my most hated things in games - it's bad design, made worse by the lack of controller support. Everyone I read who could work the controls in CR could score freely - there wasn't any tactics to it.

There's poor execution and there's poor design. I'm far more forgiving of the former, because it gives a path forward for a series to build on.

I mentioned the other day DBC14 and CR are total opposites - I mean that right down to the controls - DBC14 is built around being able to respond to the ball that is bowled with controls that let you react late; CR had controls that required you decide before the ball is bowled.

Still - I'll go in with an open mind on the game - it's not a review otherwise.

I seem to get lumped with the official reviews of the worst games.

Even that Jesus chap had to die for our sins...

MattW can come to the Big Ant offices and play it, apparently on Friday, by himself :)

It's not the game we deserve, but it's the game we need right now...

Anyone planning to get AC13?? Personally I'd rather wait and spend extra money on the steel book version of DB14 or if its not available in UK pay for the postage from Aus!!

anyone on this forum buying AC13 (except Ross for "comparison" and Matt for review) is, pure and simply an idiot and doing a disservice to cricket gaming.

we should be pretty well informed that the game is rubbish, and the 505 and trickstar have treated cricket gamers with contempt and do not deserve support. buying their game gives them or other developers no incentive to do better.

id rather buy a glass hammer or a chocolate fire guard block!!

I would repeat that with console sales making up 90%+ of the market and footfall important for christmas-shopping-type buys this AC13 release is not bad news for DB14. Provided however they can get their product to market and onto the shelves as soon as possible.
If I were Ross I would be dancing a jig right now safe in the knowledge that my game will outsell Ashes Cricket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread