Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consolidating some of the information we know..

The the other day, Ross stated which countries the game is guaranteed to release in. They were all those that were expected, bar maybe the USA.
Given this, does anyone agree it is fair to say that distribution of the game has not yet been finalised on a retail level.
The others side to this possibility is that the retail distribution channel is sewn up, given why Ross is confident to name those countries, and that the others will likely be available via Online Purchase, post retail launch, in those non-primary cricketing countries.

The next batch of information is close. Either Ross will come out before Sunday and tell us that the market is not safe to enter, or he will provide a mid-December release.
The logistics behind this choice is interesting in that am I alone in saying a mid-Dec. release is too soon to Christmas to ride most of the rush? Thoughts on this?

Either way, this forum has been an open web page on my phone since April / May this year, not as long as some, but an interesting journey nonetheless.

Can't wait, and looking forward to sending my club side up against a few of you online when the game is released.

[/11.20pm overtired post]

Try to keep your mind busy by doing other things. I feel like i'm on crack and everytime I hit refresh and there's a new post I've got my fix.

Try to keep your mind busy by doing other things. I feel like i'm on crack and everytime I hit refresh and there's a new post I've got my fix.

Hahaha, I know the feeling.

It's a similar feeling to that of the human desire to engage in gossip. You just want to know! It won't achieve anything. It won't make you a better person, or fulfil even a minor fraction of your life. You simply want to know.

I'm a cricket tragic. Love the sport, and come this time of year, I so look forward to Saturdays, to get out on the field. and try and take 5 wickets for the boys.

Hahaha, I know the feeling.

It's a similar feeling to that of the human desire to engage in gossip. You just want to know! It won't achieve anything. It won't make you a better person, or fulfil even a minor fraction of your life. You simply want to know.

I'm a cricket tragic. Love the sport, and come this time of year, I so look forward to Saturdays, to get out on the field. and try and take 5 wickets for the boys.

Once the cricket bug's bitten it's got you for life.

You wouldn't be quite so enthusiastic over here, where it's 7 degrees outside, didn't get light until 7.35am and will be dark again by 3.51pm! Winter is here.

for the UK, there is no better time to release now before the next ashes...

next year is a write-off. especially if we carry on playing like we just did and lose the ashes... a tour to the West Indies, and a two-test series at home to Sri Lanka when the pitches will be too green and the weather too cold for them to be competitive will not get anything like the attention of the Ashes.

India at home would ordinarily be pretty-attention worthy but with the football world cup next summer it'll barely get a look in

I know we're only the 2nd most profitable market, and Aus will dictate the release, but really, UK-wise, it has to be before Christmas.

next year is a write-off. especially if we carry on playing like we just did and lose the ashes... a tour to the West Indies, and a two-test series at home to Sri Lanka when the pitches will be too green and the weather too cold for them to be competitive will not get anything like the attention of the Ashes.

India at home would ordinarily be pretty-attention worthy but with the football world cup next summer it'll barely get a look in

I know we're only the 2nd most profitable market, and Aus will dictate the release, but really, UK-wise, it has to be before Christmas.

Football casts a planet sized shadow.

Day 5 of the 1st Test against India is the day of the World Cup final. So the other 4 Tests of that series will not be overshadowed by the World Cup.

You wouldn't be quite so enthusiastic over here, where it's 7 degrees outside, didn't get light until 7.35am and will be dark again by 3.51pm! Winter is here.

Mate, that's what hallway cricket is for. There's no better way to dispose of unnecessary knick-knacks, antiques and glass windows than playing a perfectly timed pull shot on both knees.

... That sounded wrong :S

Edit: @BD my money is on a December release. 2014 is a possibility, but 2013 is the first guarantee of a date that Ross has thrown out there. I know it is only the PC community that is affected if he changes strategy and moves release into 2014, but I don't see him doing so.

As much as he plays up his fear of the "competition" (I use that word VERY liberally), I think he is confident in the product his team has put together to grind out a long fight against the potentially weakened market.

Last edited:
Day 5 of the 1st Test against India is the day of the World Cup final. So the other 4 Tests of that series will not be overshadowed by the World Cup.

the recriminations of England's 2nd round exit will be going on till October... :)

but actually, date-wise I didn't know that. makes it a slightly better proposition, for sure.

Ashes 13 made easy for DBC success . In some videos of DBC fielding lapses are there . I hope they are correcting them .Is there stat update for players once we start playing them ?

Last edited:
can we play game with keyboard & mouse alone ? if yes , someone please post control options for bowling , fielding & batting .

You cannot play with a keyboard. You can only play with a controller

Nothing like a knock in the nets with your old buddies. I miss that.

the recriminations of England's 2nd round exit will be going on till October... :)

but actually, date-wise I didn't know that. makes it a slightly better proposition, for sure.

Geez you're optimistic! My football obsessed family were predicting failure to qualify not too long ago..

So was I! Went and bought a Polish flag and everything :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread