Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTC will be cheap, it's just a bit of fun, no comparison to the feature set of DBC14.

If you liked the old game played on felt with the ball bearing then you will particularly enjoy it.

@Ricky I know you've been waiting forever for it - if you were in Melbourne I'd invite you over for a game.

Still got it!! May hav to get it down from the loft!!!

This is bizzare to say the least. Big Ant seem fixated only on Ashes 13 and have discounted all other factors completely (such as the ones mentioned below).

1. The Cricket Hype with the actual Ashes happening down under and the Aussies being competetive makes the market ripe for cricket games.

2. The Christmas Sales that can be tapped into by releasing by Mid December.

3. Ensuring that the Savings and Christmas Gifts do not get spent on PS4 and Next Gen games thus reducing potentially large sales volumes for DBC 14.

4. Like Blocker has stated, the market will remain poisoned by the Ashes release and more so with the impending patch that you are hinting at. There is no perfect timing because you have missed the bus (See points 1, 2 and 3).

5. The game will still be sold months after release and it will have a second wave when you release it on Next Gen. The marketing for the PS4 version of DBC 14 will also reignite the sales for the Current Gen version and it makes no sense to forego Christmas Sales, Real Ashes Hype and the Second wave like I explained by fixating solely on Trashes 13.

You could have had the best of both worlds by releasing early November but you missed that opportunity and it is now having a snowball effect and you are just shooting yourself in the foot and or playing into the hands of Trickstar (if they still exist). The First Mover advantage definitely works when you have a good product and especially when you are a new player in the market.

Apart from all this, the marketing has again left a lot to be desired. You had the play sessions which was great and proves that you have a great game and the confidence to show it off to the masses. However, the fact that videos from the playsession are taken from a mobile (or external recording devices) means that people cannot truly appreciate the magnificience of the game.

And to add to that, there are videos from the old build that dampen the enthusiasm for the Non Planet Cricket masses who are likely to stumble upon videos on You Tube from the older build. I just cannot understand how you could let that happen. You and the BA Team have paid so much attention to detail and toiled for 4 years but could not display the focus and organization required to ensure that the playsession was not compromised.

I have also seen that the feature description which got rolled out along with the Don Bradman title announcement lacked class and polish. For instance it says 'Imagine running in with your 2 metre bowler to DELIVERY that perfect bouncer'. How could such a glaring mistake have gone unnoticed. It is Deliver that perfect bouncer and not Delivery that perfect bouncer. Proof Reading, Attention to Detail??? Its a great game but you also need to be good at marketing its greatness.

It would seem completely logical to release proper gameplay videos captured professionally (not from external devices) displaying various aspects of the game and the amazing features that it boasts of. I am thinking of a proper 10 - 15 minutes Official Trailer that can be promoted on You Tube, Facebook and the Planet Cricket Homepage. We are passionate followers of the game and we can promote such a video endlessly. I am presently having a tough time scourging through various videos to highlight this game to my friends. If it is so diffucult for me as a PC member, I dont think the average Joe will have a better chance of looking at or finding THE Video(s) that embodies the soul of the game.

I certainly do not mind waiting for the game for however long it takes because I want it to succeed as a Franchise with subsequent sequels but I am really disappointed that you are compromising the success and profitability of this game by not doing the simple marketing things and by over thinking stuff.

I am hoping that this post serves as food for thought and am expecting a response (hopefully in terms of action) or atleast in terms of a post acknowledging that you have considered these points.

Last edited:
Think its time to accept this game is releasing next year, so enjoy yer holidays then we can start waiting again on January the 1st.:cheers

I think Ross will be waiting till next friday to see whether Ashes PC release actually takes place and plan the release accordingly....:)

You obviously haven't read back a few pages then.

You're right I haven't and I don't think anything posted in previous pages could change anything. The whole "oh must wait and see what ashes are doing" business is just nonsense now, especially after seeing what a joke the game is, pulled off steam which 99.9% means there's no chance of it coming to a console. So can't see how ashes has any bearing. Ross even said the general public don't know about either cricket game, so there you go!

Think its time to accept this game is releasing next year, so enjoy yer holidays then we can start waiting again on January the 1st.:cheers

But Ross has not clearly said that it will not release this year ...So there's hope till dec 31st...:)

This is bizzare to say ther least. You seem fixated only on Ashes 13 and haveI discounted all other factors completely.

1. The Cricket Hype with the actual Ashes happening down under and the Aussies being competetive makes the market ripe for cricket games.

2. The Christmas Sales that can be tapped into by releasing by Mid December.

3. Ensuring that the Savings and Christmas Gifts do not get spent on PS4 and Next Gen games thus reducing potentially large sales volumes for DBC 14.

4. Like Blocker has stated, the market will remain poisoned by the Ashes release and more so with the impending patch that you are hinting at. There is no perfect timing because you have missed the bus (See points 1, 2 and 3).

You could have had the best of both worlds by releasing early November but you missed that opportunity and it is now having a snowball effect and you are just shooting yourself in the foot and or playing into the hands of Trickstar (if the still exist).

Apart from all this, the marketing has again left a lot to be desired. You had the play sessions which was great and proves that you have a great game and the confidence to show it off to the masses. However, the fact that videos from the playsession are taken from a mobile (or external recording devices) means that people cannot truly appreciate the magnificience of the game.

And to add to that, there are videos from the old build that dampen the enthusiasm for the Non Planet Cricket masses who are likely to stumble upon videos on You Tube from the older build. I just cannot understand how you could let that happen. You and the BA Team have paid so much attention to detail and toiled for 4 years but could not display the focus and organization required to ensure that the playsession was not compromised.

I have also seen that the feature description which got rolled out along with the Don Bradman title announcement lacked class and polish. For instance it says 'Imagine running in with your 2 metre bowler to DELIVERY that perfect bouncer'. How could such a glaring mistake have gone unnoticed. It is Deliver that perfect bouncer and not Delivery that perfect bouncer. Proof Reading, Attention to Detail??? Its a great game but you also need to be good at marketing its greatness.

It would seem completely logical to release proper gameplay videos captured professionally (not from external devices) displaying various aspects of the game and the amazing features that it boasts of. I am thinking of a proper 10 - 15 minutes Official Trailer that can be promoted on You Tube Facebook and the Planet Cricket Homepage. We are passionate followers of the game and we can promote such a video endlessly.

I certainly do not mind waiting for the game for however long it takes because I want it to succeed as a Franchise with subsequent sequels but I am really disappointed that you are compromising the success and profitability of this game by not doing the simple marketing things and over thinking stuff.

I am hoping that this post serves as food for thought and am expecting a response (hopefully in terms of action) or atleast in terms of a post acknowledging that you have considered these points.

Quite a few valid points there. Although most of the people out here are not fans of personal opinions, I feel that your points have relevance. True fans like us are willing to play the patient game but it feels that BA has completely forgotten about the other factors that had made them vouch for a December release. It seems to be just the AC2K13 factor under the scanner for now. No one is a marketing expert out here but that does not make all opinions invalid. There is no real 'perfect' time for launching any product. There will always be some or the other risk factor(s). A wise strategy is going for minimal risk but the risk factor can not be nullified completely. In certain things, yes, it feels like BA is tending to overdo things to avoid any and every kind of risk.

However, do not be surprised to see these posts being criticized and ripped apart by many on this forum. ;)

But Ross has not clearly said that it will not release this year ...So there's hope till dec 31st...:)

The problem is with retailers not rushing to take DB14 than Ross wanting to hold off. AC has had an effect in putting retailers off buying up another cricket title and with the price being a lot lower if it does make it to disk they won't be any more likely to go with DB. Ross has said he wants the game out as much if not more than we do ( he's not anti profit is he? ) the problem now isn't AC or Ross its retailers!!!!!

If he sold to the public we'd have the game, but its not how it works from what I understand! If you really want this game ASAP get in to your local retailers and pester them about this game!

You're right I haven't and I don't think anything posted in previous pages could change anything. The whole "oh must wait and see what ashes are doing" business is just nonsense now, especially after seeing what a joke the game is, pulled off steam which 99.9% means there's no chance of it coming to a console. So can't see how ashes has any bearing. Ross even said the general public don't know about either cricket game, so there you go!

But Ross also said that some pre-orders of his game have been cancelled because of bad reviews for Ashes.

Thats what i asked the indian fans here to do and create some hype about the game among the retailers.

It may be nonsense but it's also Big Ant's release strategy as far as I can tell.

Big Ant have been around for a while. Even if we don't all agree with what we think they're thinking, they will do what they feel is best for the future of DBC14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread