Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the created players are still quite a ways from say, the clearly professionally made Don Bradman. I think that's the key difference... they're homaging current/past players rather than actually being photographic likenesses.

This kinda stuff is done all the time in the create-a-wrestler stuff for the WWE... It's a extension of that concept, really. I'm sure Ross has done the due-diligence on the legal side anyway.

Chad Goyle and Steven Tindoolka. Problem Solved.

In all seriousness though, it's simply awesome to be able to play on console with fully up to date rosters and roster flexibility

Big Ant Studios Malaysia SBN BHD does not encourage the violation of anyone's intellectual property rights.

If anyone finds a violation of rights they hold then we do encourage use of the report button.

Chad Goyle and Steven Tindoolka. Problem Solved.

In all seriousness though, it's simply awesome to be able to play on console with fully up to date rosters and roster flexibility

Just don't do what AC13 did and stick the real names in a spreadsheet alongside... :facepalm

----------

Big Ant Studios Malaysia SBN BHD does not encourage the violation of anyone's intellectual property rights.

If anyone finds a violation of rights they hold then we do encourage use of the report button.

Quite. I have a suspicious mind. Does the Malaysia part of your studio encompass a separate entity so as to provide limited liability?

i can't recall exactly, but hasn't ross also stated in the past something along the lines of the CA server being hosted in Malaysia? One assumes that is a favourable jurisdiction when it comes to IP infringement litigation...

-----

EDIT - I see, yes he did mention Malaysia ;)

No, that would be really, really stupid. Indeed even having such a spreadsheet at all on anyone's premises or computer equipment would be stupid - shipping it would be ridiculous.

That said, no one's ever accused them of being geniuses over there.

Last edited:
Indeed even having such a spreadsheet at all on anyone's premises or computer equipment let alone shipping it...

I can't help but think that one of the pissed-off behind-the-scenes guys just dumped that in there for us as a final 'F$#k This Company' before uploading it to STEAM, knowing that nobody would check it.

I can't help but think that one of the pissed-off behind-the-scenes guys just dumped that in there for us as a final 'F$#k This Company' before uploading it to STEAM, knowing that nobody would check it.

The file should never have been created in the first place.

This kinda stuff is done all the time in the create-a-wrestler stuff for the WWE... It's a extension of that concept, really. I'm sure Ross has done the due-diligence on the legal side anyway.

True!! In wwe games people create everything, from wrestlers to spiderman. And its been happening since many years now.

----------

Copyright is the exclusive right given to the owner of a copyright for a specific period. Copyright protection in Malaysia is governed by the Copyright Act 1987. There is no system of registration for copyright in Malaysia.

A work that is eligible is protected automatically upon fulfillment of the following conditions:-

a) sufficient effort has been expected to make the work original in character;
b) the work has been written down, recorded or reduced to a material form;
c) the author is qualified person or the work is made in Malaysia or the workis first published in Malaysia

I think the creations in CA would fail to fulfill the third point.

The file should never have been created in the first place.

of all the mind-bogglingly incompetent things about that game, that might be the worst... it's bizarre, literally the first lesson of "how not to do it 101"

Mike Fegan = Max Bialystock

----------

True!! In wwe games people create everything, from wrestlers to spiderman. And its been happening since many years now.

----------

I think the creations in CA would fail to fulfill the third point.

it's not the creations in CA that would need to fulfil these points but the original works (or intellectual property) in order to get the protection of this act.

but since we are not talking about works such as a book, song etc. it's not this act or clause that would apply.

Oh, there are so many things that come before any of the above - jurisdiction as in where did it take place(Server, Client)? Chain of title? Damages or lost earning or both? and so on and so on....

It's not really worth getting into - I did more than a year on this subject alone at Uni and that was just Australian Law.

----------

but since we are not talking about works such as a book, song etc. it's not this act or clause that would apply.

The works in CA are art and are copyright of the author jointly with Big Ant Studios BHD SBN.

It is the same as wedding photos, the "artist" (photographer) owns the works and must be paid consideration if they are reproduced.

Anyway, as above - boring conversation for most here.

The works in CA are art and are copyright of the author jointly with Big Ant Studios BHD SBN.

It is the same as wedding photos, the "artist" (photographer) owns the works and must be paid consideration if they are reproduced.

Anyway, as above - boring conversation for most here.

I was talking about the image rights of the player concerned, which I thought the act was not protecting (i.e. a work had to fulfill those three criteria before someone could claim copyright protection in Malaysia, and image rights would therefore be covered by different clause or act)? (Rather than protecting the CA creations - e.g. I can't see a time where I will sue someone for misusing my ropey Ian Botham creation) ;)

But yeah, not a particularly stimulating conversation...

CA creations are characterisations and would fall under Art. Anyway, it's complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread