Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Your son's arts and craft has really improved this semester Mrs Biggs"

As much as I love the attention, I think we now have a thread for that...

Lets ease this cattle-on-a-crossing accident back on course...

...what I'd really like to know is when is the Question & Answer portion of this thread concluded?

For a game that's been delayed and delayed, it's not got a great "brand" already, when you compare that with how Trickstar are handling themselves right now (by engaging the fans, being realistic and moderating our expectations) I know which horse I'm betting on...

You win lots of money at the races?

Just heard online that DBCricket14 is being released late January 2014, as in the last week OR early February 2014, as in the first week...

Is this correct??? :noway

Geez, we have been through this! I placed my preorder yesterday and eb games said game will be released next year, but as it has been mentioned, these guys wouldn't have a clue. Yes it COULD be released next year, it COULD be tomorrow, it COULD be christmas eve. Just chill out and stop making shit up

You win lots of money at the races?

Exactly. That's a post from over a YEAR ago. Pretty sure there's a bunch of folks in that thread that were skeptical too. I'm not hiding anything, Matt barely has enough time keeping up with deleting my posts without me joining in too...

...and no, I stick to pokies because it has wheel-chair access for Mum and with my eyepatch on I have limited depth-perception for the horse n' cart.

A lot of people got taken by Trickstar - 505, English Cricket Board, Cricket Australia, IAD (Australia's largest distributor), a large retailer in India who chose it over DBC14, numerous retail Buyers in the UK who did the same, and last but not least, most of you on here.

It's OK, it was a convincing story, it was designed to be, "it's a swindle".

A lot of people got taken by Trickstar - 505, English Cricket Board, Cricket Australia, IAD (Australia's largest distributor), a large retailer in India who chose it over DBC14, numerous retail Buyers in the UK who did the same, and last but not least, most of you on here.
It seems odd to me for those retailers to need to 'choose' between games - would a major games retailer really be put out by stocking an extra video game? I'd have thought anything that is sold on consoles would be available at least for special order in any games store.

Considering all the stuff sold on Amazon, I certainly don't get whey they'd suddenly get concerned about selling one extra cricket game. Even AFL Live 2 is on Amazon!

Unless of course what I'm missing there is that 505 used the 'pre-order on Amazon' stuff in those magazine advertisements to avoid having DBC14 on the site - but that would still strike me as very odd.

It seems odd to me for those retailers to need to 'choose' between games - would a major games retailer really be put out by stocking an extra video game? I'd have thought anything that is sold on consoles would be available at least for special order in any games store.

The retailers are not the complete issue, distributors/wholesalers are. For example, if a company was distributing Coke I wouldn't expect them to be distributing PepsiCo products. If a company was distributing Ashes 2013 then I would not be likely to suggest they distribute DBC14.

The retailers are not the complete issue, distributors/wholesalers are. For example, if a company was distributing Coke I wouldn't expect them to be distributing PepsiCo products. If a company was distributing Ashes 2013 then I would not be likely to suggest they distribute DBC14.

Ross are things any clearer to you regarding the logistics of the release date today than they were on Friday? Or is it all really a touch and go thing? Should we expect much news in the coming days, or is it best to assume we won't really know for a while?

Off-topic: F. Ross just got a double century

*On-topic: so with the other game not in the picture anymore, are they willing to distribute your game now? Is everything starting to clear up and work for the best of DBC?

a large retailer in India who chose it over DBC14

That would be Flipkart :D...will write them a mail asking when they would be taking preorders for DBC14 as it's one if the most awaited cricket games since almost a year(and link them it this site + IVG thread)

Last edited:
All those who did not give DBC a chance, must be ashamed of their sorry Arses,,,look now! We have only DBC to hit the shelves

Haven't had a chance to go laugh at my "friend" at BT Games, after telling him we looking at a possible cancellation of the other game(then), he was sure it was gonna release,,,he's got no choice now but to sell thee only game, DBC14

@ross- obviously you are working to a number of parameters to judge when the best time to release is. Are you able to tell us when the latest we could expect to hear an update on your release date decision would be. In other words there must be a date in December when you announce something about the release- good or bad, 2013 or 2014. Im sure you wont leave it until Dec. 29 to change the 2013 to 2014 thing. If you cant answer this because it gives too much away I understand. Surely this isnt literally a day by day decision is it?

Since Ross has not change the 2013 in the first post, I am inclined to think that a December release is still on. They are still trying to sort out all the possibilities. It must be real tough work. I will hate to be in Ross's shoes at the moment except for the parts he gets to play DBC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread