Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong forum?

Actually, I feel compelled to say - nothing - that is what you should have expected from us. Absolutely nothing at all.

Why would you think that anything was coming when I outlined specifically what the plan is? Academy Update is less than two weeks away - that's all people can expect.

I read here that some new info/footage was due on Friday, that's all. Maybe it was an incorrect rumour. Either way, game's looking amazing and I am very much looking forwards to getting my hooks on it. :)

Last edited:
I expect you misread posts that were talking about the Ashes game meant to be releasing information, not this one.

Matt/Ross can you please make an announcement thread where only Ross is allowed to post announcements about various releases/updates and can give us news of things to come!!

I hope it's not too late for such a thread!!

Thanks.

Matt/Ross can you please make an announcement thread where only Ross is allowed to post announcements about various releases/updates and can give us news of things to come!!

I hope it's not too late for such a thread!!

Thanks.

Really, is it that hard for you to go to his profile and search his posts

From what we have known about Ross since Oct 2012, is that he likes to be part of this community and answer's proper questions without demands and such

On the other hand, why don't you create a thread and update the original post with all the updates.

I guess I must have done. Shouldn't be too hard to find. :)

Edit: What - do you mean all that 'Big Head' stuff? Doesn't interest me in the least; at this stage, I want to see proper gameplay footage and screenshots.

agree with this, whilst its a bit of fun its not what im interested in

Really, is it that hard for you to go to his profile and search his posts

From what we have known about Ross since Oct 2012, is that he likes to be part of this community and answer's proper questions without demands and such

On the other hand, why don't you create a thread and update the original post with all the updates.

Why do you reply without thinking and when there's actually no need for you to reply??

First, I don't want such a thread to suit myself but requested it only because as someone posted a few posts back that he was expecting a screenshot/video this friday as he couldn't come across Ross's message that only an update of CA will be released in the next two weeks.....nothing more has been promised..

Second, I and for that matter I don't think maybe any user can create a thread in which only Ross is allowed to post....

The type of thread will only help people who just want a quick info of what's coming next....I personally don't need that but am not denying that it will help me also especially when viewing this forum through my mobile...

Why do you reply without thinking and when there's actually no need for you to reply??

First, I don't want such a thread to suit myself but requested it only because as someone posted a few posts back that he was expecting a screenshot/video this friday as he couldn't come across Ross's message that only an update of CA will be released in the next two weeks.....nothing more has been promised..

Second, I and for that matter I don't think maybe any user can create a thread in which only Ross is allowed to post....

The type of thread will only help people who just want a quick info of what's coming next....I personally don't need that but am not denying that it will help me also especially when viewing this forum through my mobile...

Let me get this right. Just because some people are lazy, you want Ross/Matt to do extra work for them

Since you are blaming me for not thinking before posting, did you actually think this through. So everytime Ross has to post an update or reply he will use such thread, then ask Matt or other mods to lock it before someone else can post just because some people are lazy.

As I said earlier, if anyone wants to get updates for DBC, just bookmark Ross's profile page and look through his posts.

If this game is getting released around mid November (very likely) surely BA and Tru Blu cannot have it sitting on the shelves alongside PS4 and Xbox one titles for the same $98 price, it is just a total lack of respect for Aussie gamers.

Just bought AFL live 2 today and suffered the same fate as Rugby Challenge 2 where the sequel was actually worse than the original.

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for all these Tru Blu published games being worth $80-90 + especially with the PS4 and Xbox one just around the corner.

If this game is getting released around mid November (very likely) surely BA and Tru Blu cannot have it sitting on the shelves alongside PS4 and Xbox one titles for the same $98 price, it is just a total lack of respect for Aussie gamers.

Just bought AFL live 2 today and suffered the same fate as Rugby Challenge 2 where the sequel was actually worse than the original.

I'm sorry but there is no excuse for all these Tru Blu published games being worth $80-90 + especially with the PS4 and Xbox one just around the corner.

You do understand that Tru Blu and BA don't set the price right?

You do understand that Tru Blu and BA don't set the price right?
Tru Blu do set the price - indeed they used the age of the current gen platforms and what consumers 'expect' as part of their explanation for pricing AFL Live 2 at $69 instead of being closer to $99 like AFL Live 1 was - would like to find the quote but Facebook is rubbish.

Obviously that was to avoid just saying that they priced it low because it wasn't as good as the older game - but it shows that the publishers certainly have price flexibility on console games, and it is a choice that the publisher makes based on what price they think will be most profitable.

Tru Blu do set the price - indeed they used the age of the current gen platforms and what consumers 'expect' as part of their explanation for pricing AFL Live 2 at $69 instead of being closer to $99 like AFL Live 1 was - would like to find the quote but Facebook is rubbish.

Obviously that was to avoid just saying that they priced it low because it wasn't as good as the older game - but it shows that the publishers certainly have price flexibility on console games, and it is a choice that the publisher makes based on what price they think will be most profitable.

I don't *think* you're right. Admittedly I haven't worked on that side of the business, but what I've always understood is that the publisher set a wholesale price (IE what they sell it to the retailer for) and they *recommend* a retail price, but the retailer is the one who chooses what they sell it for.
Retailers have a lot of flexibility because usually the wholesale price is a lot less than retail... If I remember rightly from some articles investigating it I read online, once you take tax and the retailer's profit out, the publisher gets about 60% of the RRP, a good portion of which goes to the platform holder... I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Found it:
"If you bought a game in the run-up to Christmas and it cost ?39.99 to buy, approximately ?7 (17.5 per cent) went on VAT (that figure increased to 20 per cent as of 4th January), while ?10.50 (27 per cent) went to the shop and ?12 (30 per cent) to the publisher.

The rest goes on what's called cost of goods: the nuts and bolts of videogame publishing. 65 pence (two per cent) goes on distribution, ?1.75 (four to five per cent) on marketing, and an ?8 (20 per cent) licence fee goes to the platform holder (Microsoft, Nintendo or Sony). All these costs are paid for by the game's publisher. If a third-party is behind the game, approximately ?3 goes to the developer"

Last edited:
Here in the UK games are never really more than ?40 for a standard edition. Sometimes GAME will try and price games at ?45-?50 but nobody buys it because you can get it for ?40 or less pretty much anywhere, online or in shops.

Remember the Modern Warfare 2 release where Activision set a RRP of ?60? Nobody charged more than ?40, I think I picked up a new copy in Game for ?40 a few days later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread