Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in the UK games are never really more than ?40 for a standard edition. Sometimes GAME will try and price games at ?45-?50 but nobody buys it because you can get it for ?40 or less pretty much anywhere, online or in shops.

Remember the Modern Warfare 2 release where Activision set a RRP of ?60? Nobody charged more than ?40, I think I picked up a new copy in Game for ?40 a few days later.

Yep. But that's all at the retailer end. The publisher/developer aren't setting the shelf price: only the wholesale.

I don't *think* you're right. Admittedly I haven't worked on that side of the business, but what I've always understood is that the publisher set a wholesale price (IE what they sell it to the retailer for) and they *recommend* a retail price, but the retailer is the one who chooses what they sell it for.
On that side of things yes, but the difference between a $69 and $99 SRP is not the retailer's margin - it's also the wholesale price, so they certainly have some flexibility to decide the ballpark that they are in.

Tru Blu have a history of setting a retail price and the game sitting there forever - Rugby League Live 2 is still ?39.99 on Amazon - and the $79-89 range at retailers here.

Obviously the UK market is skewed by the 'normal' game price being set back when they had an economy and the pound was worth something, but even though the Tru Blu games released over there factor the normal market price into the equation, they somehow stick there.

Its says november.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-08-22-32-31.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-08-22-32-31.png
    25.9 KB · Views: 98
It says kitty.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-08-22-32-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-08-22-32-31.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 22
I was merely pointing out the futility of screen-grabbing something and not understanding the context from what you were capturing of which, has been comprehensively explained to be simple placeholder information and estimated dates and not conclusive evidence of the game release information all in a humorous modern yet intelligent parody emulation of facetiousness, which most of you should be accustomed to simply reflected in textual form as: It says kitty.

I was merely pointing out the futility of screen-grabbing something and not understanding the context from what you were capturing of which, has been comprehensively explained to be simple placeholder information and estimated dates and not conclusive evidence of the game release information all in a humorous modern yet intelligent parody emulation of facetiousness, which most of you should be accustomed to simply reflected in textual form as: It says kitty.
and CHRIS GAYLE

The wholesale price dictates what the "platform fee" will be for the "platform holder" and indirectly sets the price at retail as there is a reasonably set in stone margin that depends on that wholesale price.

AFL Live 2 came out of the gate at $99 for the pre-order as the retailers did not know the wholesale price. It quickly dropped to $69 once they had the wholesale pricing details.

The markets and margins are different based on territory, with EB and JB HIFI having 90% of games sales between them in Australia they make sure prices maintain their margins.

K I get it.

...but do you?

1. DON BRADMAN CRICKET 14
Platform: PS3
Quantity: 1
Cost: TBA - As soon as an official price is announced we will notify you of our special pre-order price.
Availability: 15 November, 2013
Expiry: The order for this item will expire if payment is not received within 7 days of order date
Payment Date 15 November, 2013. If launch date changes this date will change accordingly.

from BT games in South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread