Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grrrrr will be extremely disappointed if not able to play the game during holidays which seems like the real possibility. :mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

Fortunately (errr?) for me, I'm being given a ton of uni assignments to do over the next month or two, which is certainly going to be keeping me busy. Assuming that even after the release date is announced, it's still 2-3 weeks away, and then it'll take another 1-2 weeks for me to get it shipped out here from back home, so assuming I'll get the game in mid January some time at this rate, it actually works out quite well for me, as that's about deadline time, and hopefully I can try and get most of my work done before then, haha! Then I'll be in need of a nice break, and with it still being really cold around then, a nice long session of DBC career should suit me nicely! :thumbs

I reckon we'll get the release date next week. I can tell by the confidence in Ross's posts :yes

Food for thought: what is the difference in terms of days between 31 Dec & 1 Jan? How does that differ from the days between 19 Dec & 20 Dec?

If the game does come out in the first couple of weeks of January, there is such little difference in terms of time that its irrelevant (with regards to a 2013 release) and all the people claiming that its "dishonest" etc need to <insert phrase of your choice>.

I think the only difference at this point is that some people obviously particularly want it for the Christmas holidays when they have some time to really play it. I think most of us are just happy to know it's coming soon though, whether that ends up being this month or next now. :)

Waiting for release date is like watching England bat slow, tedious and frustrating.:p

Food for thought: what is the difference in terms of days between 31 Dec & 1 Jan? How does that differ from the days between 19 Dec & 20 Dec?

If the game does come out in the first couple of weeks of January, there is such little difference in terms of time that its irrelevant (with regards to a 2013 release) and all the people claiming that its "dishonest" etc need to <insert phrase of your choice>.

well, I just asked my brother to get me ACIV for christmas because I doubt this is going to come out before the 25th, he doesn't want to give me nothing on the day and I can't ask him to spend the 3 weeks checking for the release of a game. so it makes the difference between me getting it or not for a few months because I'm not spending ?300 on stuff this month then going to the shops to buy a computer game on the 1st of january.

well, I just asked my brother to get me ACIV for christmas because I doubt this is going to come out before the 25th, he doesn't want to give me nothing and I can't ask him to spend the 3 weeks checking for the release of a game. so it makes the difference between me getting it or not for a few months.

Fair enough, probably should have picked different dates to make my point.

I agree that to have it before Christmas is ideal for everyone (including BigAnt) as it takes advantage of both Christmas sales and Christmas holidays. Ross has posted that he is working tirelessly to get it to us asap and my point was really that if its here now or in January time wise there is little difference (although sales and playtime wise there is) and its just a matter of distributors/retailers rather than BigAnt being "dishonest" or such like.

Waiting for release date is like watching England bat slow, tedious and frustrating.:p

No, watching England bat (or try to at the moment) is just thoroughly depressing. Waiting for DBC isn't anywhere near as bad in comparison, haha!

My hunch is if pre-christmas doesn't happen it's unlikely to be released early Jan, or maybe in Jan at all.

If they're keen for most profitble, pre-christmas is that as seen by the work they are doing to acheive that. But if you miss christmas, releasing immediately after or in early Jan is assuredly not the "next-best" in terms of profitability. I would guess timing it with the Aus/SA series might work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread