Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leaderboard

Is there going to be leaderboards
Most Runs
Most Wickets
So we can compare how we are going :)

Heres the bit that confuses me. If (IF) Ashes 2013 released when it was supposed to (June?) what date did BA have planned to release DBC? When it became obvious that Ashes werent going to make it, did BA use the extra time to do some further tweaking to their game. I guess what I am saying is.... have BA been sitting on a product that is ready to distribute, boxed up and ready to go since Nov. 6 waiting to see what Ashes would do. I dont understand....surely there were contingency plans for every thinkable occurrence. I think that BA might break some sort of record by announcing a date and having out to retailers within a week. Otherwise surely something would have been announced by now.

Ross, any info on the online mode?? Is online coop available?

Heres the bit that confuses me. If (IF) Ashes 2013 released when it was supposed to (June?) what date did BA have planned to release DBC? When it became obvious that Ashes werent going to make it, did BA use the extra time to do some further tweaking to their game. I guess what I am saying is.... have BA been sitting on a product that is ready to distribute, boxed up and ready to go since Nov. 6 waiting to see what Ashes would do. I dont understand....surely there were contingency plans for every thinkable occurrence. I think that BA might break some sort of record by announcing a date and having out to retailers within a week. Otherwise surely something would have been announced by now.

Im suprised Big Ant didn't find out Ashes 13 was going to be released to avoid all this.

Aren't they round the corner from each other?

The only 'good' that has come out of this from Trickstar's POV is that it's pissed Big Ant off, and probably cost them a lot of money in lost sales from not being able to release it when the hype about cricket is at its highest i.e now.

Im suprised Big Ant didn't find out Ashes 13 was going to be released to avoid all this.

Aren't they round the corner from each other?

The only 'good' that has come out of this from Trickstar's POV is that it's pissed Big Ant off, and probably cost them a lot of money in lost sales from not being able to release it when the hype about cricket is at its highest i.e now.

debatable

I do recall a post somewhere that BA intended to release in November (presumably around the 1st test). With the Ashes 13 delay, BA were thrown into a holding pattern. Since it wasn't cancelled and it seems some distributors backed Ashes 13 over DBC14. Meaning it became a struggle to get the game into stores at the same time.

The presumption was that AC13 would be cancelled earlier. Sadly, this didn't happen until after it was release. Now Ross has been hard at work trying to get retailers back onside as they are taking the view that 'all cricket games are shit'.

So, I doubt there was a date set once AC13 missed that first date because nobody knew what the hell was going on.

Trickstar were going down anyway with Ashes 13. But they've chosen to go down spectacularly in flames, by going completely kamikaze on the Big Ant flagship, f**king things up for them and everyone else big time. This move alone could of cost Big Ant millions of dollars in lost sales.

Dare I say it, would this of happened if Big Ant weren't so offensive towards them on this very forum? It went both ways I guess, but who knows...

Last edited:
I do recall a post somewhere that BA intended to release in November (presumably around the 1st test). With the Ashes 13 delay, BA were thrown into a holding pattern. Since it wasn't cancelled and it seems some distributors backed Ashes 13 over DBC14. Meaning it became a struggle to get the game into stores at the same time.

The presumption was that AC13 would be cancelled earlier. Sadly, this didn't happen until after it was release. Now Ross has been hard at work trying to get retailers back onside as they are taking the view that 'all cricket games are shit'.

So, I doubt there was a date set once AC13 missed that first date because nobody knew what the hell was going on.

Impressive analysis there, Crossy! :thumbs This is most probably what really has affected the release of DBC14.

Re crossy: In Ross' video with twistie, I'm pretty sure that Ross mentioned they had a date in mind. Obviously the Ashes debacle changed that, but I think they had previously penciled in a date.

Well, we know these things are usually meaningless, but EB Games NZ, who had 31st of December 2013 as their place-holder date for Pre-Order (likely in recognition of the fact that when they put it up they perhaps thought the game would be out by end of year), have now moved it to 31st of January 2014 (a Friday, which is a fairly usual NZ release day of week).

As I said at the start, these things are usually meaningless, but EB Games are the exclusive (at this stage) dealer for the steel book and are the only retailers that seem to have a display, so are obviously involved a little more closely than others. We're at 15 days to Christmas Eve (in relation to pre-christmas sales), so a release this year would come as somewhat of a surprise, but a welcome one for me.

Could be wrong, but despite what post 1 says (I hope it's right), I'm feeling that my earlier guess post of mid first quarter 2014 is looking every bit as possible as it did.

It was not really "obvious" that Ashes 2013 wouldn't make it out, it was obvious to me that it wouldn't be good, but I did not predict it would be the worst game to have ever been released.

Late October or early November was our original target. We had the game ready to go for the Playsession with a zero day patch in the works. Many here tend to ignore the *fact* time and time again that there were two good machines and builds at the Playsession as it simply does not suit their argument.

Ashes gave two days notice of release, that was obvious to no one here on PC, however I suspected it may happen and so we held back our release as we did not want them jumping on us. Their game had the pulling power of Ashes during Ashes, I was not going to gamble getting trampled on at 1/4 the price. Only someone who predicted *all* of the above with Ashes 2013 can have a go, everyone else can only come up with 20/20 hindsight as to whether that was a good or bad decision but it is what it is - my money, my risk.

All parties are nearly agreed on the way forward and I will post what that is as soon as I am able.

It was not really "obvious" that Ashes 2013 wouldn't make it out, it was obvious to me that it wouldn't be good, but I did not predict it would be the worst game to have ever been released.

Late October or early November was our original target. We had the game ready to go for the Playsession with a zero day patch in the works. Many here tend to ignore the *fact* time and time again that there were two good machines and builds at the Playsession as it simply does not suit their argument.

Ashes gave two days notice of release, that was obvious to no one here on PC, however I suspected it may happen and so we held back our release as we did not want them jumping on us. Their game had the pulling power of Ashes during Ashes, I was not going to gamble getting trampled on at 1/4 the price. Only someone who predicted *all* of the above with Ashes 2013 can have a go, everyone else can only come up with 20/20 hindsight as to whether that was a good or bad decision but it is what it is - my money, my risk.

All parties are nearly agreed on the way forward and I will post what that is as soon as I am able.

Before anyone posts anything regarding when the game releases, please read this, the part in bold is especially apt, Ross ain't hiding anything, let's try not to be peasants guys

Does anybody else think that Mike Fegan released Ashes 13 in its state as a big middle finger to Big Ant? Ross?*

*I'm partly serious on this as it wouldn't surprise me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread