Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would I be reading too much into this statement to suggest that there was a bug in the game that resulted in the day one patch being unable to be completed on time for a 2013 release, or is this solely logistical/financial?

Or will that mean there will be additional development right up to the new release window?

Exactly what I was going to post. An honest answer would be great.

Can't say I'm not massively disappointed tbh. Those with consoles, like myself, are the 'losers' here. Yes, I'm wallowing in self pity!!!

I am always astounded by people that they believe they have lost because others have gained.

Kevin Chang Syndrome.

its-not-enough-that-i-should-succeed-others-should-fail-kevin-chang.jpg

Would I be reading too much into this statement to suggest that there was a bug in the game that resulted in the day one patch being unable to be completed on time for a 2013 release, or is this solely logistical/financial?

Or will that mean there will be additional development right up to the new release window?

ross please answer this

Exactly what I was going to post. An honest answer would be great.

Can't say I'm not massively disappointed tbh. Those with consoles, like myself, are the 'losers' here. Yes, I'm wallowing in self pity!!!

More than that, I would be interested in if they are going to add any more features in the game. Ross doesn't have to tell the features, but I guess a simple Yes or No would make a lot of people happy here (mostly, the Yes part will do)

i'm glad i reinstalled my operating system last week, because CA has been running much better so hopefully my computer will cope.

if not, i just got a new much better work computer, can see that coming home with me :)

it would be good if ross or matt could clarify exactly what we get with nets, i.e. can we select different players, is it batting and bowling, can we go up/down difficulty etc.?

(i think i recall matt saying he saw mikey batting on highest difficulty in the nets so i assume that, but i also think we saw the don against a bowling machine, so is there bowling for example and can we use other players?)

Those with consoles, like myself, are the 'losers' here. Yes, I'm wallowing in self pity!!!

Those with consoles aren't losers as such; those without gaming PCs are. It's quite possible to have a console and indeed even be planning on buying a console version without missing out the nets; console ownership isn't the issue.

EDIT: Wow, I really messed this post up.

Last edited:
I know this has basically already been asked by MattW, but...Ross are you pushing it back to fix up some bugs, to add another feature or two, or is it just allowing more time for marketing/advertising the game?

Great news! Hopefully the release will not be more than a month or two away. In the meanwhile, time to get used to the new controls. I am in Dubai right now on a vacation. Can't wait to come back next week and try the nets! Some questions:

1. Can we also bowl in the nets?
2. Can we select the difficult level while batting in the nets?

Thanks Ross il say that the nets was the real good news. The 2014 news was already obvious to most of us.

Delay was on the cards, as there is nothing we hear from retailers in India, this suggested me that no deal happened till now between production house and retailers..and as Ross is good human being, he just don't want Aussies/NZers to play this game in isolation..

Appreciate your decision..Ross and hope to see you guys stuck a deal soon.

Those without consoles aren't losers as much; those without gaming PCs are. It's quite possible to have a console and indeed even be planning on buying a console version without missing out the nets; console ownership isn't the issue.

Agreed. Anyone who can't run CA. A shame really, gives those with CA a) a chance to play the game (in a way) and b) get practise in for months before the rest of us can even get our hands on it.

Don Bradman Cricket 14 will not release in 2013.

In order to bring the best possible game to the market at the best possible time we have decided to move the date into 2014. We are working to get the game to all markets simultaneously and will advise as soon as we can of an exact release date once it is known.

On a positive note, there will be a new Don Bradman Cricket Academy released on Friday and to say thanks for your patience it will include the long awaited Nets Practice mode.

There goes Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread