Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashes got a delay and everyone went mad.

BA delays and no one minds because we're getting nets as a gesture.

:facepalm

You can't be serious to be considering both the scenarios as same :noway

@Ross - No worries. We know it was in the best interest of the game and I'd rather want the franchise to be successful and in turn play future iterations of the game than go through another dry period of no cricket game at all.

Last edited:
You can't be serious to be considering both the scenarios as same :noway

@Ross - No worries. We know it was in the best interest of the game and I'd rather want the franchise to be successful and in turn play future iterations of the game than go through another dry period of no cricket game at all.

Lee's point was more about managing expectations and he's spot on. Both AC13 and Big Ant have left a lot to be desired on that front. When folks have been led to believe the game will definitely be out in 2013 and mid december you come out and state the release has been pushed back to 2014 you are bound to get some criticism.

Lee's point was more about managing expectations and he's spot on. Both AC13 and Big Ant have left a lot to be desired on that front. When folks have been led to believe the game will definitely be out in 2013 and mid december you come out and state the release has been pushed back to 2014 you are bound to get some criticism.
To me, it seems that the only similarity between the situations are that they are both cricket games that have been pushed back. That's the only aspect that is similar in my eyes. Big Ant have been open and upfront when they have been legally able to, whereas Trickstar lied to us on the few occasions they communicated with the community. They also tried their best to hide the game whereas Big Ant tried to show off the game as much as they could, letting gameplay do the talking, whereas AC13 relied on their "officialness". The reason that we don't have DBC14 is because of how diabolical AC13 was. Big Ant have been ready for a couple of months whereas Trickstar had to delay their official release date, causing problems for Big Ant and their shambolic release was a "pox on all our houses".

Maybe Big Ant could have done some things differently, like hiring a soothsayer to predict what Trickstar could do, but they should not be tarred with the same brush as the company who conned us for months.

+1 for Ross and bigant, nothing promotes a game like a good old fashioned demo.:thumbs:thumbs:cheers
Thanks and this gives us plenty of time to get familiar with controls and keep us busy with something else than picking on ross.

Right or Wrong im glad they made their own decision :cheers

Last edited:

If I were to even contemplate a debate on comparing the two scenarios here's what I would put forward:

AC'13 -> Was there even a slightest of a hint that made people think that there might be a delay? We got the news 2 days before the release date.
DBC'14 -> We didn't rule out a delay (implying we were aware of what was happening around) and knew the reasons behind it. Communication was the key here.

To me, it seems that the only similarity between the situations are that they are both cricket games that have been pushed back. That's the only aspect that is similar in my eyes. Big Ant have been open and upfront when they have been legally able to, whereas Trickstar lied to us on the few occasions they communicated with the community. They also tried their best to hide the game whereas Big Ant tried to show off the game as much as they could, letting gameplay do the talking, whereas AC13 relied on their "officialness". The reason that we don't have DBC14 is because of how diabolical AC13 was. Big Ant have been ready for a couple of months whereas Trickstar had to delay their official release date, causing problems for Big Ant and their shambolic release was a "pox on all our houses".

Maybe Big Ant could have done some things differently, like hiring a soothsayer to predict what Trickstar could do, but they should not be tarred with the same brush as the company who conned us for months.

Let's be clear here. Just because AC13 was such a huge clusterf***k doesn't mean Big Ant handled everything well. In fact when you compare anything or anyone to AC13, the other party is bound to look better.

Big Ant, and I use Big Ant synonymously with Ross, did lot of things well, especially the way they interacted with cricket gaming fans here. But that doesn't mean they didn't make any mistakes. The one area Big Ant have fallen is while managing expectations. When you state "the game will be out 2013 no matter what" and come mid december you have to to an about turn, it does mean you slipped up no matter how you slice or dice it.

I am calling it as I'm seeing it. I have been a big supporter of Ross & Big Ant as I truly believe they are on the right track to giving us cricket gaming fans what we truly want, but at the same time I'm going to point where things could have been better. Ross did lead folks on here regarding 2013 release with "xx-0x-2013" and "game will be out in 2013 no matter what" and with the game being pushed out it does point to mismanaging customer expectations with respect to release of the game.

Last edited:
I'm going to take the delay as positive news. (For me anyway)
It seems like this has been delayed possibly to get a current gen and next gen game released at the same time. I know lee has moved on to ps4, as have many others. If a few of the tiny population on this site have put off this game due to nxt gen, just imagine the sales lost world wide due to it!

et's be clear here. Just because AC13 was such a huge clusterf***k doesn't mean Big Ant handled everything well. In fact when you compare anything or anyone to AC13, the other party is bound to look better.

Big Ant, and I use Big Ant synonymously with Ross, did lot of things well, especially the way they interacted with cricket gaming fans here. But that doesn't mean they didn't make any mistakes. The one area Big Ant have fallen is while managing expectations. No way you slice or dice it but when you state "the game will be out 2013 no matter what" and come mid december you have to to an about turn, it does mean you slipped up.

I am calling it as I'm seeing it. I have been a big supporter of Ross & Big Ant as I truly believe they are on the right track to giving us cricket gaming fans what we truly want, but at the same time I'm going to point where things could have been better. Ross did lead folks on here regarding 2013 release with "xx-0x-2013" and "game will be out in 2013 no matter what" and with the game being pushed out it does point to mismanaging customer expectations with respect to release of the game.
Like I said, there are things that Big Ant might have handled differently. They seem to be an excellent company in terms of interaction with consumers and being loyal to them, and importantly make very good games on a low budget. Ross has also been a brilliant member of the forum but that doesn't mean they are the saints that some on here seem to think they are. I probably got the wording wrong and made it sound like I am accusing them of being deceitful, but what is mean is that I think some go overboard with the "Sir/Saint Ross" sort of thing. They are a normal business and they can make some mistakes, and they may have made some in expectation management.

Ross has admitted that sometimes he speaks his mind over what will happen before being able to 100% confirm it and will cut down on that for the next iteration, which may be a shame for those who don't take stuff out of context. But I believe that he and Big Ant are the future of cricket gaming and I will also support them all the way.
It seems like this has been delayed possibly to get a current gen and next gen game released at the same time.
I think that is unlikely:
No. There will be as little delay as possible for the current gen versions.

Let's be clear here. Just because AC13 was such a huge clusterf***k doesn't mean Big Ant handled everything well. In fact when you compare anything or anyone to AC13, the other party is bound to look better.

Big Ant, and I use Big Ant synonymously with Ross, did lot of things well, especially the way they interacted with cricket gaming fans here. But that doesn't mean they didn't make any mistakes. The one area Big Ant have fallen is while managing expectations. No way you slice or dice it but when you state "the game will be out 2013 no matter what" and come mid december you have to to an about turn, it does mean you slipped up.

So. Much. Sense. It's difficult to comprehend.

Anyway, I think this news is fairly positive. We can finally lay the Christmas 2013 ghost to rest and concentrate on the new version of CA, which I think is a grand gesture, considering that Big Ant was in no way obliged to do it. For all those complaining about the lack of a demo, here's your chance, boys. Have at it, and analyze it to bits. Also, post many videos.

Like I said, there are things that Big Ant might have handled differently. They seem to be an excellent company in terms of interaction with consumers and being loyal to them, and importantly make very good games on a low budget. Ross has also been a brilliant member of the forum but that doesn't mean they are the saints that some on here seem to think they are. I probably got the wording wrong and made it sound like I am accusing them of being deceitful, but what is mean is that I think some go overboard with the "Sir/Saint Ross" sort of thing. They are a normal business and they can make some mistakes, and they may have made some in expectation management.

Ross has admitted that sometimes he speaks his mind over what will happen before being able to 100% confirm it and will cut down on that for the next iteration, which may be a shame for those who don't take stuff out of context. But I believe that he and Big Ant are the future of cricket gaming and I will also support them all the way.

I think that is unlikely:

You won't get any argument from me on those points. I believe Big Ant and Ross are the right devs to work on a cricket game and nowhere have I even implied Ross is deceitful or anything of the sort. I'm simply pointing out Ross and Big Ant could have been better in terms of managing expectations and it's only fair they cop a bit of criticism on that front.

I know lee has moved on to ps4, as have many others. If a few of the tiny population on this site have put off this game due to nxt gen, just imagine the sales lost world wide due to it!
No you just cant see the results of this much small quantity and then just inflate it according to gamers of the whole world. PC is not sufficiently large enough to make such assumptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread