Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very true, I was in a games store here in the UK yesterday, asked if i could pre-order DBC. The assistant said it had been cancelled, i then collared the manager who told me yes I could pre-order.
My point being, if the sales staff aren't up to speed what chance does the games player browsing in store have.
A new year is nearly here and hopefully the situation will change with the memory of Ashes 13 confined to where it belongs, the bin !!

This is *exactly* what has been happening all around the globe since the Ashes debacle. I just do not have the cash to educate the masses of people from the public through to the stores - we have to have distance.

----------

i know, i quoted it.

I know - but your and my posts had too many words for some.

which store please mate?
I'm certain if you go into a store, insist something exists and then offer to give them money to pre-order it, they will take your money.

This is *exactly* what has been happening all around the globe since the Ashes debacle. I just do not have the cash to educate the masses of people from the public through to the stores - we have to have distance.
You'd agree though that there's a particular problem with the UK right? It can't be just a coincidence that of the four countries you mentioned as the primary markets - Australia, NZ, South Africa and the UK - only one of those doesn't have a major retailer listing the game.

It's one thing to not be aware of the game in an EB store in Australia where it is going to be on their systems to look up - but most of the UK stores have no reason to know of its existence.

That mean to say for those who didn't get it.....99% we may get at most Jan 31st

Ok. Lets be really clear.

It could release anytime from 1st January onwards.

You will know the exact release date no later than February 1st.

----------

I'm certain if you go into a store, insist something exists and then offer to give them money to pre-order it, they will take your money.

You'd agree though that there's a particular problem with the UK right? It can't be just a coincidence that of the four countries you mentioned as the primary markets - Australia, NZ, South Africa and the UK - only one of those doesn't have a major retailer listing the game.

It's one thing to not be aware of the game in an EB store in Australia where it is going to be on their systems to look up - but most of the UK stores have no reason to know of its existence.

The retail buyers in the UK are aware of the product. We have not pushed it down the channel.

----------

The retail buyers in the UK are aware of the product. We have not pushed it down the channel.

means we get the release date before 1 jan ?????

You will know the exact release date no later than February

I Bow to You ......
:yes

----------

You will get Release date after Jan 1st....Enjoy Christ mas...Enjoy Jan 1st...Later Enjoy The Only Worth Game To Buy In 2014

To the out-of-context-mobile!

It's good to know that we'll know by February at the latest. Would it be reasonable to assume we'll have it by April at the latest?

We have not pushed it down the channel.
Is there a reason not to, even without a date I can't see a negative in a retailer being able to look up DBC on their systems, instead of just giving a baffled look to customers if they try and find 'cricket' on their systems?

Wow.

i don't know if the plan was always boxing day, or if it became boxing day after ashes, but if it was the plan all along i'm not overly surprised there were issues in the UK.

boxing day is a huge retail day here, but it's all about sales. new products don't launch on boxing day; new movies yeah, new products not so much. combine that with no post for online pre-orders to arrive, and i can see there would have been problems getting that to stand

i don't know if the plan was always boxing day, or if it became boxing day after ashes, but if it was the plan all along i'm not overly surprised there were issues in the UK.

boxing day is a huge retail day here, but it's all about sales. new products don't launch on boxing day; new movies yeah, new products not so much. combine that with no post for online pre-orders to arrive, and i can see there would have been problems getting that to stand

when do u new video games get released in australia is it a thursday normally

Almost 100% Thursday in Australia but there are exceptions, I expect DBC14 won't be one of them (unless a store breaks the release date).

----------

We just couldn't get them there in time because they wanted it the week before because Christmas happens to fall mid-week, they would not accept the delivery on the weekend or the two days prior to Christmas.

Sales in Australia too but we always hold our price, even on boxing days prior, we don't discount.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread