Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you kids prefer, a definite release date but no videos, screenshots, first-hand information on the game mechanics?

Or what we currently have, which is a reasonable idea of the release date and lots of material to keep up the interest.
It would be a stretch to call people in here 'kids' for wanting to know all of the information that they can reasonably be entitled to.

That said, I agree with everything else you put. I'd rather know where I stand in slightly more vague terms and be lavished with the rich teaser content I've had so far, than a two-minute content-light video and a (somewhat insulting) expectation that I'll just fall in line and throw my money at it.

Last edited:
If things will be delayed, people will lose their patience & interest and will try to download torrents and after downloading, if game is not good then he will spread the news regarding this and no one will buy that game. If game is good, then people will ask to send him the downloaded files which means again you will get nothing. :rolleyes

Why people will spend money for nothing?

Hmm. So you're saying that if he downloads it and doesn't like it, he will spread the word to his friends that THEY shouldn't download it either? But if the game is good, he will tell his friends that they SHOULD download it?

Sounds like we'll all be missing out on a lot of illegal downloads.

I feel like I need to apologise in advance for anyone who illegally downloads the game but doesn't like it. You probably deserve some screenshots as compensation. :yes

Obviously what do you expect from someone who makes a pre-order and then on release date, he gets a message that game is delayed just because the game owners want to improve it but they don't have time to atleast tell you about the delay.
I had a pre-order for Ashes Cricket 2013 - when it was delayed I decided to cancel that pre-order.

Because of the delay, it means that I will be playing other games that will have released before it does, including another cricket game.

So instead of pirating Ashes Cricket 2013, I will simply not get it unless I'm either impressed enough by info they release closer to the release date or reviews from people who have bought the game are positive.

So as for 'what do you expect' - I expect people to vote with their wallets, if you're annoyed at 505/Trickstar's strategy of not giving out information in advance on the delay - by all means show that by not buying the game.

But that means if you don't buy it, you don't play it. You can just go on as if the game never existed and never released.

I also don't believe for a moment anyone who says they will buy this game and pirate Ashes - you're going to steal both, because that's clearly the kind of person you are.

I had a pre-order for Ashes Cricket 2013 - when it was delayed I decided to cancel that pre-order.

Because of the delay, it means that I will be playing other games that will have released before it does, including another cricket game.

So instead of pirating Ashes Cricket 2013, I will simply not get it unless I'm either impressed enough by info they release closer to the release date or reviews from people who have bought the game are positive.

So as for 'what do you expect' - I expect people to vote with their wallets, if you're annoyed at 505/Trickstar's strategy of not giving out information in advance on the delay - by all means show that by not buying the game.

But that means if you don't buy it, you don't play it. You can just go on as if the game never existed and never released.

I also don't believe for a moment anyone who says they will buy this game and pirate Ashes - you're going to steal both, because that's clearly the kind of person you are.

Well I am that guy who always fights with his parents to buy some games because they don't want me to waste money on games. :lol
Normally I buy games secretly with the money that is left with me and right now so many games are coming that I don't think I will prefer to spend my money on AC13 unless they show something special in their game but for that, they must atleast show their work. They told us they are improving but how we can say that they have improved? We don't know what they did last time and what they will do this time? Saying game will come in November is not enough. They have to do something to attract users to buy that game or people will download torrent only. BA Studios have attracted many users by showing us some videos almost every week and that's why I will spend everything on DBC14 + I will buy a good controller for this. :yes

Still I expected more from AC13 but they disappointed me. :rolleyes

They have to do something to attract users to buy that game or people will download torrent only.
This is where you fail.

If the game doesn't impress you enough to buy it, that's no excuse to steal it.

It's simple - if a publisher looks and sees low sales and high piracy, they will just make all their games console exclusive - try downloading a console...

This is where you fail.

If the game doesn't impress you enough to buy it, that's no excuse to steal it.

It's simple - if a publisher looks and sees low sales and high piracy, they will just make all their games console exclusive - try downloading a console...

I am just telling you what happens in reality. People download torrent because they love that sport but they don't expect much from game.

I am just telling you what happens in reality
You said what you're going to do,
I am saying this publicly that I won't buy AC13 and you know the reason but will download.

"People" can do what they like - you can do the right thing and just not play games you're not willing to buy and set an example for "people".

I am just telling you what happens in reality. People download torrent because they love that sport but they don't expect much from game.

Ridiculous.

What if the game is good and the price is high?

People won't torrent it eh?

You said what you're going to do,

"People" can do what they like - you can do the right thing and just not play games you're not willing to buy and set an example for "people".

LOL!
You saw that screenshot na which chief posted?
I started the convo from there. I supported that guy who posted about AC13 in the screenshot because he had a valid point.

Yes People include me. Do you have any idea how many people download torrent? You will get millions of people who have used torrent sites to download something instead of buying.
I am just telling you what happens in reality. If games are good, I will definitely buy.

Ridiculous.

What if the game is good and the price is high?

People won't torrent it eh?
That's a different case and I have nothing to do. See I will buy F1 2013 which costs around 4500 Rs. because they have something in their game which will force me to spend that much.

Using that logic then, you just steal everything that you don't want to pay for.

Classy.

There are other things that 'force you to pay that much' - the law, general morals/ethics, not being a selfish brat etc etc

I supported that guy who posted about AC13 in the screenshot because he had a valid point.
No he doesn't - the timing of the release or the amount of screenshots they show you has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on whether it's okay to pirate.

It's a shitty excuse for people who were going to pirate regardless to somehow justify their actions.

To do it to the developer's face is just shameless and disgraceful.

And another thing....if the game isn't 'good enough to pay for'....then why would you even want to play it? Wouldn't you rather play the game which you are apprently going to buy legally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread