Don Bradman Cricket 14 PC PLAYABLE NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously he would like to make a profit (and it will help the next version if he does) but you have to play a long game in terms of building both the product and the brand.

Obviously he would like to make a profit (and it will help the next version if he does) but you have to play a long game in terms of building both the product and the brand.

Perhaps BA know there won't be any competition for another couple of seasons so yes indeed somewhere down the line they will make a fortune in time to come.. Don Bradman is a brand himself and a good quality game like this will only enhance his & Big Ant's reputation..

Perhaps BA know there won't be any competition for another couple of seasons so yes indeed somewhere down the line they will make a fortune in time to come.. Don Bradman is a brand himself and a good quality game like this will only enhance his & Big Ant's reputation..

I'm not competition makes a great deal of difference. We've had a void since 2010 anyway and no-one has stepped in to make a killing.
That said I think there might potentially be 3 games next year although I fully expect DBC to be head and shoulders above.

I'm not competition makes a great deal of difference. We've had a void since 2010 anyway and no-one has stepped in to make a killing.
That said I think there might potentially be 3 games next year although I fully expect DBC to be head and shoulders above.

I guess BA ventured into this project in 2009 just that it took them sometime to create a whole new experience.. so yes there has been a void but there have been instances when games were developed for a while and then cancelled, and AC13 debacle was the icing on the cake.. Good companies could have made a killing, even EA started a project and then cancelled it half way.. its just that no company was so passionate about developing a title for immersed gameplay.. BA sensed an opportunity created a good title and will reap the fruits of the same for years to come.. I think DBC's success should be credited to the hard work of team BA and some luck..

Mr Chief.

I must ask what do you think about the nets if you have them, taking any idea for Chief's cricket 2014 yet.:p

Very much enjoyed my knocks so far (although clearly with a lot less dedication than others here: I think my best streak was about 7 or 8!)

some good leaves there, obviously.

it's also true that the first version has a lot of sunk costs in terms of the base game that the future iterations wouldn't have (unless they were "rebuilt from scratch"), plus if the first game is a success in terms of customer reception, your marketing for future games becomes less expensive as the earlier game is part of that marketing.

Very much enjoyed my knocks so far (although clearly with a lot less dedication than others here: I think my best streak was about 7 or 8!)

Playing straight is best on the pitch in the nets, as the bounce is not to high. Drives and front foot defence shots are easy. I average about 6 to 8 but anything above 20 is a good knock on legend. Just need the full game now and Ross ass kicking online starts.

PS Time to make stuff up as I know how much Ross loves that, the delay for the game is because Ross needs time to practice as he spends to much time on here.:p

some good leaves there, obviously.

it's also true that the first version has a lot of sunk costs in terms of the base game that the future iterations wouldn't have (unless they were "rebuilt from scratch"), plus if the first game is a success in terms of customer reception, your marketing for future games becomes less expensive as the earlier game is part of that marketing.

This move by BA would also mean more mid-sized and small companies will not fear experimentation with gaming titles.. BA's continuous responsiveness to our queries and proper explanation of their implementation in the game has gone a long way in people liking the new systems in this game.. Good PR can take you a long way and BA has proved that..

His posts have always come across as from someone who is one of us and not the CEO of BA.. hit wittiness has always made people treat him like their friend which is special.. Something we haven't experienced with other games.. At least not me.. So a Job well done.. If this was a part of their strategy i guess strategically DBC is going to be one heck of a Game..

P.S-: I don't praise people for a living..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread